You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeoIsTaken

Clan Administration Guide

26 comments in this topic

[CS]
Members
3 posts
1,406 battles

Where is the detailed guide on clans?

I thought I could figure it out, but I have many questions.

Inviting, Rights distribution, resource access. The only thing I could find was in WOWT and said #5 was right to disband clan, and everyone but recruits had it. 
I assume there is something besides Dalia explaining it

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
656 posts
7,967 battles

There's a guide?

Seriously though, there's not that much to it, that wouldn't fit on a post-it.

• Cool 1

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

as with everything in  these games, if wargameing told you, they would then have to kill you

they treat every bit of information as something to be hidden away from the customers,  they believe  ,  that  as long as you dont know, they have power over you ,

all of the training videos they do  are simply fluff pieces full of eye candy and very little , if any, really useful info passed out.......  did you think they did it this way by accident                                                                                                     

break the rules and you will be perma banned,  but  the rules are never listed............................................. are you seeing a pattern here yet

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
On 10/5/2017 at 0:44 AM, NeoIsTaken said:

Where is the detailed guide on clans?

I thought I could figure it out, but I have many questions.

Inviting, Rights distribution, resource access. The only thing I could find was in WOWT and said #5 was right to disband clan, and everyone but recruits had it. 
I assume there is something besides Dalia explaining it

In case you haven't seen the info about clans in the Team Play forum, I can give you some basics. And for anyone else new to Clans.

The Clan Commander has the authority to invite and remove players. The Cmdr can make the buildings and do all of the other functions that are added. You can designate Deputy Commanders who have the same access. You can change yourself from Commander and assign that to someone else, but then that person has all the authority. There is a Recruiter office and that person can invite and remove players, but doesn't have any other authority. There are plans for a Builder office for using oil to make the buildings, but it is not active yet. Line Officer is the basic member rank.

You can send invites in the game by opening a chat window with a player in the port. Right clicking from there allows you to access that person's profile and if they are not in a clan, there will be an Invite to Clan button to send the player an invite. You can also reach the player profile from the main WoWs page by searching on a player name to get the same Invite to Clan button. Players can send an application to a Clan from the Clan page in game by typing in the Clan tag and then sending the application.

Oil is earned from collecting (not opening) containers. Currently, for your three daily containers (2k, 12.5k and 37k) you MUST collect manually to earn oil. If you let the game collect the containers for you, you will not earn oil at this time. Other containers, like the Yamamoto, October Revolution and other purchased containers also earn 10 oil apiece. You can also earn oil in daily missions and Clan Battles as described in their details.

To set up a 7 person division for Clan Battles you have to be a senior officer in the Clan. As far as I know, the Commander, Deputy Commander and the Recruiter all have this power, but the Line Officers currently do not. Only the person setting up the CB division has to be a senior officer, the rest can be Line Officers.

The Clan Buildings have their descriptions in the Clan page. Basically, Shipyards from T5-T8 give a 10% ship purchase cost discount. Docks provide a 10% discount on the service cost for DDs, CL/CAs, BBs and CVs. Research buildings give an extra 3% XP for the nation that you build. The HQ staff building expand the clan by 10 for each one you build, but they are expensive in Oil. The Rostral column will have future benefits and the cost will come down, but no details yet.

In game there is a clan message board. You can put up a daily message for everyone to see and the members that are in game are displayed. People can chat with each other in this board and everyone in the Clan can see it. Just below the clan name at the top, is a note board where the Cmdr can enter a description of the Clan.

Right by the Clan name is the Clan Level in Roman Numerals. Any member has to collect the Clan Level in oil to have access to the building bonuses. So if your Clan is level IV, you have to collect 40 oil (4 containers) to get the bonuses. Level V is 50 and so on. There are set levels of oil collected to make you Clan Level go up and right now 12 is the max, but I expect that to change in the future. More buildings and features are planned, but no details yet.

If you have any other questions I can answer them to the best of my ability, but the Team Play forum has lots of good info.

GL&FS

[TAFFY]
[TAFFY]
Members
9 posts
10,262 battles

Yea how do you remove a player from a clan I was just made the recruiter for our clan and we have some inactive players we want to send on their way to get some players who would actually like to contribute to the group

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
On 1/4/2018 at 12:17 AM, Dawggy69 said:

Yea how do you remove a player from a clan I was just made the recruiter for our clan and we have some inactive players we want to send on their way to get some players who would actually like to contribute to the group

Click on the player check box to be removed. There will appear a button called Exclude at the bottom of the screen. Hit that and that is how you drop someone from your clan.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

Once you get to 60 oil and everything "unlocks", do you ever LOSE oil? Like if you don't play for a few days and come back, is the oil back to zero and you have to start over? The extra percentages you get when you unlock at 60, does it show up in the battle results info? Or do we just assume we are getting it? And hi Kizarvexis :Smile_honoring:

I just reached 60 last night.

