You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
willob

wildest, most unusual, or stupid way you killed a ship

78 comments in this topic

[WTFAW]
Members
67 posts
9,879 battles

Mine I was in a low tier US BB being chased by a DD , he was so close I couldn't depress the guns to shoot him, I was thinking if only I could ram him but he's behind me. Eureka, I slammed the breaks on and he ran into me and blew up, I was laughing my butt off as I sailed away.

• Cool 5

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

On that map covered with rocks in C, and that low airfield island in B, there was an enemy DD stopping me from capping B.  So i went all the way around the island to their side of the map, yelled BANZAI in all chat, then double struck their CA and the DD to clear the cap.  Took the cap, won the game. 

• Cool 1

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,703 posts
3,363 battles

Over a year ago, perhaps just after the end of OBT, I took out Atlanta for the shiggles. Sometime near the start of the battle, an enemy Atlanta is spotted, and as I had AFT/BTF to extend the gun range, I was able to open fire far before he could. Well, as it happens, a second enemy Atlanta shows up and the two collide. And, as my shells were raining down on Atlanta #1, some came down on the foredeck of Atlanta #2. He detonated.

• Cool 3

Members
638 posts
741 battles

One of my early games in my Warspite, I detonate a French cruiser who was on 500 health by barely nicking the stern with a shell, and about 10 seconds before the end of the game I fire at anIJN cruiser, and jsut before that guessed he had stopped. The smoke enveloped him just after i fired, and i watch my shells go on a perfect line and dev strike him as he had almost full health. Another time I took a casual shot on a Russian cruiser in my Graff Spee and refocus on a nearby Aoba I had been fighting, and find to my amusement I had dev struck the guy before he had the chance to fire more than one salvo the whole game. Poor guy was suprised as he had angled and it only took 2 citadel hits.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

A full health Minekaze that somehow reached my Ryuujou and saw it as an easy kill. Approached me from behind, I accelerated and dodged his first Torpedo salvo, meanwhile my Secondaries start hammering him and RNG guides enough Shells onto him to finish him off before he could fire a second salvo.

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,294 battles

i was playing my cleveland and focused on an enemy cruiser next to me, somebody finished him off and as i was turning my camera there were torpedoes on each side of me and as i finally turned to look forward i sailed into a smoke cloud and rammed a destroyer sitting in it and blew him up. sat there and was like wow that happened, i was sunk 4 minutes later but had my funny kill at least

• Cool 1

[7FLT]
Members
115 posts
5,574 battles

took out the rudder of a fletcher with my essex dive bombers, he then proceded to smash into the side of my ship and gave me a die hard lol

• Cool 2

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles

Second game in Mikasa. Co-op battle, humans down 4 ships, the three of us on the cold map enter the center area and I engage the computer Mikasa with the main guns, taking fire from every direction, but trusting to my division mates to take their share and going tunnel vision mode, the guns just do not track, and what they track they cannot hit. I end up ramming the enemy Mikasa, which ends the game, only to find my secondaries killed a number of enemy ships on the way into the furball. Couldn't stop laughing.  

[TF-64]
Members
376 posts
12,816 battles

Back before protected tier 4, I was in a double CV match with my Clemson. Came up on both of them and torped them both but neither died and both used repair party. Opened fire on 1 and set him on fire just as an enemy buddy got in range to start wrecking me. So I rammed the other. Right after the ram the 1st CV burned to death to get me a double strike.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,575 posts

I have two:

• Back when the game still let you mismatch your tiers, I sank a Myoko in a Hashidate
  • And bout a year ago I took my Yamato into a Co-op match, I have the survival expert skill on my boat so it pushes it up past 100,000hp, the AI's Yamato didn't have the skill, so when I jumped out from around a corner and ran into him, I survived, he exploded... and I bounced right into the Montana that was sailing in formation right behind him~   My only regret was I hadn't yet figured out how to get replays working...

[ARGSY]
5,191 posts
18,924 battles

Had a split second to shot with a cruiser at a CV on the other side of two brothers. One HE shell hit and started s fire. Seems he just used his repairparty because about one minute later I got a kill message.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

I was sailing my kahabarovsk, daka daking away at a North Carolina as he sailed into a smoke cloud. 

Apparently he he ran into a very low health Edinburg, as my next salvo netted a kill that was not the NC. I did not even know the cruiser was still there.

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
877 posts
7,259 battles

Two enemy full health BBs, an Iowa and an Amagi, were coming up slowly along the side of an island, whilst I was on the opposite side in my Mogami, retreating from an enemy push. I saw the BBs, and decided to ambush them. I came round the corner of the island and sailed in straight between the two BBs, launching torpedoes out of both sides, sinking them, netting me two devastating strikes, a high caliber, and a double strike. 

