You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blagoveshchensk

UK cruisers

30 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles

When other CL are as squishy as they are?

That is their weakness. You have to be patient and catch them overshooting or leaving smoke. They die easily.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,364 battles
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

That is their weakness. You have to be patient and catch them overshooting or leaving smoke. They die easily.

Even in the smoke. I've sunk a fair number of them shooting where the tracers suggest they are and getting blind citadels. Spotter plane helps.

• Cool 1

[HCH]
Members
84 posts
7,975 battles
8 minutes ago, Khafni said:

You misunderstood me-I didn't ask for advice , I asked the question.

[HCH]
Members
84 posts
7,975 battles
16 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

"Never" that's the answer.

are you sure? for an example look on WoT as there "cut" tactical technical characteristics of tanks...... so don't exclaim "Up" having not yet make a jump.....

Members
644 posts
4,257 battles

For the 21,752nd time...just because you can't work around another ship's easily mitigated advantage, doesn't mean WG is going to remove it. 

Use Radar

Use Hydro

Fire torpedoes into smoke

Fire at the tracers in the smoke

British CL's are squishy as hell. I can citadel one with HE through the bow for Gord's sake. Also, they're testing changes to smoke in Public Test right now that increases detection when firing in smoke for CL's to something like 5.5km.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

are you sure? for an example look on WoT as there "cut" tactical technical characteristics of tanks...... so don't exclaim "Up" having not yet make a jump.....

The entire line was balanced around the smokescreen that they use. You can't simply take it away without massive repercussions.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
42 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

when with the british cruisers will remove the smoke ? tired of these prostitutes in "the fog" ......

I would suggest you try playing them 1st, then you would understand why they have the smoke. And BTW they do not get smoke tier 5 with the Emerald, and it needs it, the Emerald's citadel screams HERE I AM!!! 

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,486 battles
1 hour ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

when with the british cruisers will remove the smoke ? tired of these prostitutes in "the fog" ......

Smoke is here to stay, just like radar.  Learn to deal with it like the rest of us.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles

are you sure?

experience says reasonably so for the foreseeable future

for an example look on WoT as there "cut" tactical technical characteristics of tanks

for another example look how nothing in WoW works like anything in WoT

so don't exclaim "Up" having not yet make a jump.....

so don't smoke so much before you post and your alliterations will get better

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,306 posts
6,587 battles

Never. Why fix something that is not even broken?

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles

I gave you an answer,  "When other CL are as squishy as they are?" I provided a mitigation means as well because I thought you were having difficulty with them. If you weren't having difficulty then why post this?

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Thirty posts in and you attempt to stir up trouble? You probably are going to have a long, troubled life on the forum OP. 

• Cool 1

[HCH]
Members
84 posts
7,975 battles
25 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Thirty posts in and you attempt to stir up trouble? You probably are going to have a long, troubled life on the forum OP. 

I have come to play a game, but not to stick out at a forum, publishing any nonsenses. 
P.S. the quantity of my posts is not your business.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,011 battles
54 minutes ago, Umikami said:

so don't smoke so much before you post and your alliterations will get better

Don't blame the weed.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
4 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

I have come to play a game, but not to stick out at a forum, publishing any nonsenses. 

Your belligerent attitude certainly is.  Most players have learned to deal with UK cruisers just fine.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,537 posts
2,126 battles
13 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

Sure it is, we're the ones who have to read them.

The RN CLs are different, but balanced. They need that smoke, and I for one have no problems with them. Yeah the Belfast is OP, but other than that, they're fine. I've tried playing them on the PTS, and it's not easy by any means. The only one that might be able run without smoke is the Minotaur, and even then, radar Minotaur is only for the adventurous.

So RN smoke isn't going anywhere.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles
2 hours ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

Face palm.

Blag, you don't get to dictate the terms of discussion in a discussion thread.  That's not how things work.  If you don't want advice, just ignore it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,590 posts
8,995 battles
2 hours ago, Jiggiwatt said:

For the 21,752nd time...just because you can't work around another ship's easily mitigated advantage, doesn't mean WG is going to remove it. 

Use Radar

Use Hydro

Fire torpedoes into smoke

Fire at the tracers in the smoke

British CL's are squishy as hell. I can citadel one with HE through the bow for Gord's sake. Also, they're testing changes to smoke in Public Test right now that increases detection when firing in smoke for CL's to something like 5.5km.

5.9 Km but who's counting, the numbers are DD = 2.5, CL/CA 5.9, and BB 13.6. For safe unlikely to be detected firing out of or from behind smoke I feel that a DD will need to be about 5 Km from the enemy, CL/CA about 10 Km, and for BB's fagetaboutit or be behind an island.

2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Sure it is, we're the ones who have to read them.

The RN CLs are different, but balanced. They need that smoke, and I for one have no problems with them. Yeah the Belfast is OP, but other than that, they're fine. I've tried playing them on the PTS, and it's not easy by any means. The only one that might be able run without smoke is the Minotaur, and even then, radar Minotaur is only for the adventurous.

So RN smoke isn't going anywhere.

The Belfast like the Atlanta is only overpowered when people allow them to be. Both take damage if you look at them funny and if you actually hit them they melt.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
27 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Don't blame the weed.

I'm not, but honestly it's like throwing a towel over an already struggling light.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
49 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

The game you are playing now you most certainly will lose. Quantity? Not an issue. Now quality - that's everyone's business. Trust me now, I speak from experience. 

GL with your trolling ya. 

[HCH]
Members
84 posts
7,975 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The game you are playing now you most certainly will lose. Quantity? Not an issue. Now quality - that's everyone's business. Trust me now, I speak from experience. 

GL with your trolling ya. 

That is, you called me a Troll ? Strange somehow ..... I only have 30+ posts you have 7K + ...... well, who of us is more suited to the role of the Troll ? )) I doubt that your whole bunch of messages lays out something substantial ......

GL with YOUR trolling .......