You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
willob

wildest, most unusual, or stupid way you killed a ship

78 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

In a game today, I told the team that I was going to sail right into the middle of the "B" cap circle with my North Carolina, because we had no DDs, and for them to support me. When I got in there, I found four ships. One was a Graf Spee, one a DD, and the other two were German BBs. I set priority to the DD with my secondaries, focused my main battery fire on the Spee and headed my ship for for the nearest BB. I took a few torps but got the Spee sunk, and soon after that the DD. On the last of my health, I then rammed a full-health BB and sunk it. I told the team "Well, I got three, rest is up to you," only to look around to find them mostly still at the spawn point. 

[NGAGE]
Members
48 posts
8,190 battles

Probably the best "wth?" moment was me engaging a battleship at about 7 km with secondaries and getting a secondary hit detonation on a DD that was not even spotted next to said battleship.

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

Once, in my ARP Takao, I was heading to the "C" cap and sighted an enemy cruiser there, with whom I started duking it out. Just as I entered the cap and could see around an island, I noticed a smoke screen about 8 km away and I figured that there was probably a DD in it, so I sent a couple of torp spreads that way. Sure enough, here came a wall of torpedoes, which I barely avoided getting sunk by, taking two. Thank goodness for the Atago's heal module. I just managed to sink the cruiser and was trying to get hidden behind the island when "boom!" boom!," two more kills registered and I got a rare Double Strike. There had been two DDs sitting in that smoke! About two seconds later, and even before I got "C" fully capped, a teammate started yelling at me to stop camping at "C" you bleeping noob and come help the rest of the team.   

Edited by Snargfargle

[NGAGE]
Members
4,242 posts
6,149 battles

Not my kill, but it was still pretty out there none the less.  I had one battle in the Queen Elizabeth where a friendly Fubuki came to smoke me up.  He was coming in pretty hot and ended up ramming into my side.  Right before I disappeared into the smoke an enemy Fuso 20km away fired a volley at me......I was was just fine, but the Fuso ended up killing the poor Fubuki by sheer dumb luck.....:Smile_sad:

[CUTER]
Members
3,836 posts
17,102 battles

9 citadel hits on a Zao before torping him at close range. I was driving a Yugumo.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,205 posts
8,352 battles
On 10/5/2017 at 1:14 AM, SalvoSanta said:

I detonated someone. Now THAT is stupid. 

Got a carrier in one salvo yesterday.   Just happened to catch him appear, headed towards mountain cover.    Aim, and release!      Full health one moment, gone the next.   It was within the first five minutes of the game - ouch.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,189 battles

For me, personally, the Iowa DD Ramming Rampage I had in Closed. 3 DDs rammed to death by an angry Iowa.

Things I've SEEN?
The TORPEDO DENIED! event:  T8 Game on North in CBT, I'm in a Fuso.
Allied Sims is out scouting. Enemy Kitakami gets spotted, everyone in the team Nemo Seagulls the hell out it, as per SOP, but nope the Sims gets it first by Ramming it to death before anything can happen-- this is in the first minute of the game, the Kita's torps aren't loaded yet.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
226 posts
7,887 battles

The OOD told me to pump out the #1 pump room. I lined up the eductor backwards, and started to flood the space. I panicked and ran away, leaving the hatch open, which caused progressive flooding into 1st division berthing and the emergency generator room. The DCC watch had a really bad hangover and got his tanks mixed up while ballasting to correct the list, and well, down we went. We were tied to up to the dock at the time, so at least I got my picture in the newspaper! 

:cap_like:

Oh, and then there was this guy: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/defence/10697895/Navy-warship-accidentally-fires-torpedo-at-nuclear-dockyard.html

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

I seem to have have a knack for goofy, but the Dunk seems made for such things...at least in my hands. 

I had only had the thing 6 games when I ended up going nose to nose with another one... Neither one of us wanted to ram, so I backed up, he eased forward while blasting away at each other. We even chatted while waiting for our guns to reload to bounce more shells off each other... Finally one of team mates torped him, and we ended up with the win.... Everybody was laughing about a toe to toe BB fight... 

