You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

How is WoWs better since 9/17/15

45 comments in this topic

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Or how has it changed?

Alphas/Betas speak up?

Since inception if any old crusty bread will speak up. 

Been here since mid beta wondering what you guys are feeling, new and old.

Don't ban me bro.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I think the game by and large has improved. Lots of ships to play, new game modes and events, and clanbattles are on the way.

How are you doing by the way? Nice to see you back on the forums.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

Off the top of my head?

-Armor viewer

-New ships

-Detailed ribbons

-Better UI

-Daily Containers

-Operations

-Elite Captain XP

-Visual improvements

I'm sure others can think of more. 

• Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

We have pve operations and a Pennsylvania class BB (Arizona) in the game now. The game has been highly improved because of those things. =w=

[MWM]
Supertester
1,794 posts
5,025 battles

this is a drastically different game compared to even open beta.  I think its just fine right now honestly.

its not near the dumpster fire that world of tanks is nor that abomination of a "plane" game that wowp is.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
8 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Off the top of my head?

-Armor viewer

-New ships

-Detailed ribbons

-Better UI

-Daily Containers

-Operations

-Elite Captain XP

-Visual improvements

So...

I see ur point.

Its all superficial, or thats my point. Is game play better now than 2 years ago. How has WG improved what was there in 2015 to now, don't get me wrong. The game looks spectacular. Love it.

The armor viewer was a huge deal. 

14 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I think the game by and large has improved. Lots of ships to play, new game modes and events, and clanbattles are on the way.

How are you doing by the way? Nice to see you back on the forums.

Doom like you, I love WoWs. Why I'm an [edited] on here.  Why I continue to come back.

And I agree, I hate how DDs are diminished(my deal), but I still find joy in the game.

It's still fun, load up shoot at people's and talk a lil crap ;)

6 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

We have pve operations and a Pennsylvania class BB (Arizona) in the game now. The game has been highly improved because of those things. =w=

Kitsune, glad ur well.

My Zona is my favorite BB.

Just like you

[FML]
Members
1,748 posts
10,116 battles

Many more ship lines, even entire countries, have been added. 

Some broken gameplay mechanics have been fixed (like Open Water Stealth Fire) and others remain to

be fixed (Carrier gameplay and rewards in general). 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
2 minutes ago, Skraeling said:

this is a drastically different game compared to even open beta.  I think its just fine right now honestly.

its not near the dumpster fire that world of tanks is nor that abomination of a "plane" game that wowp is.

I don't think it's "fine".

But...

It's not my game.

Everyone wants it to be one way or the other, it simply is whatever WG makes it.

Up to them whether I play my fave Botes game or go somewhere else.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Many more ship lines, even entire countries, have been added. 

Some broken gameplay mechanics have been fixed (like Open Water Stealth Fire) and others remain to

be fixed (Carrier gameplay and rewards in general). 

Do you think Open Water Stealth Fire broke the game, I personally don't. If anything I found it as a unique skill.

For DDs to do damage.

It's gone.

CVs get addressed, well covered.

By all

Edited by atPrick__

[SYN]
Members
14,444 posts
10,425 battles
17 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

Pretty much everything changed (mostly improved) except for CV related stuffs which still sits in the CBT phase.

It's not like WG didn't touch CVs at all.

• You cannot double CV div
  • CVs are mirrored
  • USN CVs no longer have 2x 6 torp bomber squadrons
  • AA was reworked
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,748 posts
10,116 battles
4 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Do you think Open Water Stealth Fire broke the game, I personally don't. If anything I found it as a unique skill.

For DDs to do damage.

It's gone.

Hi.  I said that OWSF was a broken mechanic.  I did not say that it broke the game. 

I think WG did the right thing by removing it, given it was a broken mechanic. Sure, due to the change some ships, like the Blys, damaged their playstyle.  It also affected certain cruisers, like the Zao.  And that should be avoided when possible.  However, DDs continue to do damage after the change - to pretend otherwise is counterproductive and not constructive.  Still, the ultimate imperative is that all ships of all lines are competitively balanced - following the change, some DDs (in particular) were buffed, and perhaps others should be. 

But more damaging than removing OWSF, was nerfing IJN DDs into the ground by making their torpedoes too easily detected.  I look forward to when that is reduced, even though I'll be eating a lot more torps in the face as a result.  

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,741 posts
3,228 battles
4 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Or how has it changed?

Alphas/Betas speak up?

Since inception if any old crusty bread will speak up. 

Been here since mid beta wondering what you guys are feeling, new and old.

Don't ban me bro.

The game as it is, IMO is quite enjoyable to play. However, I am sad at the removal of things like Kinetic Damage which was a thing back in the CBT (Should've been made so that only Cruisers can use and the new fire-mechanics given to DDs.), because with it's removal we had the advent of the Apocalypse of Fires. Now the fires have been toned ever so slightly since then, but meh, they're still a rather large pain in the [edited]. The original description for HE in this game was that it was to be used on CVs and DDs, and to knock out AAA and AA on ships like Cruisers and Battleships, but AP was the preferred choice of ammo.

