You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser: Destroyer Strategy

17 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Some good strategies for general destroyer play. Ship used is TX Z-52.

If you have issues with Notser personally, or you don't like videos being posted on these forums, kindly do not reply to this thread. The majority don't want to hear your whining, snowflake.

• Cool 4

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,784 posts
6,976 battles
8 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Some good strategies for general destroyer play. Ship used is TX Z-52.

If you have issues with Notser personally, or you don't like videos being posted on these forums, kindly do not reply to this thread. The majority don't want to hear your whining, snowflake.

Well this is the right way to get a positive reaction, get your insults in early, pre emptive strike! (I note your usage of the singular rather than the plural, of snowflake,) I 'll just sit back and wait on these doubtless fascinating replies..:Smile_popcorn: 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
10 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Well this is the right way to get a positive reaction, get your insults in early, pre emptive strike! (I note your usage of the singular rather than the plural, of snowflake,) I 'll just sit back and wait on these doubtless fascinating replies..:Smile_popcorn: 

dance.gif

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,962 battles

Anyway to generate post numbers right :)

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

Don't know squat about Notser nor care, so ordinarily I would not have a reason to respond.  This remark oddly makes me want to whine just to be annoying.  So how does this work?  I mean, since I've never watched his videos I don't have a frame of reference.  Oh well, just consider this a generic whine and we'll leave it at that, ok?  Just use your imagination.  It'd probably be better than anything I could come up with.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
12 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

You mean people actually watch those videos posted in these forums? Well, I guess if they can't read they may as well look at the moving pictures.

Oh yeah, easier meta to understand, and doesn't take 2hrs to search here for a thread to find spouting disinformation and arguing.

Lotta type A personalities here that love to argue.

Many of us are after information and not a pissing contest.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

He's not alone. I won't watch any videos posted in a forum post. If I wanted to watch a video, I'd go watch a video. If I want to READ posts, I come to forums. People who can't type out a post, and just post someone else's video is, IMHO, lazy. Or are you just trying to up the view count on your/others' videos? If so, do it elsewhere.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

He's not alone. I won't watch any videos posted in a forum post. If I wanted to watch a video, I'd go watch a video. If I want to READ posts, I come to forums. People who can't type out a post, and just post someone else's video is, IMHO, lazy.

Awesome,  then there's no reason to view or comment on threads pertaining to them.

Pretty simple. :Smile_honoring:

[ADR]
Members
818 posts
5,559 battles

I like Notser but I don't completely agree with him. I think he puts to much into torps and not enough into his guns on most of his DD's, but all and all a good video.

[FLEUR]
Members
29 posts
7,006 battles
2 hours ago, Koschka said:

I like Notser but I don't completely agree with him. I think he puts to much into torps and not enough into his guns on most of his DD's, but all and all a good video.

I agree. I also think he's not keeping his exit paths in mind 100% of the time. For instance, in the first 4 minutes he pulls up to a gap but does so in a way that maintains torp angles... and beaches him. The torping situation is pretty shoddy there anyways; he should've just ignored it. What's more important is that he was intending to shoot the Gearing all along and potentially pursue to keep him in sonar range. However, beaching forces him to reposition and prevents him from pursuit for a crucial 15s. That's quite dangerous for his allies who could really use his sonar to screen for the Gearing and Shimakaze torpedoes.

He's a good player, but he makes silly mistakes like that and doesn't point it out as such. That said, he put in a lot of effort making the video. It's certainly a valuable resource, just needs some serious caveats before consumption.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
On 10/6/2017 at 2:29 PM, Wulfgarn said:

Awesome,  then there's no reason to view or comment on threads pertaining to them.

Pretty simple. :Smile_honoring:

I appreciate you enabling my laziness.  Keep them coming.

Members
1,540 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

I for one glad the video was posted and I appreciate the work that Notser and the other CC's add to the game.  Saves me time by selecting what could be the best setup; may not always agree but then how many people actually agree on everything.

Pete