Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Next Skill for Gearing after the first 13 pt?

4 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts

Currently I have close to 16 pt for Gearing. I have used up 13 pt in the following build:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001001010000000000116

I would like to see your suggestions on the next skill. SE, AR, TA? I would like to have a torpedo oriented build but my survival rate is too low at the moment...

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

I would go SE, because gearing takes a lot of damage from AP shells.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,390 battles

I recommend TA if you do want to favor abit more on torpedo play. but if your finding yourself taking alot of fire SE never hurts

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

well, I would start with Priority target. Not sure it is that good on a DD. You should expect to be targeted each time that you are detected really. Preventive maintenance seems much better, since rudder or engine damage pretty much means death. Even if Last Stand helps a lot.

Survivability expert is a must on all DDs imo. Extra HP makes you last longer and makes the difference when you face another Gearing.

after that, it depends really. Torpedo acceleration is quite nice since the Gearings range is insane already.

I prefer demolition expert to basic firing training, but both are probably a good choice. Demolition is better on large target, while firing training helps against DDs. Now I find that after 6.3.0, 1Vs1 DD fights are much rarer.

my 2 cents

Sign in to follow this