You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelShark77

Gaede Capt. Skills

18 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
4,863 battles

Hey all, was looking for some advice on my captain skills for my Gaede. I just hit the 13pt mark and have 3 points to spend. my skills already are: Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, Superintendent & Concealment Expert. Was thinking either Demolition Expert or Torpedo Armament Expertise....any suggestions???

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

TAE is the better choice, you want to decrease your already low Torpedo reload

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I think I have exactly what you have on a Gaede and, eventually, Z-23 captain - except only 11 pts.  I was considering going AR next, since it is the only way to bring down your long gun reload if you run the 150s (which, from what I understand, is a choice on Gaede but close to mandatory on the Z-23 because of the extra gun it brings), while also helping torpedo reload.  TAE or DE (or SE) could come after that.

Members
21 posts
4,863 battles
30 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Get your torps reloaded.

Superintendant is pointless.

Last stand also.

Im thinking you need to redo all your skills.

sooo....what do you suggest?

my Gaede has worked really well for me, but im open to any advice

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 hour ago, SteelShark77 said:

sooo....what do you suggest?

my Gaede has worked really well for me, but im open to any advice

If your happy then thats fine but your gaede does not require these skills.

I will take a peek later.

Your skills seem ok and if you are happy alls cool.

Just get torp reload and thats great.

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

Members
21 posts
4,863 battles

id appreciate you taking a look. i always thought the Last Stand skill was important for DDs as engines and steering gears always get knocked out....then your a sitting duck....no?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles
2 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Get your torps reloaded.

Superintendant is pointless.

Last stand also.

Im thinking you need to redo all your skills.

@SteelShark77 Do not listen to that guy. Seriously, just don't. 

Last Stand is Mandatory on Destroyers, the lack of Armor means that you will face frequent engine and rudder damage. Last Stand is a must-have on all Destroyers, no exception.

And Superintendent is required for more smoke and speed boost charges, both extremely useful. And of course for your Hydro.

When in doubt, ask the Wiki, it has recommended Captain Builds that are usually reliable (with this ship remember that when using the 15cm guns that you don't need AFT and BFT anymore), and it comes to no surprise that it rates both SI and LS as Extremely Useful Skills.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Ernst_Gaede

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles

@SteelShark77, I would encourage you to keep Last Stand and superintendent plus add torp re-load as they are very important for any DDs. 

I found this guide helpful for DD skills.

More importantly check the play records of anyone giving you advice to see if it's any good. @abyssofthetriffid is not a good source for advice if you want to play well.

His stats from wows-numbers.com

His stats from warships today.

His WoWs player profile.

• Cool 1

Members
21 posts
4,863 battles

thanks a bunch guys!!! yeah i kept Last stand....started playing my Maass and the Capt was only 50%.....1st hit i lost my engine and steering gears lol. so once he's back to 100% ill be good to go....got 2 CV kills in the game, burnt one to a crisp and torped the other...but thanks for the advice!!

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

@SteelShark77 Do not listen to that guy. Seriously, just don't. 

Last Stand is Mandatory on Destroyers, the lack of Armor means that you will face frequent engine and rudder damage. Last Stand is a must-have on all Destroyers, no exception.

And Superintendent is required for more smoke and speed boost charges, both extremely useful. And of course for your Hydro.

When in doubt, ask the Wiki, it has recommended Captain Builds that are usually reliable (with this ship remember that when using the 15cm guns that you don't need AFT and BFT anymore), and it comes to no surprise that it rates both SI and LS as Extremely Useful Skills.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Ernst_Gaede

2 hours ago, SteveStevenson said:

@SteelShark77, I would encourage you to keep Last Stand and superintendent plus add torp re-load as they are very important for any DDs. 

I found this guide helpful for DD skills.

More importantly check the play records of anyone giving you advice to see if it's any good. @abyssofthetriffid is not a good source for advice if you want to play well.

His stats from wows-numbers.com

His stats from warships today.

His WoWs player profile.

You are obviously allowed your opinion as i am mine but thanks anyhow :D have a good day.

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
35 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

You are obviously allowed your opinion as i am mine but thanks anyhow :D have a good day.

You're certainly allowed it, but it is unequivocally wrong and I would like to protect people from taking your terrible advice.

• Cool 2

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
19 minutes ago, SteveStevenson said:

You're certainly allowed it, but it is unequivocally wrong and I would like to protect people from taking your terrible advice.

The very best advice is to avoid toxic websites and the internet in general for any advice and learn all yourself whats best for the ship in hand.

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The very best advice is to avoid toxic websites and the internet in general for any advice and learn all yourself whats best for the ship in hand.

...or, you could come to the forums here, which happen to be unusually well moderated and helpful, not to mention on-topic when you want an answer to a question at hand.

As far as things go for you, @abyssofthetriffid, maybe watch some gameplay videos, cruise the forums looking for knowledge, and try to improve your poor play so you might be able to contribute something of value one day.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 hour ago, SteveStevenson said:

...or, you could come to the forums here, which happen to be unusually well moderated and helpful, not to mention on-topic when you want an answer to a question at hand.

As far as things go for you, @abyssofthetriffid, maybe watch some gameplay videos, cruise the forums looking for knowledge, and try to improve your poor play so you might be able to contribute something of value one day.

No thanks.

I play my game always not yours.

[-I-]
Members
147 posts
2,737 battles

The first 4 points you spent are fine and I would recommend the same for all German DDs (although i prefer Priority Target over Preventive Maintanence).

After that is depends whether you want to keep that captain on the Gaede or want to advance through the line with him.

As you asked for the Gaede I'm assuming you want to keep him there.

In my opinion you have 2 choices for your next points depending on which gun you use.

For the 150mm IFHE is incredibly useful as it allows you to penetrate every BB bow and stern armor you could possibly face. Therefore my final build for this choice would be:

Priority Target

Last Stand

Superintendent

Concealment Expert

IFHE

Torpedo Armament Expertise (or Survivability Expert but base HP is so high I would go with TAE)

Adrenaline Rush

If you prefer using the 128mm guns where IFHE is pointless or you just don't like the skill then your build should look like this (this is also a great build for all T8-T10 German DDs):

Priority Target

Last Stand

Superintendent

Concealment Expert

Torpedo Armament Expertise (for the T9 and T10 you could also chose Basic Firing Training instead)

Survivability Expert

Adrenaline Rush (or Demolition Expert)

Preventive Maintanence (not possible to take if you chose Demolition Expert before)

Here is a list with all the skills I use on my DDs (and some other ships): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVcg4tgOm7QQUMSKcskvJhWIqPn24qLr6Oe3wNKIHxM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by tmGrunty
fixed some spelling errors

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,719 battles

I love when I find DDs without last stand, usually it takes a salvo or two to figure out they are just sitting there.    And then it's back to port for them very quickly.

Capt builds - You can't go to far wrong with what tmgrunty has suggested. Just figure out your game style and adjust accordingly.