Was in my Nagato, badly damaged, when a Russian cruiser hiding in smoke started pelting me with HE. He lit me on fire, and was about to sink me when I managed to get one last salvo out into his direction. My Nagato sank mid flight of the shells, but I managed to guess correctly the cruiser's position, and scored two citadels, sinking him instantly.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

I was driving my Atlanta drunk (like laying my head on the desk next to the keyboard kind of drunk) and decided I was going to chase down a DD. The DD ran behind an island and I still had like ⅓ hp, so I went right after it, and wound up between two almost full hp Yorcks. I had the presence of mind to load AP and try for citadels as the Yorcks fired torps at me from both sides. 5 volleys and 27 citadels later, I sank both Yorcks, dodged the torpedoes, and then somehow ended up stuck sideways on the island. I killed the DD but was still stuck, then slowly died from a fire the DD started.

Im kinda not sure why I couldn’t repair the fire. I think one of the Yorcks must have set me on fire a few seconds earlier. I imagine the whole thing would have been pretty awesome if not for the beaching and slowly burning to death. 

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

I detonated a friendly Iowa with an AP shell from a Grobe(German tier 9 BB), The Iowa was about 12.7 - 13km in front of me and he/she got into a jousting match with an enemy North Carolina and both ended up being broadside to me, as the NC passed on the Iowa's port side I made the gamble to shoot over the Iowa's bow with my forward turrets, two shells flew over both ships, one shell hit the NC and over penetrated and the fourth shell fell short and hit the Iowa's starboard side which caused a denotation. To this day I'm still surprised as that's the only time I've ever seen an AP shell trigger an denotation.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
3,741 posts
3,265 battles

My favorite to date wacky kill, was in my Izumo where I rammed an enemy Akizuki at 13kts because I was accelerating behind an Island and he turned the corner as I I reached 10kts, rammed into him at 13kts and started to whittle his HP down, finally killed him at 20kts. We were both laughing at how stupid that was :cap_haloween:

~Hunter

[OPG]
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

I charged down 4 nc's in my Hindenburg that we're all grouped up tightly and executed all 4 with torps and guns at 2km. 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

I once AP’ed a Neptune to death in the Khabarovsk at point blank range. 12 citadels and a river of salt later....

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles

So it is December 2016 and the Christmas event is going on. One of the tasks was to sink a CV via torps and you could do it in PvP or PvE. So, I'm tooling around PvE in DDs and torp equipped CLs and either can't find a CV or if I do, someone else sinks it first. So I finally give up on this and take out the Sharnhorst to finish off the ARP ships mission. I had only taken the Sharnhorst out a few times as I got it in the Shipsgiving super bundle. 

So I got a CV with me as top tier, on my side of the map, no one else close, AND the bot ran into an island!  I got within 6km and fired torps thinking I got the last thing I need for Race to the Bottom.  Just before the torps get there the CV blows up and the match ends. I'm swearing at the screen wondering who did this. :angry: I check the details and there it is, the guy who stole my torp hit.  Hosho killed by Kizarvexis. :ohmy: :amazed:  My secondaries got him BEFORE the torps got there. :(

p.s. I eventually did get a CV with torps, so it did have a happy ending. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles

I once blind fired torps into a cap with my Fletcher at the start of a game and got a double strike and never saw them....a dd and a cruiser.....

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,519 battles

Shimakaze had fired off torpedos at my Montana, but missed. He then vanished into smoke next to an island. I headed directly for his smoke, hoping to take him out while his torpedos were still on cool-down. The smoke extended quite a bit, so I had thought he had zoomed out of there.

I reached that magic spotting distance, and there he was.....

Right in front of me. He was actually sitting in the smoke waiting.

I got one salvo off from the bow guns....which hit, he started to move and I was like, screw it.

Ramming speed.

Rammed him right in the middle of the ship. Took 20k off my health, but was fully worth it.

Everyone else in the game was like 'wait...wut??' in the chat.

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,782 battles

Wildest one i can remember off the top of my head if a game i had with the Gneisenau. Can't remember if it was a win or loss but it doesn't really matter.

I decided to use Spotter plane for kicks that day, since there weren't any CVs in queue.

There was a Graf Spee out in the limit of my aprox. 22-23km range with spotter plane. He went into concealment a while before i managed to get my guns turned, but i took the shot anyway. About 30 seconds later i get a citadel hit and a kill.

We were both very confused as to what had happened.

Fair seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,414 posts
9,604 battles

Too numerous to recall...

Last night..   We thought we lost.  It was the ring thing domination.  Red team held them all.  We were down 5 ships to 8.  My team was running for the map edges.

I decided to suicide my Yamato right into the center and get this over with.....

Ummmm...   nobody is shooting at me ???  I'm sitting in the MIDDLE of a map with a Yamato, and I'm not detected ???

Center ticks away to green...   Friendly DD sails by..  hmmm.. nice game..  come here often?

I guess the enemy team woke up to the fact that now the score was now 475 to 470 with 5 minutes left. 

Then the shells start flying, I'm hitting reverse and dodging walls of torpedoes..  My friendly DD is out of smoke.  Didn't sink anything, bit I scored over 110K damage.

We win by a couple points....  

• Cool 1