Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mous1

carrier aa and defencive fire

5 comments in this topic

Members
260 posts
3,427 battles

Pls make carriers at tier 6 have defensive fire and have good aa.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

You can boost Captain skills and ship upgrades to the point necessary at T6.  Really, any CV should be able to take care of itself with a bit of map awareness.

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

Carriers can indeed defend themselves with upgraded AA especially at tier 6. Ryujo and Independence can throw up some serious flak and both are agile enough to dance thier way around Torpedoes. Although I wouldn't complain if Kaga got defensive fire :P

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,478 battles

From September 2016, and still remains one of my favorite CV moments that I witnessed, even at the cost of my team's victory.

On 15/09/2016 at 8:04 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Side but funny fact:  RJ has Secondaries, Independence doesn't.  We lost this match.  The enemy RJ player rushed the cap, dodging and shooting down bombers, and got into a knife fight with our Independence who found out his ship didn't have Secondaries.  The Arizona?  Both of our CVs completely ignored this ship that is notorious for a lack of AA when she was spotted wayyy in the Southeast of the map.  She made it into brawling range without being attacked until it was way too late.

7JCF3Xe.jpg

I PM'ed the RJ player after the match to congradulate him on his Manly Move.

Femennenly's Ryujo sailed from the south of the map with no more planes, and got into secondaries range with our CVs in the North.  Dodging bombers, shooting down bombers at the same time.  Our CVs had this match well in hand but still [edited] it up, and this was when Tier IV-V CVs still had Manual Attacks.

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,554 battles
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, mous1 said:

Pls make carriers at tier 6 have defensive fire and have good aa.

It also helps if your moving your ship around, don't stay stationary. If you haven't spotted the enemy CVs' strike package, your probably the target.

Sign in to follow this