Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Not sure how you all feel but the stupid he spam has put me off using he for ever.

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Even if i need to use he in any ship in any situation i try not to use he at all.

The silly he spam and fires has put me off this ammo type for ever.

 

I just do not like it in any form now.

 

And the game engine forces you to use he heres a typical battle..........all battle using ap rounds = approx 40k damage

same battle using only he rounds=100+ damage.

 

Game engine is broken.

 

All bb he should be deleted apart from secondaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
Just now, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I've  shifted to playing more DDs and finally #gitgud with CVs.

 

Yes and then you play dds at tier 5 and get hit by radar every battle in smoke.

A tier 5 dd cant cope with this at tier 7 battles in any form.

 

Deleted dd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,322
[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
Just now, abyssofthetriffid said:

Well maybe they should fix the game?

 

What are you trying to accomplish by ignoring HE altogether? Do you think WG cares if one person boycotts HE? You're only hurting your performance and your team's performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

You're going to have a lot of trouble playing and being an effective member of your team if you completely disregard HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,134 battles
8 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Yes and then you play dds at tier 5 and get hit by radar every battle in smoke.

A tier 5 dd cant cope with this at tier 7 battles in any form.

 

Deleted dd.

Adapt. AP only is going to lead to some interesting cruiser and DD games. In a BB, I rarely need, and then even more rarely have time, to switch to HE. But with the exception of the RN BBs, HE is fine right now. But if you hate HE, then I know the line for you...

 

I highly doubt you're getting radared every time at T7, seeing as there's only 3 premium ships, one of which isn't sold anymore, that have it at T7. Hydro is a thing you know.

 

Also, for when you are in a T8 match, don't smoke up in range of a radar ship, I've had it happen about once a day this week (the guy to smoked up 8km from the MO in a edinburgh was the best). Consider this a PSA for all smoke ships. And most of the time I was spotted.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,134 battles
3 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Well maybe they should fix the game?

The game isn't broken. Only a few RN BBs probably need a nerf. Other than that, ammo type allows various classes to have a chance against one another.

 

If you think HE spam is the way to go, try playing an Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,417
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,067 posts
6,768 battles
36 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Even if i need to use he in any ship in any situation i try not to use he at all.

The silly he spam and fires has put me off this ammo type for ever.

 

I just do not like it in any form now.

 

And the game engine forces you to use he heres a typical battle..........all battle using ap rounds = approx 40k damage

same battle using only he rounds=100+ damage.

 

Game engine is broken.

 

All bb he should be deleted apart from secondaries.

QYJ4jye.gif

another Abyss thread, this is going to be fun:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

I've been using BB HE MORE, lately.  Mostly vs RN BB's- under the "how do YOU like it, butthead???" principle.   Sure, I could likely kill them faster with AP, but it FEELS better to make them suffer all the fires and module destructions they inflict on us.

  As an added bunus, the added fire damage is cool, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,089
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

Spec for fire reduction on your battleships? 

It really helps, I swear. At least, ships specced that way really annoy me when I'm in my Zao. 

 

Anyway, peace out, I'll fling some HE while thinking of you. 

tKKUfKI.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

QYJ4jye.gif

another Abyss thread, this is going to be fun:Smile_popcorn:

 

Just now, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I've been using BB HE MORE, lately.  Mostly vs RN BB's- under the "how do YOU like it, butthead???" principle.   Sure, I could likely kill them faster with AP, but it FEELS better to make them suffer all the fires and module destructions they inflict on us.

  As an added bunus, the added fire damage is cool, too.

 

All the fires are simply a tool to insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

Spec for fire reduction on your battleships? 

It really helps, I swear. At least, ships specced that way really annoy me when I'm in my Zao. 

 

Anyway, peace out, I'll fling some HE while thinking of you. 

tKKUfKI.gif

I have 3 fire upgrades and they hardly help any.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,672
[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles

Below average players saying the game needs to be fixed.  Priceless.

 

Why would you abandon an element of the game and make your performance even more below average?  Passive aggressive much?  Grow a brain and learn to adapt.

 

"I hate red traffic lights!  I only like the green ones!  Screw driving, I'm going to walk everywhere for the rest of my life until they fix these broken traffic lights!  Wahhhhh!"

Edited by VGLance
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles

Ah, another AbyssoftheNegative thread.

 

I actually use more HE from BBs these days, instead of blindly tossing AP everywhere.  There are definite advantages.  That's not to say I don't use AP, as I definitely do, when it's better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,417
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,067 posts
6,768 battles
4 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

 

 

All the fires are simply a tool to insanity.

read my sig, im already insane and i handle it very well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

I’ve totally ignored the RN line for the same reason, except the Orion, but I use AP on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

Whats pushing me off the server is taking 7-10k hits from my supposed prey from 10+ km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,716
Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
54 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

heres a typical battle..........all battle using ap rounds = approx 40k damage

same battle using only he rounds=100+ damage.

 

A typical battle for who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×