You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Uninvited People Joining Division?

30 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,621 posts
9,014 battles

I have run into this twice now. We are in a two ship division and we suddenly have a third player who we did not invite. How is this happening?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,355 battles

Did you click on the lock before you hit play for battle?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,841 posts
11,537 battles

For some strange reason the open division is standard. You have to lock it to prevent others from joining and I don't think you can kick someone out. I had to leave my own division and reform it a few times before realizing I could lock it. What kinda person joins a strangers division without asking/being invited...

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,825 battles

they doing the event, 5 wins random battle in division.

If you just brush it off and play the game, you can always kick the uninvited person before next game anyway

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,661 posts
25,715 battles

The event requires to be in a division. You can attach yourself to an open (unlocked) division or start your own if the max has not been reached. Ignore them. No harm done.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I do that all the time these days.  Hey..  Free stuff

I was in a Des Moines and I div'd up with a Kutuzov and Mogami at match set-up.  Yellow chatted them saying it's just for stuff.

We won big and I got auto-kicked off when the match ended.

If the divs are full, I start one and go down the list until someone accepts

OH !!!   And By the Way !!!    A Division of ONE does NOT count...  Gotta get someone to join.

Edited by AVR_Project

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,469 battles
59 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

For some strange reason the open division is standard. You have to lock it to prevent others from joining and I don't think you can kick someone out. I had to leave my own division and reform it a few times before realizing I could lock it. What kinda person joins a strangers division without asking/being invited...

those who don't know that they can still be in a single person division to win the free stuff.

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
2 minutes ago, Wuuthrad_2 said:

I believe AVR is right. A single person division does not count. 

Already been other threads that single ship division works fine.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,621 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Which is wrong, both of us had picked a ship that neither of us had played for quite awhile.The "accept division invites" box shouldn't allow people to simply invade a division because someone didn't uncheck a box that implies something very different. I know this is from the on the fly divisions which are not created until you are in the match but BULL EXCREMENT!

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,825 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Which is wrong

just make sure you lock your division before starting the game, click on the locked lock icon, very simple, only need to do once

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,621 posts
9,014 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

just make sure you lock your division before starting the game, click on the locked lock icon, very simple, only need to do once

Ok, where is this box? The only one I know of is the one that you see on the loading screen.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,621 posts
9,014 battles

Ok, where is this box? The only one I know of is the one that you see on the loading screen.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,825 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The only one I know of is the one that you see on the loading screen

is this the screen that just counting down before game start?

If so, press and hold Tab, then click on the Division Tab, and you will see your division, and click on the lock. Only need to do once

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,621 posts
9,014 battles
14 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

is this the screen that just counting down before game start?

If so, press and hold Tab, then click on the Division Tab, and you will see your division, and click on the lock. Only need to do once

Yeah, that is what I am talking about but that is not always up long enough to uncheck that box.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,825 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, that is what I am talking about but that is not always up long enough to uncheck that box.

lol,

then wait until the game start, do it again. You can still lock it during the game, make sure you do it right at the beginning. You can also kick ppl out of division as well, but normally just let that person in the division for 1 game, you can kick after game finish

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,621 posts
9,014 battles

lol,

then wait until the game start, do it again. You can still lock it during the game, make sure you do it right at the beginning. You can also kick ppl out of division as well, but normally just let that person in the division for 1 game, you can kick after game finish

I wasn't the division leader and we had the interloper almost as soon as we loaded in. This needs to be fixed.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,825 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This needs to be fixed

we all heard you :cap_like:

stick to the plan

[FML]
Members
1,758 posts
10,132 battles

The lock button is available for the div commander. In port, it will have the small window that shows whether the div me

bers are ready, what ships they have etc. look for the open padlock at the top left of the heading of that table. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,841 posts
11,537 battles
8 hours ago, Wuuthrad_2 said:

I believe AVR is right. A single person division does not count. 

They do work. That's what I was doing for the mission.

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,375 battles

I've done all my missions so far in a single person division that I created.  I did have a guy hop in at the beginning of one game because I didn't have it locked.  He asked if it was ok that he was there due to the missions.  I just said it was fine.  He turned out to be the best player on our team and won us the game in the end.  The lock button isn't obvious unless you are specifically looking for it.  It looks like its part of the header at the top of the division window.  Just click on it and you will toggle the lock from off to on and/or on to off.

Members
160 posts
3,009 battles

Had someone jump into our division last night, stayed for a couple of battles, turned out to be a rather good player.  But even if he wasn't I understand since people are working on completing the missions right now.  For me, I don't see it as a problem unless I'm expecting/inviting someone else to join the division. 

I also didn't know you could lock these divisions, good to know.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles

So can you default lock it? I haven't looked into it much, but was getting annoyed at people getting into my divs. I see it is lockable in game, but can I have it set to locked by default? 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles
12 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

they doing the event, 5 wins random battle in division.

If you just brush it off and play the game, you can always kick the uninvited person before next game anyway

This^