Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Personator

Public Test 6.12 - Rental Ships

7 comments in this topic

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
5,491 posts
5,007 battles

With the upcoming rental ships for next patch, I'm excited to be able to play them in random battles as well to see how they fit. However...

8436fb6efb.png

Shouldn't the rental ships and their tech tree versions be lumped together? I really don't think they should be considered separate ships to have to "retrain" your commander. This is going to be frustrating for quite a lot of players who tried the rentals in Random Battles, grind up to the ship & buy it, only to finally learn that after all that time, they still have to retrain the captain to said ship.

Overall feedback: Mark the rental ships and their tech tree versions as interchangeable for Captains. (***Note: I'm not asking to make the rental ships "Premium" versions like with the Haifuri ships so as to be interchangeable with all commanders of the same nation***)

Edit: nevermind. Missed out on a piece of the PT notes :P

Edited by Personator

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Why would you want to play a rental Zao if you can play your own Zao? I believe the original was better, because it can use signal flags?

EDIT: You mean any captain should fit on it as long as it matches the nation. Sorry

Edited by joris92

Members
9,996 posts
34 minutes ago, Personator said:

With the upcoming rental ships for next patch, I'm excited to be able to play them in random battles as well to see how they fit. However...

8436fb6efb.png

Shouldn't the rental ships and their tech tree versions be lumped together? I really don't think they should be considered separate ships to have to "retrain" your commander. This is going to be frustrating for quite a lot of players who tried the rentals in Random Battles, grind up to the ship & buy it, only to finally learn that after all that time, they still have to retrain the captain to said ship.

Overall feedback: Mark the rental ships and their tech tree versions as interchangeable for Captains. (***Note: I'm not asking to make the rental ships "Premium" versions like with the Haifuri ships so as to be interchangeable with all commanders of the same nation***)

So basically, you have to have a premium trainer for that nation, since you can't play the rental in regular battles. And who would take a gimped captain into a clan battle? 

Not sure Wg really thought this out....:Smile_amazed:

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
5,491 posts
5,007 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So basically, you have to have a premium trainer for that nation, since you can't play the rental in regular battles. And who would take a gimped captain into a clan battle? 

Not sure Wg really thought this out....:Smile_amazed:

Woops. The battle button was highlighted for me for Random battles when i selected the rental Zao. That's why I thought I could take it into Randoms XD

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Personator said:

Woops. The battle button was highlighted for me for Random battles when i selected the rental Zao. That's why I thought I could take it into Randoms XD

Silly Personator, rentals are for CW! 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
59 minutes ago, Personator said:

Edit: nevermind.

This is why that dark kitty treats you so mean!

[RKLES]
Members
7,241 posts
9,040 battles

Do you have to leave a deposit when you rent a ship in case it gets sunk??? And as long as it's still Sea worthy when you bring it back can you still get at least part of the deposit back?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this