You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

My 1st T10 The USN Montana

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles

Took me a long time to get my 1st T10 in WOWS as I am mainly a Co-op player plus I played like 1000 games in CL before even trying BB. Also, I play multiple nations and lines at once so it took me some time. I was quite thrilled when I finished my Iowa game this AM and had enough resources to research and buy the Montana. I consider it a badge of honor that I did this primarily as a Co-op player (3518 games in Co-op 170 in Random). I know some will consider it a badge of shame but I don't. LOL

Haven't played it yet but looking forward to the 12 406MM, better armor than Iowa/NC, and the amazing AA. NOT looking forward to a ship that is longer, slower, and less maneuverable than Iowa though. That will suck. LOL.

Went with the same setup as I did on Iowa and transferred my Iowa Capt to it (15pt)

• Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
  • Slot 2 = AA Guns Modification 2 
  • Slot 3 = Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2
  • Slot 4 = Damage Control System Modification 1
  • Slot 5 = Steering Gears Modification 2 
  • Slot 6 = Concealment System Modification 1

USN T10 BB Montana

msxzXlC.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,094 battles

You have some kind of patience and persistence, sir.  I couldn't imagine playing 3000+ games before earning one T10 ship in Co-Op.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

You have some kind of patience and persistence, sir.  I couldn't imagine playing 3000+ games before earning one T10 ship in Co-Op.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Well, as I said I played a lot of CL at 1st then I got hooked on BB and swapped to that. I also was/am grinding multiple nations and ship lines/types at the same time. Have dropped some that were a ways along (RUS CL and IJN CL) and dropped some types altogether too (DD & CV). I just got serious finally on getting my T10 USN BB at Colorado and focused more on that aspect. I have like 21 ships I play daily so it makes things take a while.

Next up is probably Yamato as I am at Amagi. I am at Fiji and a good way towards Edinburgh so Minotaur is an options too. I have Bismarck with a bunch of XP but don't plan on moving past it in the KM BB line.  Only to T5 in BRN BB so maybe play them for a while to get up to T7/T8?

Endless possibilities... :Smile_izmena:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
7 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Congrats.  I'll give you props just for your patience and persistence lol.

thank you.

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,094 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have Bismarck with a bunch of XP but don't plan on moving past it in the KM BB line.

To be honest, the FDG is pretty underwhelming at T9, so I don't think you're missing much there.  But GK at T10 seems like a real potent weapon, so it still may make it worth it in the end.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
719 posts
11,922 battles

Congratulations, brother! The fact that you are primarily a Co-op player does not in any way diminish the accomplishment. As you politely alluded to, it is a testament to your patience. If Co-op is where you find the most fun to be had, you are making the most of the game, imo.

Here's to many great games in your Montana!

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles

Thanks Amracil & Chaos

1st game in the books and I like it a lot. Definitely a tougher ship than NC and Iowa. They were good not bashing but this is a lot tougher. Now I know why I had so much trouble with it playing against it LOL. Love the 4X3 vs 3X3 guns. 

Was me and an Iowa w/ 6 bots. I purposely went for the 2 enemy BB's to see how Monty handles a fight and was impressed. I only took 27K in damage while dealing out 134K and hit at 61%. Having the same guns as Iowa helped me be ready for it's guns. Picked off a CL bot trying to HE spam me sitting bow on behind an island with one salvo as the only kill but put a hurt on the 2 BB's. All In all really like it. Surprisingly it didn't feel less maneuverable than Iowa. Felt about the same. Good because that is bad enough. LOL

Also happy to see with the permanent camo and flags I can afford to play it in Co-op. I actually made $70K in credits.  So that is awesome as I feared the service fee would make it impossible to play.

A good morning all around. :Smile_izmena:

uGaaD58.jpg

P1e7hlF.jpg

MSyzA9h.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

To be honest, the FDG is pretty underwhelming at T9, so I don't think you're missing much there.  But GK at T10 seems like a real potent weapon, so it still may make it worth it in the end.

Maybe when the other ships I want are done it would give me something to work for.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles

Thanks Sock5

Just played 2nd game and we lost. The HORROR! LOL

Me and an Alabama as only humans w/ 6 bots again. I riushed to help our Bama who was getting pounded by both BB's but before I could do much he showed too much side and the enemy Montana lolpenned him leaving me alone vs the Monty, Bama, and a CL - all now close in and around me as I had come to help LOL. 

I almost did it (got the Monty and CL) but between fires (43K in freaking HE fire damage - damn) and having them at all points around me I died. I had the Bama dead to rights but my reload was about 5 seconds too long. :(  I was so close but even angled I didn't have enough HP to take it's salvo. Man is this thing tough though - wow. Dished out 122K and took 122K. No one can ever accuse me of edge camping and hiding! :Smile_izmena:

Some how I made more money in the loss? LOL This ship will be a lot of fun.

