Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Slim_Pickins

Slims Picks Youtube Channel

14 comments in this topic

[-DTS-]
Members
5 posts

Hey all!

Just started to play the game about a month ago. Some people that watch my channel suggested I do some videos of this game and gifted me a few premiums.

So I'm playing it a lot now and I really like it! 

So I will make this game a main feature on my channel. My channel is UN MONETIZED! I don't want to make money from this I just want to have fun and meet new people and learn a few tips from you pros out there!

So here is my 1st official WOWS video!

Take a look and let me know if there is a ship I should take out and get rekked in!

(Youtube a lot of times just posts adds regardless of what you say)

Thanks all and looking forward to meeting you in game!!

Slim~

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,601 posts
4,025 battles

I like it so far (I'm at 7:55, you just started the battle portion).

Some stuffs, cuz you're new to the game:

Actually, first, a production note - you have a lot of hiss in your voice recording.  If you can reduce that, it would be great.

On your Tirpitz loadout for battle:

Upgrade Modules, Slot 2: As you note, battleships have slow turrets - but they also have slow reload times.  Tirpitz actually has some of the faster turrets for a battleship, since she has slightly smaller guns for her tier than usual.  Instead of Main Battery Mod 2 in Slot 2, consider either Aiming Systems Mod 1 (to increase your main battery accuracy) or Secondary Battery Mod 2 (to give your already punchy secondaries a fairly sizeable boost).

In Slot 6, I personally went with the Concealment mod, but that's a matter of personal taste, your choice is fully in line with your other choices in damage mitigation.

Always spring for the premium consumables.  Seriously.  Erry game, alla time.  (Or, at least repair party.  Don't necessarily need a premium catapult fighter...)

Captain Skills:

I always recommend Adrenaline Rush as your first second level skill choice for a battleship captain.  Gets those guns firing faster, ups your damage output.  As a battleship (and especially Tirpitz, she's a brawler), you won't be spending much of the game on full HP.

I like what I've seen so far, I'll finish watching this one, and keep my eye open for new content.

[-DTS-]
Members
5 posts

Hey there! Yeah the video software is struggling with the new windows patch I just down loaded, so either I go back to windows 7 which has no issues at all with anything it seems or I spend 50 to 80 bucks on software to remove the hiss.

I have reduced it a ton but it is still there. 

I will do my next video on my windows 7 HD and see if that makes a difference.

I will also look into these awesome suggestions for the Tirpitz!

I cant guarantee that I will always set up my ships correctly every video, but I can guarantee its honest stuff. I'm not reviewing but just giving my feelings about the products.

As I try to do on all my tank videos as well.

Sure appreciate the feed back!

Slim~

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles

Welcome to the forums, Slim!  You seem to be off to a good start with the game!  You'll find a lot of good advice here.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask questions.  Above all, have fun!

1,542 posts
26 battles

Afternoon @Slim_Pickens great to see you're enjoying the game! 

If you ever have any questions or stumble across anything you're ensure about, just let us know! We're more than happy to help!

Would love to see more of your videos too!

1,266 posts
13 battles

Welcome to the forums and game! Great video for sure, as @WolfofWarship mentioned, please share more when you are able to do so. :)

[-DTS-]
Members
5 posts

Hello All.

Its been a few weeks but I took a bit of time to get more acquainted with the game, still learning got a ways to go but loving the game and the community!

here is my 2nd video for world of ships!

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions!

Slim~

• Cool 1

1,266 posts
13 battles

Hi Slim, very nice review and video! We're so glad that you're enjoying the Halloween events. Happy Halloween! :)

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles
8 hours ago, Slim_Pickins said:

Hello All.

Its been a few weeks but I took a bit of time to get more acquainted with the game, still learning got a ways to go but loving the game and the community!

here is my 2nd video for world of ships!

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions!

Slim~

Nice!  Great Video!

[-DTS-]
Members
5 posts

Hello all 

Here is a review on a real good cause! The Texan!

I really hope they can save her!

I hope you guys enjoy the review!

any suggestions is all ok by me, I have quite a few premiums now so can maybe accommodate a few requests.

I'm working on a Fuso review now!

Slim~

• Cool 1

1,266 posts
13 battles
On 12/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, Slim_Pickins said:

Hello all 

Here is a review on a real good cause! The Texan!

I really hope they can save her!

I hope you guys enjoy the review!

any suggestions is all ok by me, I have quite a few premiums now so can maybe accommodate a few requests.

I'm working on a Fuso review now!

Slim~

Great detailed review, Slim!

Sign in to follow this