You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bashensky

Really Bad Internet bug

10 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
7 posts
1,701 battles

So this isn't new to this patch, but should've been patched by now, and I think it should be added to this new version. When downloading or updating the game, the mb/s will start at either 0 for me and slowly creep up like 10 kb/s, 20 kb/s, 30 kb/s all the way to 1 or 2 and stay there, or it will start at like 3 mb/s and start dropping until it gets to 0 and says internet connection problem. On rare occasions it will start at my normal 5 or 6, and once even 7 mb/s and download smooth but that's almost never. It's not my internet problem I pay over 80$ for internet that "should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing, and gaming at the same time." I average 60+ mb/s on internet speed tests, I've tried re-installing gaming and applying fixes but I have confirmed this is a bug not fixable by means which I can help. Please fix because I really shouldn't have to battle this problem for 10 minutes stopping and restarting download to apply an 80 MB patch ._.

Edited by bashensky

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
9,007 battles

If it was a common issue for people, it would have been fixed by now since people would complain a lot. Since it isn't, you can safely assume there is an individual problem somewhere between you, your isp and how you connect to this game. Individual problems are best handled by talking to the support teams of your isp or the game you're connecting to, and not posting about it on the forums.

[TBW]
Members
6,423 posts
12,071 battles

If you want help with this you really need to give some info about your system like vid card mother board and the like and what Pulicat said.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Check your router for anything that's supposed to prevent DDOS attacks. Turn it off.

My router has a lot of security features and was falsely identifying traffic from WoWS and YouTube (especially if both were on at the same time) as a DDOS that was traceable back to myself. Use to cause my internet to grind to a halt and turn off entirely after enough game time. Turned that feature off and it's been nothing but high bandwidth sailing ever since. 

[WOLF8]
Members
351 posts
6,224 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you want help with this you really need to give some info about your system like vid card mother board and the like and what Pulicat said.

Yeah, because a video card has so much to do with a network issue...  Hey, your car has a flat tire--have you tried changing the oil?

WG uses torrents to distribute patches.  That means multiple streams of data.  Some ISPs really try to limit torrents, given their reputation for use in piracy.  Want to change that?  Support net nuetrality.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

When the DL hangs up pause it and restart it. That usually does the job.

[TBW]
Members
6,423 posts
12,071 battles
3 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Yeah, because a video card has so much to do with a network issue...  Hey, your car has a flat tire--have you tried changing the oil?

WG uses torrents to distribute patches.  That means multiple streams of data.  Some ISPs really try to limit torrents, given their reputation for use in piracy.  Want to change that?  Support net nuetrality.

Well excuse me for trying to help. Now we are back to why did you even post this here?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I never had problems until the last couple of months or so.  Now it downloads very slowly eventually getting up to around 500kb/s.  Then, it usually jumps up to around 6MB/s (which is what I should get) right before it finishes downloading.  I don't have a problem downloading any other torrents, so I doubt it's my ISP.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Now we are back to why did you even post this here?

Because he gave a good answer to what might be causing the OP's issues?