pmgaudio

Starting up the RN BB line likely at tier 4) WHAT SHOULD I KNOW

10 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

SO starting up the line.... been coming back to the game over the last couple months after time off.... and hear they might be good...so.. starting at tier 4, right before the much BROKEN MM in tier 5... what can I expect ...
Yeh I hear the HE at high tiers is insane, but as a BB player I never really relied on it unless a Freddy or BIZ was angled to me...or a NC....
I Like BBS .. but have mostly as of late been Cruiser freindly...
SO... thoughts.... advice.... hints....??
THanks...

Edited by pmgaudio

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,962 battles

Rotate AP and HE.   HE will be addicting.   :Smile_popcorn:

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

on a side note,,, the orion has what I think are the SLOWEST TURRETS EVER!!! holy CRAP...even for a BB they are painful... SEVENTY TWO SECONDS>>>>?????

Most BBs reload TWICE as faster than THat...

Edited by pmgaudio

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
28 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Yeh I hear the HE at high tiers is insane, but as a BB player I never really relied on it ...

Don't listen to 'them' = it's a BB, you should be firing AP all the time. ;)

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

got turrets to 56 seconds with capt skill...
It is not that bad a ship overall....

roo55GC.jpg

Spoiler

uYTdpGS.jpg

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles

I skipped Orion and started at Iron Duke, which was a blast. I'm at KG5 and decided to try out Orion since it was already in my port. It has to be the most fun BB I've played in ages. I use HE 90% of the time. The turrets are slow but with so many guns shelling out HE everything I aim at burns and sinks. 

So what you need to know (in my opinion) is that Orion to KG5 play very much the same (with exception of QE). Stay mid range, angled, use HE, absorb damage and then fall back. Use the RN BB's low detection range to it's advantage to repair and then get back in the fight and repeat. (survivability rate in my RN BBs is highest of any of my ships). *** Concealment skill is highly recommended

Queen Elizabeth was very disappointing at first. I was doing awful until I stopped playing her like Orion and Iron Duke and more like Bayer. Switched to mostly AP and this ship became awesome.

Enjoy before the big nerf comes this way

Edited by STINKWEED_

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
3 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

on a side note,,, the orion has what I think are the SLOWEST TURRETS EVER!!! holy CRAP...even for a BB they are painful... SEVENTY TWO SECONDS>>>>?????

Most BBs reload TWICE as faster than THat...

Slow turrets - but that HE alpha - yikes!

Prioritize the red BBs, and alternate the targets - keeping fires burning on as many as you can.  It doesn't hurt that many BB Skippers will DC a single fire, at this tier.

Load AP?  Why would one?  This ships strength is her HE - BB purism aside, theres really no need to switch shell types with this ship.  Cit'ing RN CAs at this tier (with HE) is hilarious.  The Orion absolutely farms Witherer/Arsonist flags.

I'm about to put a low skilled RN skipper aboard her, and alternate her with the Fujin as a loss-streak-buster.

JwdEjGD.jpg

I'm currently at the QE, and am enjoying it (except for the lack of speed) - and only shoot AP from her, as that is her strength.

Edited by ddoubletapp1