You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JdeMolay

Can Anyone remember...

21 comments in this topic

[AFW-]
Beta Testers
135 posts
10,314 battles

Can anyone remember if, or when, any line was introduced that there was not an immediate call for nerfs to be instituted?

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
3 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Can anyone remember if, or when, any line was introduced that there was not an immediate call for nerfs to be instituted?

KM DDs.

• Cool 2

Members
2,591 posts
12,434 battles

For me, anytime I lose at anything, someone was cheating or it was unfair and should be nerfed. So, yes my first 17 games I was calling for nerfs on all ships...except mine, mine should always be buffed.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
Just now, JdeMolay said:

When they could invisifire was there no call to nerf?

Not that I saw.  Their detection range was penalized more for firing than other lines IIRC.  Plus, ships in most, if not all lines could do it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
Just now, AspiringCodger said:

Not that I saw.  Their detection range was penalized more for firing than other lines IIRC.  Plus, ships in most, if not all lines could do it.

German DDs as a line were never capable of invisifiring. They had their gun bloom set high from the start, a patch or so before all the other DDs got it, and it was one of the reasons everybody thought they were crap.

[SIM]
Members
2,538 posts
4,182 battles

As mentioned, French Cruisers and German Destroyers. Response to the British Cruisers was mixed. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

KM DD line rolled out without much fan fare.  I think most complained about them more than what impact they had on the current game meta.  Frenchie cruisers were also pretty much a non issue. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,053 battles

The American BB's came in with little or no crying but the game was still in testing.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
15 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

German DD

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,141 battles

German DDs were spec'ed for the invisivire nerf before the invisifire nerf, so they were regarded as UP on release. I can't recall anyone saying the French cruisers were OP, they seemed to be pretty well balanced.

RN CLs were never considered OP, just different.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,849 posts
11,558 battles

KM DDs, they got nerfed before release lol.

I also don't remember people saying the French CLs need a nerf.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,139 posts
14,547 battles

German DDs got smacked in the face before release, I really felt bad for the guys looking forward to that line.  But the rest of the DD lines didn't get to relax for long.  Stealth Fire Nerf happened not too long after.  Instead of buffing German DDs to be more in line with IJN & USN DDs, they nerfed everyone else.

On the flip side of this, the last line where there were calls for nerfs after initial, high performance?  EASY.  German Battleships.  Their armor, speed, secondaries broke open and redefined what Battleship play was.  If you didn't like static BB play, German BBs were for you.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
297 posts
39 battles
1 hour ago, JdeMolay said:

American battleships, French and British cruisers, German cruisers, German destroyers.  Just about the only three lines with any sort of immediate call for nerfs were, in order from least to most backlash, the German BBs, Russian DDs, and then finally - by a truly enormous margin - the Japanese CV line.

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,848 posts
13,064 battles

No, but I can tell you from personal experience that "nerfs" fired from most Elite series sting more than those fired from the Zombie-strike series.  And both sting a good bit when fired point blank at your [edited].  Nothing like a budding DD captain (granddaughter) sneaking up behind a BB (papa) and popping them...followed by a giddy giggle I'm sure every DD captain has when they do the same in WOWS.

[PSP]
Members
6,294 posts
8,919 battles

I played an RTS game for about ten years and through several patches. For ten years, the forum conversations went like this.

We need balance!
When will the new patch be out?

The patch was released!

The patch sucks!

We need balance!

When will the new patch be out?

iterate ad infinitum

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
1 hour ago, JdeMolay said:

IJN DD, was and still is the same since alpha. crapof a line really, and getting worse as more and more hard counters appear in game. Completely opposite of power creep. The line will get even worse as more radars and general skill level of the player base increase further.

USN ships are also pretty much the same, only buffs.

Edited by NeutralState

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

German and French cruisers had very few calls for nerfs, except maybe Konigsberg/Nurnberg before the BFT/AFT changes to not affect main battery guns >139mm.