Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SilverNova115

Do people really think the Conqueror is ok?

133 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

17
[-SV-]
Members
18 posts
3,488 battles

The conquerors avg damage output currently is 20K higher than the other three tier 10 BBs. do people actually think its balanced how it is....really? since it has an incredible heal, it shouldve had a citadel more vulnerable than what it is now. its discouraging to fight against one.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,925 posts
2,492 battles

It's mostly from fire damage, which is repairable.

 

Citadel damage from other battleships on the other hand...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[-SV-]
Members
18 posts
3,488 battles
1 minute ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

It's mostly from fire damage, which is repairable.

 

Citadel damage from other battleships on the other hand...

how can you repair it when in 30 seconds youre lit up again?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Haven’t had any overall difficulty dealing with the conquerors I’ve faced so far. I will admit that heal is impressive. Actually would like to see that heal become the standard heal for any ships with a heal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,057 battles

Part of the issue is that it has the smallest visibility value in it's tier. Add those 12 x 16" guns and you can whack a CA. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,437 battles
5 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Haven’t had any overall difficulty dealing with the conquerors I’ve faced so far. I will admit that heal is impressive. Actually would like to see that heal become the standard heal for any ships with a heal. 

Make t5 even more fun ? not.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

Seraphil-san, If I may ask? what is it you mean "You can use a Demon...If you listen to the story you may be Demon? if you read Kana "あくまで いいよ … はなし お きいてくれるなら 、 あくまでも いい !"

Interesting saying. Believe Chinese originally. 

On your tag the old Japanese writing. 

Edited by MzFortune
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

I quite enjoy all British BBs except for Monarch. Conqueror is a fine ship and I would not be surprised if they adjust a few things on it down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

maybe the chance to start a fire on most British BBs is about 5% too high compared to other BBs but thats all.

Its takes tons of AP damage, on the other side it can heal back all the firedamage.

It has great concealment but can be focussed down quickly if it catched in a bad position.

1/4 or 1/6 pen i dont care about. Take it away or leave it. 69mm is enough to pen everything except turrent or belt and against broadside targets you should always use AP.

 

Edited by Tiracel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
476
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,157 posts
3,665 battles
44 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

It's mostly from fire damage, which is repairable.

 

Citadel damage from other battleships on the other hand...

41 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Damage is not the only stat to consider when balancing ships.

 

were done here folks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
130 posts
7,060 battles
4 minutes ago, Tiracel said:

maybe the chance to start a fire on most British BBs is about 5% too high compared to other BBs but thats all.

Its takes tons of AP damage, on the other side it can heal back all the firedamage.

It has great concealment but can be focussed down quickly if it catched in a bad position.

1/4 or 1/6 pen i dont care about. Take it away or leave it. 69mm is enough to pen everything except turrent or belt and against broadside targets you should always use AP.

 

The problem with Conq HE isn't the fire chance, it's the splash.

One salvo from conq will strip montana of it's AA or a kurfurst of it's secondaries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles

The problem with the Conk is the insane number of threads on it started by people who didnt consult previous threads

 

The Conk is fine, very well balanced as its slumping solo win rates show. The ship is merely average and its huge damage output doesnt translate into Ws. Happy to see Conks on Red.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The Conk is fine, very well balanced as its slumping solo win rates show. The ship is merely average and its huge damage output doesnt translate into Ws. Happy to see Conks on Red.

Yet, it has the highest win rate of all T10 BBs.... and the highest XP too btw

Edited by PicknChew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles

Its Solo win rate is third on three servers and falling. It cant carry. Divving by experienced players is inflating its overall win rate

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Conq isn't breaking the WR meter. It is, however, doing everything wrong in terms of improving gameplay.

Because the game really needed a battleship designed to sit back while its team tanks for it, be invisible so it can ambush cruisers, and repair so much it's practically immune to fire. The fact that people take all those things plus the huge HE pen as a crutch to sit in the back and put out damage that annoys everyone but fails to impact the match should surprise no one.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles
9 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Conq isn't breaking the WR meter. It is, however, doing everything wrong in terms of improving gameplay.

Because the game really needed a battleship designed to sit back while its team tanks for it, be invisible so it can ambush cruisers, and repair so much it's practically immune to fire. The fact that people take all those things plus the huge HE pen as a crutch to sit in the back and put out damage that annoys everyone but fails to impact the match should surprise no one.

