You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZARDOZ_II

Ridding myself of the "Gaming Center"

9 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles

Is there a way I can rid myself of this "Gaming Center"?  I foolishly accepted an invite to beta the "Arena" game.  It installed the "Gaming Center" and that has boinked up my install.  Now I cannot launch WoWS at all.  And I don't want some application "running in the background".  I've tried to eliminate as many of those that I can to keep games playing smoothly.  But the "Gaming Center" says it's going to do that.  I DO NOT WANT this on my PC.  

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles

I don't want to install it, I want to nuke it out of existence on my PC.  Uninstalled it, but now I cannot launch WoWS.  If Wargaming wants a program to "run in the background", they should install it on their system, NOT mine.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Kill the program from running and start the game via .exe.

Or, how about look at the links to what i sent you. There is a link to a 5 page thread talking about this stuff.

You delete the new laucher and install  the old one that doesn't run in the background. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,979 battles

Locate the WoWS .exe file in the game folder.  Create a shortcut on your desktop.  Launch the game from there.  You'll still be required to install and/or update using the game center.  It's all good now.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,327 posts
3,591 battles

I know it sucks I am going to list out the steps I did it on windows 10 follow all the steps in order and yes it is possible to get world of tanks if you want it as well just ask

1. Uninstall each game from the wargaming center itself
  2. open task manager
  3. end all processes for the wargaming center in the task manager
  4. hit uninstall on the wargaming center make sure only the uninstall process is running
  5. go to https://web.archive.org/web/20160320215536/http://worldofwarships.com:80/
  6. click game it should take you to this https://web.archive.org/web/20160323081004/http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/
  7. hit download let the page load for a few seconds and then it will let you download the game install file
  8. hit save file and then redownload the client from there
  9. your welcome
    2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Is there a way I can rid myself of this "Gaming Center"?  I foolishly accepted an invite to beta the "Arena" game.  It installed the "Gaming Center" and that has boinked up my install.  Now I cannot launch WoWS at all.  And I don't want some application "running in the background".  I've tried to eliminate as many of those that I can to keep games playing smoothly.  But the "Gaming Center" says it's going to do that.  I DO NOT WANT this on my PC.  

[HEROS]
Members
1,428 posts
12,017 battles

the "gaming Center acts like a TSR and can be found in your system tray.. right click on it's icon and select exit.  All process's from the launcher are then dumped from memory.  If the all in one launcher is causing problems it's something else with your machine..(possibly a win-10 issue)  I run Win 7 ultimate 64 and don't have any problems with the launcher its self.

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,822 battles

If you can find a copy of the old installer, then you should be able to uninstall everything - all the games associated with the Wargaming Gaming Center - WOT, WOWS, WOWP, Arena.     Just make sure to save any of your replays or screenshots, because they get nuked during the uninstall.

Landedkiller posted a link to get the old WOWS installer - save it keep it archive it burn it to a DVD somewhere - it's a godsend.

After everything is uninstalled, you can reinstall WOT and WOWS using the current (WOT only) or old (WOWS) installers.   You can't play WOWP without using the new installer.

I've had to redo clean installs of Windows 10  on several computers, and it's nice being able to use the old WOWS installers to install the game.

Edited by wtfovr
  • Cool 1