Who said Bots are easy??? :Smile_glasses:

qTrf6aP.jpg

RRzd58v.jpg

BAqSodq.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

Well done sir, I like co op but it doesn't pay enough to pay the bills for me. The real bad part of co op play is that they give you bots on your team when the player base is low and they can lose the battle for you often.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Well done sir, I like co op but it doesn't pay enough to pay the bills for me. The real bad part of co op play is that they give you bots on your team when the player base is low and they can lose the battle for you often.

Yeah bots on your team can be an issue but I still prefer it. I have made enough credits to get to T10 and can afford to play there. I need a premium account, permanent camo, and flags of course but the small real $$$ investment is worth it to me so I can play the mode I prefer. A free account with no camo or flags most likely could not play Co-op and remain solvent.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

I just got Monty as MY first tier 10 ,too- also as a co-op player.   So far, I've played 3 games in it: 1 in random, and 2 in co-op.  The Random game was fantastic!  Huge damage, several kills, and I helped win it, along with a good team that really earned the win.  (even the reds said so)  Both Co-op games have been stinkers...   Player melt-downs, and bots that were no joke.   (the current favorite tactic of bots is to form a murder ball, and roll over anything in it's way- and since most player teams scatter...)

Since then, I've been grinding elite captain xp to level up the captain- who was only 7 points when I began.  (I grabbed Seagal off of Nicholas for the turret traverse buff)  He's now at 11, and in Alabama grinding that way.

Not sure what I'm gonna do next.  I have New Orleans and Hipper (plus Eugen for the extra 1st win bonus) at tier 8; Algerie, Myoko, and Gneisenau at tier 7;  and Gnevny and Farragut at tier 6.  All but Gneis are current grinders.  In all likelyhood, Des Moines will be next, as I really enjoy the USN CA's.  However, I really want Hindenberg, and the tier 10 Frenchy, too.   Of the DD's, I want Khab the most.  Not really eager for Gearing, but I DO want Fletcher.

High tier co-op DD play being what it is, it'll likely be a cold day in hell before I get either of those ships.  Thanks a lot for that, Wargaming...  I do better with them in randoms, but- it's randoms: home of Cap'n Salty and the DD unicums.  Thus, I only play a few games before I've had enough.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
10 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I just got Monty as MY first tier 10 ,too- also as a co-op player.   So far, I've played 3 games in it: 1 in random, and 2 in co-op.  The Random game was fantastic!  Huge damage, several kills, and I helped win it, along with a good team that really earned the win.  (even the reds said so)  Both Co-op games have been stinkers...   Player melt-downs, and bots that were no joke.   (the current favorite tactic of bots is to form a murder ball, and roll over anything in it's way- and since most player teams scatter...)

Since then, I've been grinding elite captain xp to level up the captain- who was only 7 points when I began.  (I grabbed Seagal off of Nicholas for the turret traverse buff)  He's now at 11, and in Alabama grinding that way.

Not sure what I'm gonna do next.  I have New Orleans and Hipper (plus Eugen for the extra 1st win bonus) at tier 8; Algerie, Myoko, and Gneisenau at tier 7;  and Gnevny and Farragut at tier 6.  All but Gneis are current grinders.  In all likelyhood, Des Moines will be next, as I really enjoy the USN CA's.  However, I really want Hindenberg, and the tier 10 Frenchy, too.   Of the DD's, I want Khab the most.  Not really eager for Gearing, but I DO want Fletcher.

High tier co-op DD play being what it is, it'll likely be a cold day in hell before I get either of those ships.  Thanks a lot for that, Wargaming...  I do better with them in randoms, but- it's randoms: home of Cap'n Salty and the DD unicums.  Thus, I only play a few games before I've had enough.

Congrat's to you. It is a long grind doing it in Co-op but it can be done.

I am 8-2 in Monty so far but have only lived in 5 of those games. Every game seems to come down to me having to charge and fight multiple ships at the end or to try and save teammates in trouble and "I" am the one who ends up dying. LOL 110K avg damage though is pretty good for Co-op.

I have seen the "bot wolf packs" too. LOL They don't just all blindly charge forward now (well DD still do) but rather team up, or amazingly group with you and go where you go, now. I was stunned the other day when a pair of CL joined me out of spawn and actually stayed with me for a good part of the game.

Bots are better than  people give them credit for. I think a lot of people who say Co-op is so easy remember the low tiers when they started and haven't played a game against T8-T10 bots that never miss, actually angle against you, and are so accurate they don't miss.  The teaming up thing they do now makes them even tougher. Even mid tier bots aren't that bad.

I hate to end up the only player in a T8+ match as the chances of making it are slim. Feels great when you do though as it generally means you were alone vs 3-5+ and pulled it off.