Edited by Deputy276

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
18 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Once you get to 60 oil and everything "unlocks", do you ever LOSE oil? Like if you don't play for a few days and come back, is the oil back to zero and you have to start over? The extra percentages you get when you unlock at 60, does it show up in the battle results info? Or do we just assume we are getting it? And hi Kizarvexis :Smile_honoring:

I just reached 60 last night.

Hi Deputy276. I think we answered your question in chat, but I will put it here too for others. 

If you are not in a clan, you do not gather oil at all. Once you are in a clan gathering oil, you don't lose it for that clan. Oil only adds.

Let's say that you join clan A. All the oil you collect, goes to clan A to use for buildings. That same amount is also copied to a hidden wallet that is all the oil you have collected. WG has said that this hidden wallet will be used in the future, but they didn't specify details. Let's say that Clan A is a level V clan, then you need to collect 50 oil to get access to any building bonuses. When the clan gathers enough oil, it will be a level VI clan and you will need to have gathered 60 total oil for access to the buildings. Not 60 new oil, but 60 total in the clan. The clan levels go to 12 right now, so once you get over 120 oil, you should be set for awhile until WG expands the clan levels. Don't stop gathering oil though as WG keeps adding buildings and some of them cost tens of thousands of oil.

Let's say you leave clan A and do not join another clan. All the oil you earned for clan A stays with them, your hidden personal wallet goes with you and you stop earning oil because you are no longer in a clan. So you join clan B. Your personal wallet goes with you and you have to start earning oil for the new clan to get access to their buildings. Oil you earned in clan A doesn't count for clan B. Let's say that clan B is a level VIII clan. Then you need to collect 80 oil for clan B to get access to their buildings. Any oil you earn in clan B is also counted in your personal wallet for its future use

If anyone has questions, I can answer with what I know. Another good place for clan info is the Team Play forum.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

Thanks Kiz. I got it 100% and am collecting oil every day. :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Thanks Kiz. I got it 100% and am collecting oil every day. :Smile_Default:

Shiny. Have fun and enjoy the clan. It is a good bunch of people.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
6 hours ago, Northernkaizer said:

how do you cancel an invite?

I am not sure. Since I started the PvE clan, I have only been sending invites, not receiving them.

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles
6 hours ago, Northernkaizer said:

how do you cancel an invite?

There is a "decline" button on the Applications page in Clan Management screen in port for those who apply and you either don't want or can not accommodate. If you apply to a clan and change your mind, there probably is an option on the "clan" page on the website but I can't say for sure.

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,615 battles

How do you gain access to the shipyard to get the discount when researching a ship? The shipyard is 3/4 built but when I go to research a tier v ship I don't see a discount.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles

7 minutes ago, bkhorn said:

How do you gain access to the shipyard to get the discount when researching a ship? The shipyard is 3/4 built but when I go to research a tier v ship I don't see a discount.

Those buildings are discounts for the silver cost of the ship. I wish that there was an XP discount building, but I don't know if WG will do that. They did say that more buildings are coming, but nothing on if they would be new types or just more of the types that are already in game. I'm hoping for a little of both.

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,615 battles

I thought it said a discount for the cost of Research not buying. Isn't there a difference?

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles

Yes, the clan buildings for T5 - T8 ship discount, is for the silver cost. The description says discount for researched ships, past tense. If you look in the tech tree, you will see the ship discounts there.

wuNchnK.jpg

The yellow stickers show ships that have a silver discount. The other number is the XP needed for the ship.

uQe5Scf.jpg

• Cool 1

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,615 battles

AHH said the blind man. I didn't see that. That explains all the discounts. Thank You!

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
8 hours ago, bkhorn said:

AHH said the blind man. I didn't see that. That explains all the discounts. Thank You!

You are welcome. I was confused at first as well.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
896 posts
5,915 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clans

Nothing on deleting a clan in the wiki.

@Radar_X or @Gneisenau013, is there anything on deleting a clan?

I think only the Commanding Officer can disband the clan, but can verify this when I'm back in on Monday.

#anchorsaweigh

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
18 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I think only the Commanding Officer can disband the clan, but can verify this when I'm back in on Monday.

#anchorsaweigh

I'm back home. I'm the Cmdr for PVE. I don't see anything about disbanding the clan. There is a leave the clan when you click on the clan name. Maybe if no one is in the clan and the Cmdr leaves the clan, then it would be effectively deleted as no one could join. But, unless WG does some type of check for empty clans, it would still hold the name even if no one was in it.

Best bet, would be to advertise in the clan section to see if someone wants to join to clan and then hand the clan over to them.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,820 posts
5,497 battles

If it works like WoT, only the commander can disband a clan.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,677 battles
On 7/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

#anchorsaweigh

Out of experience (unfortunately) if the Commanding Officer leaves the clan, the clan gets deleted/disbanded.