You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
willob

wildest, most unusual, or stupid way you killed a ship

78 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,794 posts
4,015 battles
7 hours ago, willob said:

Mine I was in a low tier US BB being chased by a DD , he was so close I couldn't depress the guns to shoot him, I was thinking if only I could ram him but he's behind me. Eureka, I slammed the breaks on and he ran into me and blew up, I was laughing my butt off as I sailed away.

I once detonated a full health tier 8 fubuki with 1 shell  from the secondaries on my hipper. 

He literally revealed for just enough time for 1 volley of secondary fire. 1 shell hit him in stealth, boom. I was shocked. 

[NERO]
Members
3,606 posts

My favorite kill was in Yamato during a typhoon. I was looking for the last enemy (a Zoa) and he was looking for me. 

We rounded an island and came face to face point blank range heading toward each other. Just /bam/ there he was. 

We both had the same thought.... ramming speed. 

Chat lit up.
"FOR THE EMPEROR!"
"IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!" 
We had a really good laugh over the mutual destruction. Good times. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,722 posts
3,794 battles

My most memorable was a double DD kill with a Kongou. Long story short, one DD had set up smoke and was slowing down. Another DD was coming use the smoke. I, with nothing to lose, smoke dived, and ended up ramming the DD that set up the smoke, nuking them, and the second DD, coming too close to the hull of the first, couldn't shift direction fast enough and crashed into me. Died as well. I don't think either of them expected a BB to dive in after them. I came out of that relatively intact, thanks to the ramming signal flag, and used the smoke for temporary cover while firing away at other lit enemy opponents nearby.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

This was months and months ago. I used torpedo bombers to drive one enemy battleship into another that was on very low health, and they stuck just long enough to get the team kill. Then my torpedoes hit and sank now team killer. It was diabolical.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,610 posts
11,670 battles

Both for me were Rams, 1 was a GFK and rammed with my Bismark, didn't get unsinkable but the GFK driver was pissed.  The other was a Atago behind and Island that I ran over with said Bismark at full speed.  The Atago I ran over was on Two Brothers.  The GFK was on the map The Loop.

[SIM]
Members
3,173 posts
4,964 battles

Fired a salvo at a BB sailing broadside onto me...and Devastating Struck an unspotted cruiser that was sailing parallel with him.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,643 posts

WAYYYY back when, I was driving my Wyoming on Big Race.  I was in the middle, and spotted an enemy Kongo just outside the ring of islands. I took a potshot just as he sailed behind one and... BOOM!   completely annihilated.

Sad thing is, I was so new-I didn't realize I'd killed him and kept waiting for him to sail out the other side...

A couple of days ago, I plugged a T10 RN cruiser in smoke, because he backed out from behind an island, stopped, and only then popped smoke.  He'd just launched torps at me so I KNEW he was there.   I think all 12 of Monty's shells hit him- he was only 10 km away,lol.  Dev Strike!  And one less RN cruiser in the match.

Secondary kills are funny, too- esp when you weren't even shooting at that ship.  Used to love doing that with Diana- before they changed the mm so it couldn't see tier 1's.  Colorado once absolutely devastated a Kirov with it's secondaries- before I could even get my turrets lined up!  At the same time, the other side was hammering a Kongo so badly, it turned and ran away!   Nassau makes a living beating up reds with secondaries- often you don't even have to shoot them.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
623 posts
8,634 battles

Rammed an enemy destroyer... with my carrier Hiryu, and won the match.

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,568 battles

In my Kurfurst: Aimed for one ship, shells went a bit off, hit another undetected, invisible ship behind, detonated him.

I sat there for like 30 seconds, tried to contemplate what just happened, why the unlucky guy was ranting about RNGesusin the chat.

[DPG]
Members
1,150 posts
5,527 battles

My craziest kill was when I was in my Langley on the Strait map.  This was quite a long time ago and I didn't realize that heading to those rocks in the middle was a bad idea.  Next thing I know I hear the lovely torp alert going off like crazy.  Magically the dd missed and started to cut around the front of me when I hit hard to port and tapped him, instantly blowing him up and getting die hard.  

I just remembered that isn't the craziest kill.  The craziest kill was when I got pink status for tking a friendly way back when your secondaries could do team damage.

Edited by Amenhir

[IXM]
Members
235 posts
3,777 battles

This first one isn't mine but seems like it fits.  I was in a T3-4 battle in a cruiser and we were on the straits map.  We were on the bottom side of the map near the island with a fort on it.  There were a couple of DD harassing us along with some other ships.  Our friendly Kawachi was having none of that though.  He went around one side of that island while we fired into the smoke on the other side.  I saw him enter the smoke and a few seconds later see a ramming kill, he had hit the Clemson.  A few seconds later a second ramming kill popped up, he hit the Wakatake.  He emerged from the smoke nearly dead but had two diehards and a double strike.  He must have been listening to some Ludachris.

This one I earned a few weeks ago on my Emerald.  I am attempting to play it without smoke so it's been pretty hectic.  We were in a T5-7 match on New Dawn starting from the bottom spawn.  My div headed over to C cap to try and take that.  We ran in to a BB, a CL and two DD.  One was an IJN and the other a T22.  After some serious torp dodging and taking out the CL I was coming under fire from the BB so I decided to bail from C.  I had lost track of the T22 but knew the IJN DD was to my right so I let loose some torps where i thought he would be.  That's when I spotted the T22 coming out of a smoke cloud less than 3km from me and we were on a collision course.  I checked my HP and determined I could survive the ram so I went for it and hit him.  After getting the ram I check my right just in time to see my torps find their mark on the IJN DD giving me a diehard and a double strike.  It's become a fun little ship and I am looking forward to the Leander.

