You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Atomicdogg

What the hell is wrong with this game

16 comments in this topic

[_DS_]
Members
5 posts
4,990 battles

Ok so the economy and some game mechanics in this game are dumb plain and simple, why is it so costly to play top tier ships in this game ? is it because you want more money from the users? you have total [edited] ships to deal with in this game like the shima or any ship in the RN line im sorry to say but the smoke and HE spamming comin from that line of ships is dumb they are all [edited] in one form or another. The top tier dds fire 15 torps in one shot  5 feet off your bow why? well because their invisible due to being small lol like wth is that all about where is the realism and the smoke is an even bigger joke lets lay smoke and sit and fire out of it with perfect aim but weird enough i fire into it the smoke and all my shells magically land all around the ship? i think the dispersion should work both ways. Now lets talk about the HE did you guys start smoking all that money we give you cause you make HE in this game melt steel like a hot knife through butter i dont understand the logic at all. How does AP not do more damage than HE are you telling me that fire melts iron and steel? Again where is the realism? I am so tired of playing a game that frustrates me due to the ridiculous ships and game mechanics you have introduce as of late. I use to like this game.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
3 minutes ago, Atomicdogg said:

I use to like this game.

Most of us here feel the same way man.  Too many gimmicks, powercreep of previous lines, still no cv balance after 2 years, hated maps still in rotation like epicenter, bow tanking [edited], slow gameplay, [edited] matchmaking, wallet warriors, pay to win premiums, the list goes on.  All I can say is I think we all play for those few matches that are down to the wire when the matchmaking is fair and all is right for the world...for at least 20 minutes..

• Cool 1

[_DS_]
Members
5 posts
4,990 battles

i agree we definitely have a long line of issues and hopefully they deal with these quick or they will loose alot of players .

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
5 minutes ago, Atomicdogg said:

agree we definitely have a long line of issues and hopefully they deal with these quick or they will loose alot of players

One thing I can suggest to you is to try and join a clan man you can discuss the game, learn from each other, and basically just have fun again with the game.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,311 posts
6,597 battles
39 minutes ago, Atomicdogg said:

How does AP not do more damage than HE are you telling me that fire melts iron and steel? Again where is the realism?

First sentence is just wrong.

Second sentence has a simple answer...
Your realism is in the same room as:
- realistic fire control (finding the range, testing the range, adjusting the aim, etc)
- realistic naval strategies (Crossing the T)
- realistic fleet compositions (we need more DDs and less BBs)
- realistic UI (since when do Torpedoes have a triangle above themselves?)
- realistic damage simulations (crush the superstructure of a BB, it does not care. Radar, Rangefinders and Commanding personnel are not modeled...)

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,571 posts

The game is free, but to live most people require money - Therefore in order to pay their employees WG have to hope/encourage customers buy certain goods from them such as Premium ships, Premium Accounts or Signal Flags that assist with Credit earnings from a battle or Repair Fees.

Still, this is still not a necessity, as you could drop back down the tiers to earn extra credits to fund top tier play. When you think about it, WG have given the customers the choice. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,790 battles

It is good that high tiers cost so much. It provides incentive for people to play some mid tiers. 

Right now, T10s are way too profitable due to perma camo. As a result, the MM is flooded with T10s. This causes T8s to be dragged up to T10s extremely often, which is bad. T8 MM is honestly one of the worst right now, not far behind T5 MM. 

High tiers need to be less profitable, not more.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts
17 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Making 2 topics about it is wrong with this game.

TBH since they upgraded the forums it is not uncommon to have a bug that causes a duplicate topic to be posted.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
5 hours ago, Atomicdogg said:

Ok so the economy and some game mechanics in this game are dumb plain and simple, why is it so costly to play top tier ships in this game ? is it because you want more money from the users? you have total [edited] ships to deal with in this game like the shima or any ship in the RN line im sorry to say but the smoke and HE spamming comin from that line of ships is dumb they are all [edited] in one form or another. The top tier dds fire 15 torps in one shot  5 feet off your bow why? well because their invisible due to being small lol like wth is that all about where is the realism and the smoke is an even bigger joke lets lay smoke and sit and fire out of it with perfect aim but weird enough i fire into it the smoke and all my shells magically land all around the ship? i think the dispersion should work both ways. Now lets talk about the HE did you guys start smoking all that money we give you cause you make HE in this game melt steel like a hot knife through butter i dont understand the logic at all. How does AP not do more damage than HE are you telling me that fire melts iron and steel? Again where is the realism? I am so tired of playing a game that frustrates me due to the ridiculous ships and game mechanics you have introduce as of late. I use to like this game.

KEgThEE.gif

• Cool 1

Members
19 posts
2 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

It is good that high tiers cost so much. It provides incentive for people to play some mid tiers. 

Right now, T10s are way too profitable due to perma camo. As a result, the MM is flooded with T10s. This causes T8s to be dragged up to T10s extremely often, which is bad. T8 MM is honestly one of the worst right now, not far behind T5 MM. 

High tiers need to be less profitable, not more.

Tier X being profitable is no bad thing. The more you allow people to play more tiers, not by forcing them to play mid tier for funding, but by making both mid and high tiers fun in their own ways, people naturally will spend money on and support the game. If the game was well designed, there wouldn't need to be an incentive needed to get people to spend anything, because they would do it on their own accord. But it's not, so the economy is set up to be as punishing as possible for those wanting to enjoy playing high tier ships, because mid tier is not fun

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
73 posts
17,235 battles

i must be doing something wrong 165 million creds i play all tiers equally i dont run a premium acc can anyone help me figure out what im doing wrong :P :)

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Lots of problems with game and WG themselves. You'd run out of room if you tried to list them all in one post.

It's been a while since WG (that i am aware) has mouthed off about another company that puts out a similar war game. They use to down on them pretty regularly.

I think they finally learned that "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", especially when you live live next to a rock quarry.

Don't be foolish and give them any of your money. 

Edited by Wulfgarn