I for one see the game as a system that has gone away from the original Rock/Paper/Scissors concept, where Cruisers were used to defend against CVs and DDs, DDs were used to sink Battleships and CVs, and Battleships and CVs literally sunk every other class but had major limitations such as speed, reload and accuracy. (Carriers had mobility and concealment issues.) Destroyers were the literal hard counter to BBs, and I'd like to see them return to that. Not this mess of a balancing situation that we are in now where Cruisers are both a hard counter to BBs and DDs, and CVs, and BBs are a hard counter to BBs, DDs, CA/CL and CVs, and CVs only really counter DDs (Except in the hands of skilled players) while DDs barely counter anything anymore. With IJN DDs neutered, USN DDs being better torp boats than the supposed torp boats in the game, the Germans are better torp boats than the supposed torp boats in the game and the Russians took over the role of the USN DDs, which is an anti-DD role.

Overall, I am happy to have new lines, as well as new Battleship lines, but most importantly, new DD lines. (I've played 3/4 lines, with the USN DDs remaining unplayed since the CBT on my part. I just don't like USN DDs apart from the Benson and Fletcher classes.)

However, the game requires more stuff to be added mechanics wise, it's too... dumbed down as many have complained about. But this is my honest opinion. Always happy for the new content though, just don't want the game-play to suffer anymore.

~Hunter

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles

Update since launch:

- Better UI

- Inventories are more systematic as they moved into menu bar & can sell for credits

- Consumables can be purchased with credits than just dubloons

- Commander skills updated & better than before

- Can redistribute skills points with XP, yet takes a long way grinding

- Daily containers reward

- Inclusion of campaigns & events

- More ships coming up for USSR, Germany, UK, France & Italy

- Reorganizing existing tech tree nations for US, Japan & USSR

- Introduction of Pan-Asia, Commonwealth & maybe European Union in future consist of minor European navies like Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Sweden etc. (Not sure if the French Union is a thing)

- Introduction of armor schematics viewer

- For DD case, soon all nations will overlap each other. Cause US, Japan, USSR, UK, France & Italy will be getting an extra sub-lines.

- New maps

- New game modes

- Have strong potential to become an esport game as the result of team battles.

[OPG]
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

High tier cruisers are becoming exponentially more powerful with each new line introduced. We have a bb putting out haku level damage and is considered super op even though no one remembers haku is still a far better ship. Kebab has also been nerfed.

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

It has become a high detail graphic arcade shooter. They have dropped the commercials on TV were they lure you in on Historic realism and heading for the cartoon. Most of the people drawn in by that advertisement are long gone. Not a criticism just an observation. I still play from time to time to kill time but that immersion feeling is gone. It is what it is.

[USCC2]
Members
3,553 posts
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi.  I said that OWSF was a broken mechanic.  I did not say that it broke the game. 

I think WG did the right thing by removing it, given it was a broken mechanic. Sure, due to the change some ships, like the Blys, damaged their playstyle.  It also affected certain cruisers, like the Zao.  And that should be avoided when possible.  However, DDs continue to do damage after the change - to pretend otherwise is counterproductive and not constructive.  Still, the ultimate imperative is that all ships of all lines are competitively balanced - following the change, some DDs (in particular) were buffed, and perhaps others should be. 

But more damaging than removing OWSF, was nerfing IJN DDs into the ground by making their torpedoes too easily detected.  I look forward to when that is reduced, even though I'll be eating a lot more torps in the face as a result.  

Not very constructive saying DDs still do damage either - take a look at the survival and damage rates for DDs. In most cases Tier V-X they are at the bottom of every tier.

The removal of OWSF was terrible - not because they removed the ability to OWSF, but because of what they replaced it with; the new bloom effect. That messed with all DDs not just the OWSF ones.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Tier 5 in dd and radar the game is all over and finished as fun.

Tier 7 in dd and radar from all the tier 9 ships the game here is all over as fun.

Killed in spawn from a bb across the map due to bad map design is always fun.

20 minutes to spawn into battle is also really fun.

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

In terms of fluff I feel the game has improved (UI, GFX, reward system, Scenarios, missions etc etc) 

In terms of gameplay I feel the game has worsened. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Economic changes have been the biggest improvement for me. Love that it's irrelevant how much damage you take or if you sink when it comes to paying operation costs. Means I can be more aggressive and not feel punished by the game for it. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Overall it's better. That statement covers everything in game as a whole though.

WG has made some really poor decisions concerning balance within the game, heavy handed nerfs, poor implementation of changes, blatant cash grabs, etc.. Many more can be listed than what I've said, and those above me.

IMO, i think the majority of the problems that we have stems from benefitting BBs. Many changes have been made to benefit them solely at the expense of Cruisers, DDs, and CVs. I'm saying this without any Shiptypeism in my mind, but I think it's time to call a Spade, a Spade.

As a businessman myself, I understand the need to push your more popular products, but you shouldn't disregard your other products in lieu of them.

Basically, I believe WG has been trying to grow this thing too quickly. They've gone after the quick dollar instead of the long term (and more healthy) gains.

If they focused on balance between "all" the ship types, everyone would be a lot happier. They have lost their way with the rock-paper-scissors balancing methods that they started with. We haven't seen that in a "very" long time.

Player retention issues have plagued this game for a very long time, and IMO this game wouldn't have those issues if they would've stuck with that philosophy.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
8 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Off the top of my head?

-Armor viewer

-New ships

-Detailed ribbons

-Better UI

-Daily Containers

-Operations

-Elite Captain XP

-Visual improvements

+1 my man, as that pretty much summed up what I had in my own head.

Beta Testers
393 posts
6,468 battles

Lots of general improvements to the overall game but i personally feel balance between classes and BB population are a little out of whack.

CV's are still a hot mess.

Its still a fun game but personally have begun to kinda lose interest and more importantly I've lost a bit faith in the people steering this ship.