[SUCIT]
Members
996 posts
4,030 battles

Two days ago, 3 minutes into a tier X battle in my Montana, I dev-struck a Mogami AFK sailing full broadside to me at 22KM.  Next salvo, 30 seconds later, I detonated a Roon at 25km.  Only landed a single shell on the Roon.  :Smile_hiding:

"Fun and Engaging" 

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Originally posted this over in the Japanese BB forum in a Kawachi thread:

The funniest thing that happened was in one of my first battles as a BB driver (the Kawachi was my first BB). I somehow impaled myself on the back line trying to make a turn. While I'm trying to reverse the engines a Red Umikaze impales herself right off my Starboard rail about 100 yards away. The poor DD was like, "Uh-oh", and tried to get dislodged.  My wing guns sloooooowly turned until they were pointing right at her. "B-BOOOOM". Umikaze vaporized. People on both teams were LOLing in the chat buffer. Absolutely hilarious. I love this game.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,763 posts
8,291 battles
On 10/5/2017 at 1:45 AM, willob said:

Mine I was in a low tier US BB being chased by a DD , he was so close I couldn't depress the guns to shoot him, I was thinking if only I could ram him but he's behind me. Eureka, I slammed the breaks on and he ran into me and blew up, I was laughing my butt off as I sailed away.

I did this in the Hallowe'en of 2015 Phantom Fortress event when I was sailing the Salem Witch.  A Myogi was in hot pursuit and snapped off her bow when she clipped my shapely bottom.

70atlz.jpg

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles

I detonated a DD with secondary shell fire from a Sharnhorst.  :cap_cool:

Also, in a Missouri I was trying to ram a 90% health Izumo from the back, he realized my intentions and started moving forward, he gained some speed and it took me a bit longer than expected to reach him, I barely touched the stern and got the ram, he didn't died instantly but for my surprise he had just used Damage control so he died by flood.   :cap_haloween:

Edited by Pata1985

[-BRS-]
Members
1,061 posts
8,356 battles

I ran into a Wyoming with my Aurora. He started reversing while I zigzagged to within 2km of his bow, I then proceed to do circles around him, raining HE death on him. I only took secondary damage, his guns couldn't track me. I did all the damage, no one helped, took like 5 mins lol.

Members
150 posts
2,456 battles

I had a game where I challenged an Izumo's honor by calling for a ram when I was in my Tirpitz. When he was only a few kilometers away, I turned and shoved four torps into his bow. He did technically end up hitting the side of my ship. It just did no damage.

[SG]
Beta Testers
61 posts
9,067 battles

Brawling in a Bismarck, low health friendly cruiser drives behind him as I fire, one single stray round kills the cruiser, rest killed the BB. 

[WTFAW]
Members
70 posts
11,247 battles

Wow I feel like a rock star, LWM posted, early in my BB grind I had a game with Mouse she was in her beloved Warspite and me in a USN BB, I was going wide to avoid taking fire and she said I was going the wrong way, follow her. I didn't and died a few seconds after her. My advise if Mouse gives you advise tale it.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,334 posts
11,284 battles

Reversed into a red team Queen Elizabeth in a Guilio Cesare and ram killed him.

[WTFAW]
Members
70 posts
11,247 battles

One time I went up the slot in Twin Brothers in my Atlanta.  I met an other Atlanta, we both shoot ( I'm thinking its gonna be an all day affair to kill each other) He's hugging the left and I'm center channel, we both turn left and he runs aground, I put 4 torps in hims and sail off quite pleased with myself.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,438 posts
9,205 battles

Islands of Fire back in 2016, shortly after getting ARP Myoko. Went up against a Hatsu that had upgraded torps. I was too close to the smoke to escape, so did the only thing possible.

Dodged both sets of torps (MB couldn't keep up) and responded with my own right into the Hatsu's side. Dev Strike and sailed away unscathed. Joked "DD outplayed at own game by a cruiser."