You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Giulio Cesare V 2.0 Review - Was it castrated?

50 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

Good news.  The ship is still fun and still powerful.  It’s just not OP.  Dispersion is not as good, and from what I can tell the horizontal dispersion is what got hit.  As a result, you need to get closer to the enemy and fires are harder to set at distance due to said dispersion.  Indirect fire nerf.  Still a lot of fun to play.  It’s in a good place and I still recommend.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

You see everyone? WG nerfing her wasn't the end of the world. Go figure.

• Cool 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,994 posts
5,940 battles

Yeah, that's about what I figured, but people have to cry about SOMETHING.

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,732 battles

Giuliano? Wrong.

It is Giulio Cesare, Italian for Julius Caesar.

Also the pronunciation is wrong. It's Césare with the stress on the E not the A.

As for the video? Good stuff. Well done Zoup. I still like the ship.

Edited by alexf24

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

It is Giulio Cesare, English for Julius Caesar.

Um ... isn't that ... Italian ... for ... um ... Julius Caesar?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
9 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Yeah, you'd think everyone's name was Chicken Little or something...

Glad to hear the Cesare is still pretty good. I full plan on picking her up.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,732 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Um ... isn't that ... Italian ... for ... um ... Julius Caesar?

Yeah, typing early before coffee. I know. Fixed.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
11 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Giuliano? Wrong.

It is Giulio Cesare, Italian for Julius Caesar.

Also the pronunciation is wrong. It's Césare with the stress on the E not the A.

As for the video? Good stuff. Well done Zoup. I still like the ship.

Auto correct.  Posted this from my phone.  Didn’t mean to type that but it’s fixed now.  Pronunciation is close to Chess-R-A from what my Italian friends and relatives told me.  If I had an accent it might sound better but I didn’t want to insult them by using a fakish accent :p. I think I was closer to the correct pronounciation in my first video on it.  Got lazy I guess. 

Edited by NoZoupForYou

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

That syllable emphasis was kind of painful this time. I understand Alex don’t hate on him too much, it was good to stress Cesare as the name. the emphasis on the syllable is just really painful. :cap_fainting:I blame myself and not Zoup though!

My takeaway:

drag coefficient. 

Dispersion.

HE.

efficiency reduced.  :cap_popcorn:

Edit: Che-zah-reh is about as close as I can get without going four paragraphs. Although everyone is very regionally biased. where is the A? Lol

Edited by SparvieroVV
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,535 posts
4,182 battles

Glad to see that the sigma buff saved her from being completely ruined by the hellacious dispersion nerf. She looks pretty mediocre at this point, but we'll see how she plays once she makes it into the hands of the general populace. 

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
9 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

That syllable emphasis was kind of painful this time. I understand Alex don’t hate on him too much, it was good to stress Cesare as the name. the emphasis on the syllable is just really painful. :cap_fainting:I blame myself and not Zoup though!

My takeaway:

drag coefficient. 

Dispersion.

HE.

efficiency reduced.  :cap_popcorn:

Edit: Che-zah-reh is about as close as I can get without going four paragraphs. Although everyone is very regionally biased. where is the A? Lol

Well said :)  Japanese ships are much easier.  All pronounciation are the same.  Despite this we still hear A-oba instead of Ah-obah.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles

I expected they'd bump the sigma. She still has plenty of other advantages that mitigate the loss of her accuracy some, but giving her a similar accuracy performance to other T5s sounds about even.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
25 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Glad to see that the sigma buff saved her from being completely ruined by the hellacious dispersion nerf. She looks pretty mediocre at this point, but we'll see how she plays once she makes it into the hands of the general populace. 

The nerf wasn't *that* bad.  GC's dispersion is now pretty much in line with the rest of the Tier V battlewagons, rather than being competitive with Tier V *cruisers* like it was. 

[SIM]
Members
2,535 posts
4,182 battles
11 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

The nerf wasn't *that* bad.  GC's dispersion is now pretty much in line with the rest of the Tier V battlewagons, rather than being competitive with Tier V *cruisers* like it was. 

Your reply is self-contradictory to the extreme. 

• Cool 1

Members
636 posts
741 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

You forget the dispersion was nerfed to around the aame as the other BBs but kept its 1.5 sigma, the recent sigma buff is what makes the guns workable.

Members
2,389 posts
7,700 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

As a result, you need to get closer to the enemy and fires are harder to set at distance due to said dispersion.  

Thats what im afraid of, get closer in a t5 battle is one thing, its easy. But GC is a T5 BB, you will face T7 most of the times. And get closer to a T7 BB in a light armored t5 BB is not good, most of them have 380 mm or 406 mm guns that will just melt you if you get close.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Your reply is self-contradictory to the extreme. 

Anyone who watched one of those early videos had to know this ship could not go live with that dispersion.  It was brought down to be competitive at her tier. 

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
3 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Thats what im afraid of, get closer in a t5 battle is one thing, its easy. But GC is a T5 BB, you will face T7 most of the times. And get closer to a T7 BB in a light armored t5 BB is not good, most of them have 380 mm or 406 mm guns that will just melt you if you get close.

You do have to play on your toes a bit more. You can’t be as cavalier.  First battle in the 2.0 was T7, but I managed fine enough.  You can outmaneuver most BBs fortunately.   If you run into two though, even if T5 you’ll have issues.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles
5 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Nah, you will be fine.

YQP961H.jpg

Members
2,389 posts
7,700 battles
2 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

You do have to play on your toes a bit more. You can’t be as cavalier.  First battle in the 2.0 was T7, but I managed fine enough.  You can outmaneuver most BBs fortunately.   If you run into two though, even if T5 you’ll have issues.

Yeah, i guess that in T7 battles you will have to play her with cruiser mentality and abuse the good speed and concealment. But this limits GCs carry potential.

GC seems a fun, challenging (and beautifull) BB, but not very good to carry if you are botton tier.

[SIM]
Members
2,535 posts
4,182 battles
3 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Yeah, i guess that in T7 battles you will have to play her with cruiser mentality and abuse the good speed and concealment. But this limits GCs carry potential.

GC seems a fun, challenging (and beautifull) BB, but not very good to carry if you are botton tier.

Honest question, but do any Tier Vs carry well from the bottom?

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

The Cesare I just saw was the worst passive playing schmuck ever. Two destroyers pounding the crap out of me. *Nope Imma stay dark*

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Honest question, but do any Tier Vs carry well from the bottom?

Out of the BBs? Kongou sometimes, as it has the speed and gun range. Granted, less carry, and more match saves. There's been a few battles where Kongous have ended up making a difference in the match vs a slower T5 BB. Cesare looks to be an even better late-match save/carry, depending on how well the player managed the battle, thanks to near-cruiser level concealment and fast traverse allowing for more evasive action while keeping the guns locked-on.

T5 in general? Minekaze can still carry some; just not as well as she used to prior to her nerf. The Kamikaze clones can all carry, with some careful management.