You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Fish in a Barrel

15 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
261 posts
6,860 battles

Played this match today. I have heard of lemming to 1 side, but... :cap_wander:

fish in a barrel.jpg

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,953 battles

This is why I tell people c is a bad play on this map. It should always be a/b no matter what side you are on. 

Im looking at you adidas. 

• Cool 3

Members
440 posts
12,808 battles

I think just being on the north team on this map is bad. I've never seen them win A unless the south team avoided it completely, and if they go for C, this often happens.

Members
691 posts
4,399 battles

If the team pushes B that works more than you would think because the islands take the flanking enemies out of the equation for a while (and when they do show up they tend to come in individually vs. your entire team) and then weight of numbers lets you secure B and wipe out most of the enemies stuck defending it. 

The trouble of course is that teams in this situation almost never push B. They just mill around at C and get surrounded. 

[-AGW-]
Members
668 posts
9,523 battles

It can work. I have seen it. But they better all be going in the same direction.

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
7,030 battles
4 hours ago, Pulicat said:

This is why I tell people c is a bad play on this map. It should always be a/b no matter what side you are on. 

Im looking at you adidas. 

*Upvote*

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
14 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

AKA as The Fishball Defense:

Spoiler

Fishball.jpg.a1c6da51632c11357ea9574758ead7ac.jpg

I get a kick out of this image every time you post it - it is very apropos, as my team in far too many battles of late has been the one deciding to suddenly cluster for no reason after abandoning our inevitable AFK ships.

I could maybe see some point behind camping a cap early in a Domination mode match, even though doing that almost never works out well, but to be forming a fishball in a Standard Battle..... just WHY?!

Needless to say I haven't played in a few days, and extending the duration of my hiatus from game is becoming easier every time I do that.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
7 minutes ago, Soylent_Red_Isnt_People said:

I get a kick out of this image every time you post it - it is very apropos, as my team in far too many battles of late has been the one deciding to suddenly cluster for no reason after abandoning our inevitable AFK ships.

I could maybe see some point behind camping a cap early in a Domination mode match, even though doing that almost never works out well, but to be forming a fishball in a Standard Battle..... just WHY?!

Needless to say I haven't played in a few days, and extending the duration of my hiatus from game is becoming easier every time I do that.

I've actually seen it work although not too often. The trick is to make like you are a bunch of tremulous newbs haplessly circling the wagons, and then spring the trap when they they charge in for the bait applying effective focus-fire to decimate the other team piecemeal and then head out to finally take those other caps. :-)

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

The only thing that I hate more than that is when the team goes for the northern cap in Okinawa. I've never seen the team with that cap win.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,187 battles

There's nothing wrong with team going to one side. However, they have to keep pushing together. Not go to 1 place and all ball up for no reason. "Fish" is definitely a good word for the phenomenon because everyone involved is just scared like a fish in a shoal. Everyone's trying to get into the center of the ball, and it's just a clusterfuck.

Members
1,869 posts
9,000 battles
58 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I've actually seen it work although not too often. The trick is to make like you are a bunch of tremulous newbs haplessly circling the wagons, and then spring the trap when they they charge in for the bait applying effective focus-fire to decimate the other team piecemeal and then head out to finally take those other caps. :-)

It works if you immediately head to B but most teams will camp and even drop smoke like they are going to win if they can just hang on to C.