Yes, when Flamu called it Megazao he was righter than he knew....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,398 battles
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The problem with the Conk is the insane number of threads on it started by people who didnt consult previous threads

 

The Conk is fine, very well balanced as its slumping solo win rates show. The ship is merely average and its huge damage output doesnt translate into Ws. Happy to see Conks on Red.

Very possible it's due simply to the fact that Youtubers have mentioned and taken it as an OP ship. In combination with the fact that one of its strengths is stealth, making it such that using it to its full potential makes it vulnerable to focus fire, people aware of it can combat the survivability aspect of the ship's overpoweredness easily. This forces CQ players to have to snipe (where their gunnery allows them to do the damage part of their job), but prevents them from tanking/taking damage, the other main part of the ship's job.

12 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

Yet, it has the highest win rate of all T10 BBs.... and the highest XP too btw

As Taichunger said/implied, winrate drops off over time.

9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Its Solo win rate is third on three servers and falling. It cant carry. Divving by experienced players is inflating its overall win rate

 

Divisoning by experienced players helps all T10 BBs. If it has the highest damage by far, if it was balanced, it should have the lowest winrate by far as well, in theory, if that damage is all "useless damage".

11 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Conq isn't breaking the WR meter. It is, however, doing everything wrong in terms of improving gameplay.

Because the game really needed a battleship designed to sit back while its team tanks for it, be invisible so it can ambush cruisers, and repair so much it's practically immune to fire. The fact that people take all those things plus the huge HE pen as a crutch to sit in the back and put out damage that annoys everyone but fails to impact the match should surprise no one.

True enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
2 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

As Taichunger said/implied, winrate drops off over time.

WR does drop off over time, but it is going to need a serious drop to be average. Also, the high XP is likely due to damage on other classes, and I don't think that will drop off by much. I think the problem with that BB is exactly that. Cruisers mostly but also DDs cannot counter that damage. Cruisers cannot really do anything since angling doesn't really work, and DDs cannot really sustain the raw damage or the multiple fires.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
31 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Conq isn't breaking the WR meter. It is, however, doing everything wrong in terms of improving gameplay.

Because the game really needed a battleship designed to sit back while its team tanks for it, be invisible so it can ambush cruisers, and repair so much it's practically immune to fire. The fact that people take all those things plus the huge HE pen as a crutch to sit in the back and put out damage that annoys everyone but fails to impact the match should surprise no one.

This guy gets it!! Plus one!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles
28 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

WR does drop off over time, but it is going to need a serious drop to be average. Also, the high XP is likely due to damage on other classes, and I don't think that will drop off by much. I think the problem with that BB is exactly that. Cruisers mostly but also DDs cannot counter that damage. Cruisers cannot really do anything since angling doesn't really work, and DDs cannot really sustain the raw damage or the multiple fires.

 

 

Pick. Look at solo win rate for Conk. In overall she is below Gk and Yammy. 

 

Conk is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,867
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,228 posts
14,647 battles
2 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

It's mostly from fire damage, which is repairable.

 

Citadel damage from other battleships on the other hand...

 

I want to toss this screenshot in from a match I had earlier today while using "Battleship" Hindenburg at Tier X.

YSSqGyC.jpg

 

That was a long range AP salvo from Montana, very early in the match.

 

It smashed my ship from one salvo, 6 AP shells hitting at long range (20km+), inflicting 47665 points of damage.  IN ONE SALVO.  CITADEL STRIKES.

 

Hindenburg only has 51900 HP.  The Montana, maybe with one more shell hitting, could have deleted me from FULL HP to ZERO HP.  He was d@mn close.

 

But my Hindenburg survived.  I had a few thousand HP left but I could not repair back that damage.  Citadel damage?  F--k no, you're not getting much back at all.  I survived, went into hiding, repaired damage.  I only gained back a little HP and was forced to play ultra conservatively as a scratch from a BB would end me.  That salvo impacted me for the rest of my time, despite surviving it.

 

HE damage, Fires?  LOL, shoot at me with HE all you want!  PLEASE!!!!  I rather BBs shoot at me with HE than AP shells.  HE shells, even the shells with built-in HE Pen Buffs (German Cruisers & RN BBs) do not do MEGA SALVOS OF DOOM.  They do DPM.  But it's not necessarily that world ending salvo to put someone down, INSTANTLY.

 

AP is still the gold standard round for Battleships.  I don't understand why people think all the sudden BB AP is obsolete.  Those players are idiots.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×