You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Stuka bomber sound

20 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles

Stuka dive bombers will make their iconic wailing sound while dive bombing! (Presumably this will not be the case for the level dropping torpedo Stukas).

devs also state that custom sounds will now be possible for all CV aircraft in the game.

• Cool 2

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
175 posts
2,506 battles

This gives me hope that the DB will be back in some form. I dont really like the DW Torps. Could live with 2-1-2 I guess with Small circle HE DB. 

Still would prefer an all DB load out of 2-0-4 with 2 HE and 2DB squads.

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,093 battles

Ah the sweet sound never get tired of hearing Stuka's bombing things

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles

Was that siren on the Stuka Hitler's idea? I have read that it was but that my not be true.  Expert needed!

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Ah the sweet sound never get tired of hearing Stuka's bombing things

Well the poor Polish civilians clogging the roads attempting to get away from the Nazi Blitzkrieg in 1939 sure got tired of hearing it.

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Well the poor Polish civilians clogging the roads attempting to get away from the Nazi Blitzkrieg in 1939 sure got tired of hearing it.

WOWS is a video game, let's keep politics out of how we judge in game special effects, sound (explosions) or visual (ships sinking for example).

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles

A British artillery soldier serving in North Africa, said the Ju-87 siren had the opposite effect to that intended.

"You just ran a couple of meters away from your gun emplacement, and you were safe. They never missed."!

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

WOWS is a video game, let's keep politics out of how we judge in game special effects, sound (explosions) or visual (ships sinking for example).

I hardly feel this statement of mine rises to the level of an unacceptable political statement. You are entitled to your opinion of course. 

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,093 battles
22 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I see your point but it was merely a comment from watching the video and other video games nothing more.

regards  

[SALVO]
Members
17,086 posts
17,754 battles
2 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Nah, it's a computer game. 

And I don't see anything in what dmckay said that was political in any way.  I agree with not wanting politics in game discussions, but stop looking for politics in every shadow. Just mentioning Polish civilians, the Nazis, and early WW2 isn't necessarily a political statement.  And it sure wasn't in this instance.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Nah, it's a computer game. 

And I don't see anything in what dmckay said that was political in any way.  I agree with not wanting politics in game discussions, but stop looking for politics in every shadow. Just mentioning Polish civilians, the Nazis, and early WW2 isn't necessarily a political statement.  And it sure wasn't in this instance.

I think you mentioned the word politics four times here ;) :Smile_medal: (I am of course sure Dmckay is well meaning, but it is his comment that politicizes the stuka siren sound, not mine.) I merely ask that we keep this topic on topic, rather than have yet another GZ thread derailed..

So back to the subject at hand, what do you think of having custom sounds for CV bombers in this video/computer game?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

Well, luckily for me, I rarely run into Polish civilian refugees in World of Warships; even if I sink a Blys, so how about no issue?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,086 posts
17,754 battles
50 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I think you mentioned the word politics four times here ;) :Smile_medal: (I am of course sure Dmckay is well meaning, but it is his comment that politicizes the stuka siren sound, not mine.) I merely ask that we keep this topic on topic, rather than have yet another GZ thread derailed..

So back to the subject at hand, what do you think of having custom sounds for CV bombers in this video/computer game?

You're wrong to claim that his comment politicizes the stuka sound.  Dead wrong.  End of story.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

But, ... what do you think of having custom sounds for CV bombers in this video/computer game?

[SALVO]
Members
17,086 posts
17,754 battles
1 minute ago, nuttybiscuit said:

But, ... what do you think of having custom sounds for CV bombers in this video/computer game?

I only responded in this thread to defend dmckay's NON-POLITICAL post from claims that it was political.  And because that was my only intention, I will leave it there.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,821 posts
7,100 battles

You offer a person a choice between a spade and a ladder, they choose the spade and dig their own hole deeper..

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

what do you think of having custom sounds for CV bombers in this video/computer game?

I think it is an issue for the Mods guys rather than for WoW itself; I would be surprised if Aslains or some other known mod writer hasn't already started working on one. But as far as having WoW do it, I'd rather see it done quick; I'd rather see it done right, and I would rather see WoW working on fixes only they can fix. Someone mentioned CV's are overdue for some UI love; maybe they could start there. Let the Mod guys do what they do, so WoW can do what it needs to.

Members
64 posts

Hi,

I personally like that fact that they added the Stuka's sound effect. If you want to be hyper-political, why should we play any Axis ships at all. The Axis forces did horrible atrocities in the war and why play any of their ships. How many Axis ships sunk civilian transports/merchant marine ships and left civilians/sailors to die in the ocean. However, this is a game and I appreciate little touches like adding the Jericho Trumpet, which I and others recommended. Again, someone can make an argument that it was device to impose terror (true), but so was the entire war....it was one big evil and terrible affair that killed 100 million people. We have the luxury of playing "what if" battles with historic warships...why not add some fine touches to the game. In the end, it does not undercut or lesson the appreciation or the great sacrifices that people made for their countries. 

Have a great day everyone.

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
On 10/6/2017 at 0:31 PM, Crucis said:

I only responded in this thread to defend dmckay's NON-POLITICAL post from claims that it was political.  And because that was my only intention, I will leave it there.

I did not mean it to be political in any way and I do appreciate your defense.  It's no big deal. Nutty saw it that way but he did come back and clarify. He's cool with me.  Tks again and carry on Crucis.:Smile_honoring:  I do see how some may see a political motive behind what I said but, again, I did not intend that. 

The Stuka was cool IF it had the freedom to do it's thing (with fighter protection) but in the Battle of Britain the Brit fighters handed the Stuka's their azz. It was so bad they had to withdraw them from the fight. It did better out in Russia. I built one as a kid in the fifties and it still sits on a mantel in my bedroom.  I feel, all around, the U.S. Dauntless was better. Matter of opinion however but it was one tough plane.