Again, congrat's. Maybe we will see each other in a game at some point with Monty. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
1,064 posts
5,937 battles
20 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have Bismarck with a bunch of XP but don't plan on moving past it in the KM BB line.  Only to T5 in BRN BB so maybe play them for a while to get up to T7/T8?

Don't engrave that in stone just yet...I never warmed up to the FDG, but I rather like the GK after 3 weeks and only 5 or 6 battles. Don't take it out too much, because of its operating costs. Although...

I'm one of those guys who sprung for the big deal on the Bolshevik Revolution for the 6500 doubloons and the 30 days premium time. Might get the GK permacamo from that...but I'm waiting to see if the Commie Crates (errrr, Crimson Containers) net me enough doubloons to roll into a Belfast first.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congrat's to you. It is a long grind doing it in Co-op but it can be done.

I am 8-2 in Monty so far but have only lived in 5 of those games. Every game seems to come down to me having to charge and fight multiple ships at the end or to try and save teammates in trouble and "I" am the one who ends up dying. LOL 110K avg damage though is pretty good for Co-op.

I have seen the "bot wolf packs" too. LOL They don't just all blindly charge forward now (well DD still do) but rather team up, or amazingly group with you and go where you go, now. I was stunned the other day when a pair of CL joined me out of spawn and actually stayed with me for a good part of the game.

Bots are better than  people give them credit for. I think a lot of people who say Co-op is so easy remember the low tiers when they started and haven't played a game against T8-T10 bots that never miss, actually angle against you, and are so accurate they don't miss.  The teaming up thing they do now makes them even tougher. Even mid tier bots aren't that bad.

I hate to end up the only player in a T8+ match as the chances of making it are slim. Feels great when you do though as it generally means you were alone vs 3-5+ and pulled it off.

Again, congrat's. Maybe we will see each other in a game at some point with Monty. :Smile_honoring:

Lol- yeah those Bot BB wolf packs are hideously annoying when playing a higher tier cruiser- you try and wear them down from a flank, and they ALL turn an bury you under a mountain of BB shells.  It's best to avoid them if you can- or get lots of help if you can't. (or just die really quickly...)

Had an I'm the only human match a couple of days ago.  I think it was in Nor-Cal or 'Bama.  Didn't go well as the 7 green bots all suicided very quickly.  I was like thanks for the help tin-heads, and may your offspring all use MS-DOS...

Been using that new RU premium to get the containers, lately.  Cuz who doesn't like MORE containers just for playing the game?!   After pushing hard to get Iowa and Monty- I need all the extra cash, free xp and gold to build back my reserves!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,814 battles
23 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Next up is probably Yamato as I am at Amagi.

I personally believe that the Yamato is the best tier 10 ship to use to carry all sorts of co-op games when you have a lack of human players on your team.

The bots won't be able to actively exploit the weaknesses of the Yamato that other people would and you can abuse the mechanics of overmatching the bow of other BBs so well. I know for a fact that against an enemy bot Yamato, it is a guaranteed kill for me and a nice 100k worth of damage.

In fact I tend to prefer to have less human players when I am in my Yamato as I am able to carry the game consistently, though I do not prefer if the game decides to drop in 7 DD's on each side which happens a lot when bots are added on your team

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
43 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Lol- yeah those Bot BB wolf packs are hideously annoying when playing a higher tier cruiser- you try and wear them down from a flank, and they ALL turn an bury you under a mountain of BB shells.  It's best to avoid them if you can- or get lots of help if you can't. (or just die really quickly...)

Had an I'm the only human match a couple of days ago.  I think it was in Nor-Cal or 'Bama.  Didn't go well as the 7 green bots all suicided very quickly.  I was like thanks for the help tin-heads, and may your offspring all use MS-DOS...

Been using that new RU premium to get the containers, lately.  Cuz who doesn't like MORE containers just for playing the game?!   After pushing hard to get Iowa and Monty- I need all the extra cash, free xp and gold to build back my reserves!

Yup, my reserves are pretty wasted too. In the last 120 games or so I added Iowa, Amagi, Montana, and the French T6 Cruiser La Galissonnière. I haven't been this low on credits since probably my 1st couple weeks playing WOWS. I am down to about 4,500,000. I am usually around 25-30 million and try not to dip below 10 million but did it for Monty. LOL

I have had Pensacola and Nurnberg researched for MONTHS and MONTHS too but haven't bought them. They are still waiting for me to have the extra $$$ and FXP I don't mind using on them. I have been spending my resources mainly on BB's and I sort of got into the French CL's a little (that interest has waned though). I had 25K in doubloons and about 200K FXP. They both are about used up too from Capt retraining and converting XP into FXP as well as using that FXP to upgrade ships. Probably time to buy another chest of doubloons and play a lot of my elite ships and the Hood to get that FXP back up Going to need it to FXP past Izumo to Yamato.

