Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SharkFujishiro

Any word on IJN Tone?

12 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

Last word was that the devs were having a very tough time balancing it for gameplay purposes.

Don't hold your breath on it ever making it to the live server.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Won't be here any time soon. Expect them to be totally satisfied with CV play before they introduce anything that could be called an aviation cruiser or aviation battleship. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

Won't be here any time soon. Expect them to be totally satisfied with CV play before they introduce anything that could be called an aviation cruiser or aviation battleship. 

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with future CV balance as they continue to release CVs....  That said, this ship would be a pain to balance under the best of conditions.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
Just now, Warped_1 said:

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with future CV balance as they continue to release CVs....  That said, this ship would be a pain to balance under the best of conditions.

I just don't think they're keen to introduce any /new/ kind of player controlled aircraft interface until the existing one is settled. They've said the reason they release new CVs is because the balance changes are going to be game mechanics which will apply across all CVs including premiums, so there's no reason to not release CVs, even premiums, in the mean time. Kinda like how changes to main battery detection bloom applied to everything, even premiums. Tone (or Ise, etc) would be a whole new kind of animal and balancing issues they don't need to have on their plate yet. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles

Tone would be easily balanced since most IJN CVs were for attack while Cruisers and some BBs were relied upon to carry the spotting aircraft due to the fact the CVs were attack and defense focused aircraft and did not usually handle the spttng missions.

So just give Tone the Spotter Planes and Catapult Fighters and problem solved. I remember the Wiki showing good Cruiser armaments on Tone as well as respectable AA.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,088 posts
7,651 battles

It's not that she's hard to balance, but the WG devs want to make the aviation hybrid playstyle meaningful beyond just "she has more floatplanes."

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Tone would be easily balanced since most IJN CVs were for attack while Cruisers and some BBs were relied upon to carry the spotting aircraft due to the fact the CVs were attack and defense focused aircraft and did not usually handle the spttng missions.

So just give Tone the Spotter Planes and Catapult Fighters and problem solved. I remember the Wiki showing good Cruiser armaments on Tone as well as respectable AA.

Except she literally breaks the game. They can’t get her to work. Whenever she is put into a match it causes the server to crash because the mechanics don’t work.

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles
11 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Except she literally breaks the game. They can’t get her to work. Whenever she is put into a match it causes the server to crash because the mechanics don’t work.

Ugh what is Wargaming doing wrong???

If they think that it carried actual CV planes they are mistaken since I have seen " Hybrid Cruisers" and what looks like a flight deck is only partially a flight deck since they were usually floatplanes. 

Saw a Mogami like that today with such a rear mounted flighdeck and it gave it the ability to carry up to 11 Floatplanes instead of the usual 1-3 that such ships could usually carry. As I have mentioned before CVs would do the air attacks but not usually the spotting and recon so Cruisers and BBs carried the spotting planes that would do the recon instead.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,088 posts
7,651 battles
33 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

That instance is because someone managed to use her on a press account when her data had already been partially removed from the client, so anyone in the match that had Tone appear on their screen immediately crashed since the client couldn't find the data.  It has nothing to do with her mechanics or balancing.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
8 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

That instance is because someone managed to use her on a press account when her data had already been partially removed from the client, so anyone in the match that had Tone appear on their screen immediately crashed since the client couldn't find the data.  It has nothing to do with her mechanics or balancing.

Yeah I remembered it wrong. But still, they can’t get the mechanics to work for her.

Sign in to follow this