Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

"I feel like the Algerie has not done much"

24 comments in this topic

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

Near the end of the game defending cap and holding the East flank with little help (we lost a Scharn early on on my E side - lots of bombs and torps)...  Checked my damage totals and cleared 64K at the time - just after a VERY long range torp hit sinking a DD...  Also #1 on the team additionally.

Not a huge game but better than most games the last few days....

World of Warships - Algerie 65820.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,552 posts

Don't worry, you're not the only one who gets this treatment...

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles

Nice job!  Algerie is a blast (kept it) and I just got the CM fully upgraded.  Very fun line!

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,048 battles

Algerie is such a good ship for long term kiting, harassment and alpha strike shenanigans.  I got that special speed boost upgrade in a SC and can run at 37kts at nearly 4.5 mins at a time on a charge.  It's so damn fun.

Anyway, my policy is that if you're going to lose, lose so damn well that if your teammates get salty at you for surviving late game, you can disregard them.  Don't let their disappointment in the loss snowball into yours, die knowing you contributed as best you could regardless of the hopeless situation.

[FML]
Members
1,752 posts
10,126 battles

I did well in the Algerie - it is better than the other tier 7 cruisers other than the Fiji and Belfast - but I found that it was very difficult to carry in her. You do a lot of damage when you win, you do quite a bit when you lose, but for the most part you can't change a loss into a win.

The Charles Martel, on the other hand, does seem to have carry potential, and it is prolly the strongest tier 8 cruiser. Kept mine. 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,625 posts
3,364 battles

Heh.  Same sort of thing.  Tonight, I was playing my KGV and got thrown into a T9 match on 2 brothers.  We were down a DD, as well as a BB.  Their side focuses on our flank, and murderballs, so we fell back.  The other flank, however, failed to capitalize on that, and stalled.  In the end, we were overrun, but not before someone over on the weak side said "f***ing morons on the west flank."

Excuse me.  I was too busy doing 152,000 damage and scoring a High Caliber to notice how poorly my fighting withdrawal was working. :Smile_teethhappy:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,487 posts
3,435 battles

Happens to me a bit more often than I'd like in lopsided matches, especially when I'm attempting to play an aggressive BB (KM BBs) or play a bit more aggressively as a cruiser (I mean, I could just back camp with Henri or Zao and spam away, but that's not always fun). I go and resort to solo'ing the flank that everyone else either retreated from or went completely opposite of what was being demanded of at the start, and sometimes die early. Then get insulted in chat, but when that score comes up at the end, I'm in top 5 despite dying 10 minutes in. Sometimes with more damage dealt than others despite others securing the kills.

While I prefer not to get dragged into stupid arguments, t's especially funny when someone else on the team states; "At least they (meaning myself) still did more than you'll do the rest of the match." Followed by incoherent raging that only makes them do worse. Like that one retarded HE-spamming KGV that sat in the cap the whole damn match taking max-range potshots instead of either helping hold a flank or more proactively advancing alongside the rest of the group for a base rush.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

People are always looking to blame someone. Sometimes it is deserved, (potatoes). Sometimes its ill placed.  

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles

At least you didn't get yelled at for not wanting to sail to your doom in a Scharn with 3k HP left because your KGV wanted to push 8 cruisers saying "They're only cruisers, what are you doing??" (among other things).  Yeah, he died rather quickly.

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,781 battles

French CA's from tier 7 up are a blast to play. The Saint Louis at tier 9 feels like the only low point, and that's mostly cause its not as good tier-for-tier as the Charles before it. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
5 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

French CA's from tier 7 up are a blast to play. The Saint Louis at tier 9 feels like the only low point, and that's mostly cause its not as good tier-for-tier as the Charles before it. 

Personally, I thought French Cruisers from Tier V-VIII sucked or were very mediocre.  From Tier IX Saint-Louis onward however, that is an absolutely different story.  S-L was fabulous.

[OPG]
Members
3,969 posts
5,667 battles
26 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

I absolutely loved the Saint Louis.  The Martel is an amazing ship, but the Saint Louis' heal and ability to mount the Tier 9 module just pushed it over the edge for me.  The thing with the Martel is I find I actually want to be bottom tier in it, since it performs so phenomenally well against Tier 10 BB.   So when ever I'm in a Tier 10 battle I can't help but wish...."if only I had the Saint Louis".

But then again, when the Martel does get to be top tier, I pity any Tier 6 that has to face it.  They're both fantastic ships, but I rate the ability to mount a heal very highly.  On top of that the current state of Tier 8 MM means the Martel frequently finds itself in the same battles as the Saint Louis anyway.  

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

This is going to be hearsay but I think I like the La Gal better than the Algerie.  Just can't get it to work as well as I could the La Gal.  Can't get within 14 KM of any ship without getting hammered.  My survival rate is absolutely laughable and in all measures i am better in the La Gal - hell my torp hit rate in the La Gal is double digits.  I will admit I have more games in the Algerie than La Gal but I have never had stats better than the La Gal when grinding the Algerie.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

french line  is all about stay at long, dodge and start fire.      as such, they all do good dmg if you play it right.    algerie was a good ship and still in my port even though I have CM.  

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,784 posts
9,812 battles

11 hours ago, _Fantomex_ said:

The Saint Louis at tier 9 feels like the only low point, and that's mostly cause its not as good tier-for-tier as the Charles before it. 

Would you like to check the post in the link provided. t9/t10 game with 13 citadel hit from the StLew-ee is something to think about.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Called out "you did nothing" in game is what I call the Bronze Salt Trophy.

Next step up is Silver which is being called a Hacker, Cheater in game. Good luck on working towards that achievement.

Golden Salt Trophy is only reserved for those who get PMed with a long rant after the game.

EDIT: Platinum is for those elite Salt miners that can get Salty forum posts, with a S for sprinkles, if said thread gets locked/deleted.

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,784 posts
9,812 battles

Well ..... if anyone would like to check out all the post in the French Cruiser sub-forum, they will think other wise. And lastly, there in game function "block chat" ... I am not hesitate to use them

1 minute ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

Thats what I call the Bronze Salt Trophy.

Next step up is Silver which is being called a Hacker, Cheater in game. Good luck on working towards that achievement.

Golden Salt Trophy is only reserved for those who get PMed with a long rant after the game.

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

Yeah - never going to get that....  ;)

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

This is going to be hearsay but I think I like the La Gal better than the Algerie.  Just can't get it to work as well as I could the La Gal.  Can't get within 14 KM of any ship without getting hammered.  My survival rate is absolutely laughable and in all measures i am better in the La Gal - hell my torp hit rate in the La Gal is double digits.  I will admit I have more games in the Algerie than La Gal but I have never had stats better than the La Gal when grinding the Algerie.

And then I have a game like this.....

World of Warships - Algerie 79364.PNG

[OPG]
Members
3,969 posts
5,667 battles

The best part about the Martel is when you get up tiered into Tier 10 battles......:cap_haloween:

Spoiler

shot-17.10.02_15.26.43-0742.jpg

shot-17.09.30_16.03.36-0334.jpg

Sign in to follow this