[ANIME]
Beta Testers
120 posts
3,623 battles

I was driving a Kiev, tier 7, when a cyclone hit. I was heading toward an enemy BB for a torp run with the 4km torps, when a second BB appeared. They both turned in toward each other and I fired one set of fish at one and the second set at the other. They both unloaded full broad sides into my ship and I exploded, then the first set of torps landed for a dev strike, and flesh wound, then just before the second set hit the enemy typed, f**k, and exploded for a second dev strike, flesh wound, and a double strike, for the win.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

I got a funny one when I fired at a cruiser in the straight between the two big islands on the Solomon Islands map.  I got a kill, but the cruiser I fired at was still there.  It turned out that there was another undetected ship between him and me.  My salvo hit that ship, that just happened to be directly beside the one I fired at, and saved the one I was aiming for.

I love the hits and kills on invisible ships.  There is nothing better than firing into an area where you know there are invisible camping ships and get that sweet audio "bulls eye" sound.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,097 posts
3,895 battles

Way back in OBT. Fault Line. Caught a Clemson broadside (as in, pointed north/south) in the narrow east-west channel between B and C, in my Myogi. His torpedoes whiffed.

I ran him over while posting "OM NOM NOM NOM" in all chat.

• Cool 1

Members
354 posts
3,822 battles

I'm trying to charge the B cap in my Nurnberg cruiser firing at a red DD who smokes up.  I dropped a load of torps, turned hard to starboard and headed around an island, get to the other side, guess what more smoke.  Now I'm definitely not going in there with 2 DDs that I can't see, so I dropped my other set of torps.  Just about that point I get a dev strike from the first set of torps, then since the second DD never saw me he got the same treatment.  Not close enough together for a Double Strike, but still satisfying.  Just guessing from the angle I launched the second set of torps, that the second DD thought he would ambush me when I came into the first DDs smoke.  Didn't quite work out that way for him.

[TBOW]
Members
1,217 posts
11,621 battles

had a better one today. Missouri on North. our team were down a DD, and I and a guy in a really beat up Zao managed ot be the last ones on our team, losing on caps badly, less than 4 minutes left. Enemy had a prsitine North Carolina, I was half-dead, out of heals. we met in the C cap and maneuvered around the island. I shot off his front guns and he shot my engine. I was charging and lost power. hit repair, but momentum gone. 

I was shooting into his superstructure, both of us on fire. I finally got close enough to ram, but I died, he didn't. 

GG? Well, not entirely, you see my damage dealt ticker was still going, between the fires and the flood he died at just about the 20 second mark. I had a good laugh at that! :)

Thanks to Top Scallop for the fine comradeship!

Screenshot (3).png

Beta Testers
1,480 posts

In Scharnhorst I had taken out a red BB that happened to pop out of a corner at 2km range .. a double citadel hit and it went down.

Problem was, I was so close and had been at full steam that even with the engine pressed to reverse I was going to hit the sinking hulk.... and since I was close to a corner I thought to myself: 'well, hitting the hulk is an instant stop so I'd better reach the hulk as fast as I can then reverse after the stop'.

So I left the ship in full steam.

I hit the hulk.

...and as I did a red DD popped out of that same corner the red BB had come out of.

And my ship pushing the hulk...ended up pushing the hulk INTO his DD and flipping him sideways so both our hulls were now basically 90 degrees and I was t-boning him via the sinking hulk.

He fired his torps... all of which hit the hulk (lol).

My secondaries munched him to death as he sped up parallel and away from the hulk.. he just didn't have time to get away nor have the distance to wiggle so secondaries missed.

Never laughed so much in this game.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,887 posts
4,227 battles

So, I once found what I thought was a safe spot in my Lexington while hiding behind an island on the North Map. Somehow, an enemy Fubuki (back when it was T8) flanks around my team without being seen, despite half of my team going to A.

So, I'm sitting there, when, all of a sudden, a Wild Fubuki appears!

>The Wild Fubuki used "Dump the Tubes!"

>The Wild Fubuki's attack missed.

>Lexington used "Secondary Batteries." It is moderately successful

>Lexington used "Panic Ram."

>Lexington's attack missed. Lexington is now Beached.

>The Wild Fubuki used "Dump the Tubes!"

>The Wild Fubuki's attack missed.

>THE WILD FUBUKI MISSED THE BEACHED LEXINGTON!

>Lexington used "Secondary Batteries." A critical hit!

>The Wild Fubuki Detonated!

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,324 battles

Was less then half a ship length from a Kaiser at my 12 o'clock throttle jockeying to not ram him while shooting a Nassau and killing him at my 4 o'clock then engaging ramming speed and killing the Kaiser to end the game with a double strike. I see why Konig Albert is out of the shop.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
279 posts
4,249 battles

Shoot a DD in a battleship for long distance in a cyclone.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
8,980 battles
On 10/4/2017 at 1:45 AM, willob said:

Mine I was in a low tier US BB being chased by a DD , he was so close I couldn't depress the guns to shoot him, I was thinking if only I could ram him but he's behind me. Eureka, I slammed the breaks on and he ran into me and blew up, I was laughing my butt off as I sailed away.

For me, uy was shooting a reversing GK and killing the stealthed ognovoi behind him.