I absolutely HATE the way WG has MM fill so many empty slots in Co-op with DD's. I don't mind a couple but when it is 4, 5, 6 or even 7 as you say that is just too much.  Even worse if you are in a BB. Damn torp soup and HE Span rain all game. NOT fun. I wish they would use more Cruisers or even add a CV or BB or 2 now and then. No idea why they use DD so much? I actually started a thread about that on the forums.

Had one last night in Monty where it was me alone with a CL and 6 DD AND they made it all T10 (that is another gripe - when alone they make all the ships same tier - mix it up!!!). So needless to say there was just a constant wall of smoke everywhere and torps from all angles. By the time I waded through the DD's, and managed to take out the red Monty, the enemy CL arrived at full health with me flooding and burning and just finished me off with ease for the win. I don't mind a challenge but when it is so many DD, and you don't even have a tier advantage over them on top of it, it just isn't a lot of fun. More aggravating.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
51 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I personally believe that the Yamato is the best tier 10 ship to use to carry all sorts of co-op games when you have a lack of human players on your team.

The bots won't be able to actively exploit the weaknesses of the Yamato that other people would and you can abuse the mechanics of overmatching the bow of other BBs so well. I know for a fact that against an enemy bot Yamato, it is a guaranteed kill for me and a nice 100k worth of damage.

In fact I tend to prefer to have less human players when I am in my Yamato as I am able to carry the game consistently, though I do not prefer if the game decides to drop in 7 DD's on each side which happens a lot when bots are added on your team

Yamato is probably best ship to use period LOL. Those damn guns are brutal. I would have gone for it 1st (ie, T10 BB) but I really don't care for most of the IJN line I have played (CL/CA and BB). Had a couple Cruisers that were ok and Fuso is okay but haven't really cared for the rest. Amagi might be changing my mind a bit. Seems better in early stages then rest. I really want to get to Yamato though to at least say I did and to try those 18" guns.

Don't you get me going on how they WAY overuse DD's in Co-op to fill empty green team slots too. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

Now the stinkers have added an RN combat mission for total damage.  So much for grinding my N'Orleans or Hipper this weekend, lol.   (the rewards are a double fistful of signals, so well worth it!)   Off to play Hood and Danae!  The only RN ships I have in the tier limits that I don't totally suck at or hate.  Belfast has never been played, and I don't have the scratch to upgrade it atm.

2 back to back matches I've been nuked for full health by torpedoes... I guess I may want to revise that statement,lol.   I did at least collect 6 citadels and annihilate the red Danae first, though.

The last match was in Hood, and was half bots- 2 DD's and 2 Myokos.   2 Brothers, and both Yoko Ono's ran the strait- pulling the entire enemy team into the center, save the DD's, which charged my side...   Red Ognevoi managed to flank me after my well aimed salvo splashed harmlessly all around it- seriously- it went STRAIT for the DD, then RNG made each individual shell miss by inches...  it w(sh)ould have been a nuking.   additionally, up till then He'd been "protected" by our bot DD who charged right up to it and it's buddy- and blocked all of us from shooting at either of them.  ( we need an angry emoticon with steam rolling out of it's ears for these occasions.)   Just as well- thanks to the "special" bots in the Myokos, it was set to be another crappy low damage game anyhow.

Add me to the list of "tired of player team (DD) bots." too.   For Pete's sakes, why do the bots on the player side have to be idiots!!!???  They pretty much threw that whole match.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,814 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't you get me going on how they WAY overuse DD's in Co-op to fill empty green team slots too. :Smile_izmena:

The thing is though, the quality of the health on those DD's are worth a lot.

Doing 80k damage on BB's is gonna net less than doing 20k damage on DDs (math may be off, but you get the idea). So I get games where I only did 50k damage total which looks bad, but I still end up getting as much exp and credits if not more than my normal result of 150k damage due to the fact that the 50k damage were done mostly on DD's

Still, it ain't terribly fun engaging a DD let alone a whole team of it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
30 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The thing is though, the quality of the health on those DD's are worth a lot.

Doing 80k damage on BB's is gonna net less than doing 20k damage on DDs (math may be off, but you get the idea). So I get games where I only did 50k damage total which looks bad, but I still end up getting as much exp and credits if not more than my normal result of 150k damage due to the fact that the 50k damage were done mostly on DD's

Still, it ain't terribly fun engaging a DD let alone a whole team of it.

I know. You get more XP and $$ for doing damage to DD than you do BB but it just isn't fun to play a match with so many of them in it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,814 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know. You get more XP and $$ for doing damage to DD than you do BB but it just isn't fun to play a match with so many of them in it.

indeed, but at least you get rewarded for it.

Now if you're using the Izumo, it is actually quite good for co-op game play, most of the displeasure of the Izumo is from their experiences in random battles, co op will be fine for the Izumo so don't feel unmotivated cause it's an Izumo.