You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DingBat

Blys: Gunboot or not?

29 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
15 hours ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

But 3 x 2 57-kt torpedoes didn't seem that "good" neither did the detection of 7.74 seem that "decent" on paper compared to what she faces.

Ya, I admit I struggled with Blys before I got CE on her; torping was very rough indeed. Valid point; the upgrade does make it better but the grind is hell. After all the skills and camo I got her down to something where invisifiring torps wasn't an issue, and of course the fun ratio went way up.

Taking .3-.5 off its detection range, very slightly increasing the gun tracking or rudder shift, and adding +5kts to torpedoes might make it more of a mid-range dual role boat. I'd even lose a little bit of gun range to do it.

Well, certainly none of these ideas would hurt her! (and after the invisifire nerf all that extra gun range can be something of a handicap)

If I want a gunboat DD that can stealth torp and contest caps if needed; there's the Leningrad.  If I want to stealth torp and contest cap with gunboating where needed, there's the Maas.  Is there a niche place for the Blys in the middle?

Leningrad vs Blys is an interesting battle (providing both Captains know their stuff), I've seen them go both ways, lubed up with many salty tears. I wouldn't want to be a Maass driver who was facing a Blys.

Most of this is playstyle; some people think Tachibana is a trainwreck but I just love the little thing! Suffice it to say Blys can be competitive against anything she sees, providing the Captain respects her strong and weak points.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,080 battles

Thanks for the discussion! (true I'd taken off CE of my Blys recently, but was because I found torpedoes relatively ineffective and seemed to end up playing inferior-Russian-DD style play most matches)

Stat wise, the 3 we've mentioned (last 2 weeks)

Win rate: Leningrad 55% > Blys  53% > Maas 52%

Damage: Leningrad = Blys 31k > Maas 27k
XP: Leningrad 1.3  >  Blys 1.1  = Maas 1.1

KDR: Leningard 1.2 > Blys 1.1 > Maas 1.0

Survival: Leningrad 34% > Blys 29% > Maas 27%

.Not a huge difference, but tends to follow a repeated 1st-2nd-3rd pattern across all metrics.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
16 hours ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Not a huge difference, but tends to follow a repeated 1st-2nd-3rd pattern across all metrics.

Not because I want an argument, or to start one, but more because I'm curious; what are your number of games played for each ship?

Reason I asked is that the numbers are so very close, in all categories and across the boards on ship issues, that I was wondering if you had an equal number of games in each ship if the numbers would also even out.

Just wondering.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,080 battles

Oh - those are not my stats, but server wide stats from Warships.today, for the last 2 weeks. (thus does not include OWSF Blyskawica stats)

The stats of a single player would not be reliable in the least, due to the small sample/playstyle etc.  Maas has ~12,000 game sample, others ~4000. So stats are reliable and already "evened out."