You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
toosonmike

Got My 3 CW Rentals...

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles

Play one random or clan battle on the PTS and when CW's start they put a shimikaze, zao, and GK with 15 pt. captains in your account. Iv'e only seen one battle where someone popped smoke, but they too far away to see the difference in the new mechanics. Going to try the Halloween op later..looks like fun!

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

that's exactly what Clans need...tier ten ships for EVERYONE.... especially the ones who have not gotten to tier 8 yet... let alone ten...
Not to sound like a jerk but this has BAD IDEA written all over it

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

that's exactly what Clans need...tier ten ships for EVERYONE.... especially the ones who have not gotten to tier 8 yet... let alone ten...

Um, don't you have to play at least one Tier VIII battle to even unlock the rentals?

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
7 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Just so you know, you do sound like a jerk.  With all due respect, of course...

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
1 minute ago, comtedumas said:

Just so you know, you do sound like a jerk.  With all due respect, of course...

so participation trophies for inexperienced players that will lead to multiple threads about poor players in tier ten ships.....
Yeah ...... I sound like a jerk....

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

so participation trophies for inexperienced players that will lead to multiple threads about poor players in tie ten ships.....
Yeah  I sound like a jerk....

So, we have people complaining already about inexperienced players in tier ten ships so how will it be any fracking different now?  

And yes, you sound like a jerk.  

Edited by comtedumas

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
8 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Um, don't you have to play at least one Tier VIII battle to even unlock the rentals?

I prolly missed that in the notes, but  I have been in and out of the WOW news page for a few weeks....
But I still feel like it might end up a bad idea

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

so participation trophies for inexperienced players that will lead to multiple threads about poor players in tier ten ships.....
Yeah ...... I sound like a jerk....

Well guy what's the difference between this and a guy who can whip out a credit card and wallet warrior his way to ten... That's right there is none, so what you preach is moot at this stage in the game.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
Just now, comtedumas said:

So, we have people complaint already about inexperienced players in tier ten ships so how will it be any fracking different now?  

And yes, you sound like a jerk.  

at least I am not you..... you have a reputation... I just sound like  a jerk to you.... 
I said its a bad idea to GIVE tier ten ships to inexperienced players... and for something that will be "IMPORTANT" as Clan warfare..... it is a bad idea

• Cool 1

Members
1,936 posts
12 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

I still don't see why this is a problem.

It doesn't effect the more experienced/better teams at all, while opening CWs to many  more players. 

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
Just now, knice_destroyer said:

Well guy what's the difference between this and a guy who can whip out a credit card and wallet warrior his way to ten... That's right there is none, so what you preach is moot at this stage in the game.

yes    and people complain about WWs as much as they will now be able to complain about this... Perhaps the point I am trying to make is getting lost to certain  people that are misunderstanding the point.... Sry about that... I will just leave this alone....

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

at least I am not you..... you have a reputation... I just sound like  a jerk to you.... 
I said its a bad idea to GIVE tier ten ships to inexperienced players... and for something that will be "IMPORTANT" as Clan warfare..... it is a bad idea

It’s a freaking game, it’s not important at all.  And what “reputation” do I have?   That I don’t drink the koolaid some of you drink?  

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
1 minute ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I still don't see why this is a problem.

It doesn't effect the more experienced/better teams at all, while opening CWs to many  more players. 

in a nutshell, my point was that the forums might light up with a lot of rants about giving inexperienced players ships for IMPORTANT CLAN BATTLES.....
I should have been more of a "layman" when I tried to make the point...

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
372 posts
4,621 battles

Trevzors did bring up a good point on the recent podcast. If you are going in with a clan. That clan has direct control over who participates. So if the opposing clan bring people with rentals, then that's on them. The idea and reasoning behind this move was to allow clans who might be short on people, say halfway throw the season. To permit them to get emergency substituions in.  Team battle had issues where members could not make and subs would have to be found.  

Edited by Vanessaira
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
5 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

in a nutshell, my point was that the forums might light up with a lot of rants about giving inexperienced players ships for IMPORTANT CLAN BATTLES.....
I should have been more of a "layman" when I tried to make the point...

Oh, yeah, remember the forums are the vast minority of players in the game, don’t equate what you see here with actual feelings of the player base..

Edited by comtedumas

[B2P]
Members
511 posts
13,621 battles

People have been making far too much out of this.  This is "CLAN" battles, not ranked.  If a noob with a tier X ship is in the game, then that is their clan's fault.  So either one of two things will happen.  Either you will face a clan who let a noob into the battles, therefore giving your team the advantage, or you are in the clan that would let a noob in, in which case you should have a talk with your clanmates.  There aren't any random teams in clan battles, unless I've really missed something somewhere.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,650 battles

Impact of rentals is universally positive. People who couldn't play, can now play. People who lacked a specific type of ship (say, cruisers) can now balance their teams better. People who didn't need them, now have shorter queues. Everybody wins. The only ones who lose are the people who wanted the Battle button to be the wall that kept everybody out, and that's how you get dead modes, so those people can Shift-F12 my Shift-F12.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
29 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

buy a t8 premium, play a game, jump into 10 clan battles

[PVE]
Members
9,611 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, pmgaudio said:

1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

1 hour ago, Vanessaira said:

Trevzors did bring up a good point on the recent podcast. If you are going in with a clan. That clan has direct control over who participates. So if the opposing clan bring people with rentals, then that's on them. The idea and reasoning behind this move was to allow clans who might be short on people, say halfway throw the season. To permit them to get emergency substituions in.  Team battle had issues where members could not make and subs would have to be found.  

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Impact of rentals is universally positive. People who couldn't play, can now play. People who lacked a specific type of ship (say, cruisers) can now balance their teams better. People who didn't need them, now have shorter queues. Everybody wins. The only ones who lose are the people who wanted the Battle button to be the wall that kept everybody out, and that's how you get dead modes, so those people can Shift-F12 my Shift-F12.

1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

buy a t8 premium, play a game, jump into 10 clan battles

Besides playing a T8 battle after Clan Battles start, being a member of a clan, you also have to be acct level 15 to play in Clan Battles. 

I think the renting idea is a good one, so that more clans can participate if they choose.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
21 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

You never answered my question, you have a problem explaining your own comments?