You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainEdwardTeague

Names used...

31 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,194 battles

So...that acronym could stand for a lot of things. It could stand for the the Egyptian deity Isis. It's also not the official name of the terrorist organization that you're offended by. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

So...that acronym could stand for a lot of things. It could stand for the the Egyptian deity Isis. It's also not the official name of the terrorist organization that you're offended by. 

Good points. +1

[The only player name I was mildly offended by was "Ebola_Carrier"]

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

Definitely not the best choice. Back in Star Wars Galaxies there was a clan that used CCCP for its clan tag which I didn't think was a good choice either but at least the Soviet Union didn't exist anymore.

3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

A good point but what will the vast majority of people think of first?

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Cry me a river, OP, then build a bridge and get over it!

As stated, that isn't their official name, and in any case, they are all but eliminated as an effective fighting force, much less as anything like a state.

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,194 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Definitely not the best choice. Back in Star Wars Galaxies there was a clan that used CCCP for its clan tag which I didn't think was a good choice either but at least the Soviet Union didn't exist anymore.

A good point but what will the vast majority of people think of first?

Yeah, don't get me wrong, at first blush it looks bad. Hell, it could be bad. But ISIS does have some ambiguity to it, where crap like KKK or NAZI does not. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles

That acronym could mean a lot of things, it was around long before Deash. Did you bother to look them up and find out their whole name? Either way I can think of several clan names that are way worse.

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

The acronym "ISIS" was made up by the media. The word itself, as previously mentioned, is the name of the Egyptian mother goddess, who has been part of religion and mythology for 2500 years. Just because an acronym is spelled the same as a word doesn't mean that the word should never be used again. For instance, CAT scans have nothing to do with my pet cat.   

Edited by Snargfargle

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

OP, obviously they knew what they were doing when they chose the acronym.  However, I don't think Wargaming has any specific rules about being morons.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

Is censorship what you want WarGaming to get involved with. I for one would not care for it. There will always be things that bother us, don't let it take liberty to be ourselves. Sorry English is not one of my better languages. might be expressed better by someone who speaks English better. 

Arigatōgozaimashita

I do not understand archer and the women are too well endowed lol

Edited by MzFortune
addition

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

I can't find the clan [ISIS] so they must have used non-standard character substitutions for the letters. However, I found a clan named [SXRP] SexRapist and another named [FKBOI] Fuckbois that probably should be disbanded. My favorite clan name so far is [GEIST] Unholy Kittens. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, MzFortune said:

Is censorship what you want WarGaming to get involved with. I for one would not care for it. There will always be things that bother us, don't let it take liberty to be ourselves. Sorry English is not one of my better languages. might be expressed better by someone who speaks English better. 

Arigatōgozaimashita

I do not understand archer and the women are too well endowed lol

No, well at least I don't but that clan should have thought of the possible negative ways that tag could be taken or maybe they did wanting this kind of notice.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I think that is sophistry; when you see the clan name you do not think of Egypt, you think of terrorists. 

That being said, the OP should report it and not open a thread

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

there was a clan that used CCCP for its clan tag which I didn't think was a good choice either but at least the Soviet Union didn't exist anymore.

You should see that new permacamo WG added.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
1 minute ago, issm said:

You should see that new permacamo WG added.

I have seen it but we are a lot farther away from the cold war than back then.

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,227 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

CAT scans have nothing to do with my pet cat.   

My cat doesn't have anything to do with Cat5 hurricanes, either

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,195 posts
11,707 battles

I ran across a clan called F*CK once.