You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HellSpeak

Things other than ships I would like to see in the game

18 comments in this topic

[ODIN]
Members
55 posts
14,222 battles

First start with I really dig this game. So awesome to get my mind off 

my troubles. Anyway back to if you would like anything added to the game or eve taken away from. What would it be?

i love realism so some of these request are of that nature.

A. heavy sea states. One where the bow comes out of the water and crashes down and huge water over the vessel. Seas with white caps or heavy gale.

B. Lightning or rain that is regional on the map and moves like real storms do. For instance while in a rain squall u r blind nor can u see into one 

C. Higher detailed damage model with internal structure 

D. Secondary explosions. Like when a bb capsizes cracks in peices and there can be multiple detonations and not all at once. 

E. Ships Get bows blow off by torps and u get a lot of lost hp then u lose speed

F. Better water detail and be able to view your ship under water while underway

G. Free cammera from ship so u can see your splashes behind islands

H. Have a button to keep turrets centerline 

H. Have missions with hypothetical match ups or historical battles. Stop working about balance make players fight the odds and give them a lot of space in return. 

I know now these may not get implemented but it would be cool if they did 

• Cool 4

Members
6,903 posts
7,508 battles

The game engine won't support some of those, some are completely irrelevant, some are just...seriously? And one, and one only, that many would like as well: Button for keeping turrets centerline.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles

Actually I can see why you might want to see these in the game.  One thing I'd like to see is secondary batteries training on their targets rather than just staying in a fixed position. About the only one I don't see the purpose of is being able to see your ship while underwater.

Still, the more things you have like this, the more demand there are on the system, the more you'll see "lag" events and the worse those lags will be.  So I suspect you need to balance things a bit for those with lower capacity systems.

Members
1,044 posts
8,288 battles
37 minutes ago, JustCause4twenty said:

There is key to do that. in default controls it's Z

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,612 posts
5,943 battles
28 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Actually I can see why you might want to see these in the game.  One thing I'd like to see is secondary batteries training on their targets rather than just staying in a fixed position. 

They do this already.  Always have.

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles
1 minute ago, _V12 said:

They do this already.  Always have.

Wow, played over 3,000 games and never seen this happen.  

I guess I'll play around with the graphics settings and see if I can make this happen.

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,612 posts
5,943 battles
4 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I guess I'll play around with the graphics settings and see if I can make this happen.

You have to be within secondary range.  They don't track air targets if that's what you mean.

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles
49 minutes ago, JustCause4twenty said:

heavy sea states. 

Some games have this so you have to adjust your aim accordingly. Jingles plays one in his videos sometimes. However, the game is limited to a very few ships, probably due to the processing involved plus the time it takes to actually land shells on an opponent.

u r blind

This happens during cyclones.

internal structure 

Would be interesting but costly to model for all the ships.

Secondary explosions

Again, it would add unnecessary cost to the game.

u get a lot of lost hp then u lose speed

You already get this when you get an engine incapacitated.

Better water detail and be able to view your ship under water while underway

Have you looked closely at the waterline in a calm sea? You can see the props spin up.

Free camera from ship so u can see your splashes behind islands

Try using the center mouse button or "Z" to see your shells travel.

Have a button to keep turrets centerline

Have you tried Ctrl-X?

Have missions with hypothetical match ups or historical battles

I would like to see historical scenarios. As for hypothetical matchups, have you played the scenarios?

Edited by Snargfargle

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,835 battles
1 hour ago, JustCause4twenty said:

B. Lightning or rain that is regional on the map and moves like real storms do. For instance while in a rain squall u r blind nor can u see

I would like ships to fade or transition into view as you approach it in smoke or cyclone.  The all on or all off is irritating.  Maybe the targeting doesn't happen but you can see an outline to shoot at as you close.

[SYN]
Members
345 posts
6,156 battles
53 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Look for Animate Small Objects.

Edited by MikeLWX

[LEGIO]
Members
2,986 posts
5,407 battles

I mostly agree with all of these. Especially the weather and sea-states one. The cyclone feature was a good start but its visual effects are underwhelming.

Also better AA visual effects. I want streams of tracers.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

Going to poke my nose in here and vote no on pretty much all of that except turrets on the centerline and local weather effects.

On the specific topic of the heavy weather, I just want to say I hope they never put anything like that in game. It would make fighting pretty nearly impossible., and it would also be really fun to have to slow everyone's ship down by like half, or more. 

While I'm not going to say they have everything in there, they have actually got subsystems in the ships and they have most of the ones that would really impact combat performance in the immediate battle (by that I mean, a ship's engines can be knocked out, which is bad in the here and now, but a ship can't have it's freezer reefer knocked out, thus ruining the ship's supplys of meat, forcing an early return to a port to revictual the ship due to rations running short). Sure there could be more things put in for certain, but other than making the game of a pain in the [edited]when you're being shot, what real change would this cause?

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Keep turrets on center line?  as in when your just cruising around before a battle they stay put?  I could see how that would be helpful, esp for ships with that dreadful 72s traverse.

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,797 battles

Im all for heavy seas, but not to really influence the battle to the point of ships not being able to target each other. But i would love to see a ship come crashing down on the water from the roll of a wave...

I would go as far to throw water droplets on the players screen when zoomed out as shells land nearby. 

The storms are very underwhelming in effects... I think it woukd be great to see water mist coming on or around the ship as the wind pick up. More rain is needed, more darkness to the map in general. Lightning would be nice.

Fora better damage model visually im all for it. I say when you take torpedoes... There should be some giant wholes in your ship. 

Secondary explosions would be nice, and dp artillery i wish would be animated to attacking aircraft above i hate that they dont show that. Also AAA in General is underwhelming IMO effects wise.. It does need some enhancing.

It woukd be cool to see torpedo bombers drop their torpedoes. 

Oh and while on the subject of planes.... Give stukas the dive siren! 

A centerline buttom wouod be very useful for ships with lengthy turrey traverse.

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 05/10/2017 at 2:29 AM, JustCause4twenty said:

A. heavy sea states. One where the bow comes out of the water and crashes down and huge water over the vessel. Seas with white caps or heavy gale.

B. Lightning or rain that is regional on the map and moves like real storms do. For instance while in a rain squall u r blind nor can u see into one 

C. Higher detailed damage model with internal structure 

D. Secondary explosions. Like when a bb capsizes cracks in peices and there can be multiple detonations and not all at once. 

E. Ships Get bows blow off by torps and u get a lot of lost hp then u lose speed

F. Better water detail and be able to view your ship under water while underway

H. Have a button to keep turrets centerline 

H. Have missions with hypothetical match ups or historical battles. Stop working about balance make players fight the odds and give them a lot of space in return. 

Thanks for all of your suggestions @JustCause4twenty and for all of the other contributions on this discussion. We will look into the areas you have mentioned you would like us to focus on. Many thanks everyone!

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles

I think those would be awesome.

If it wasn't as visually appealing as it is now I wouldn't be playing as much as I do.

I'd like to see the occasional sea gull, whale, sasquatch peeking around a tree, etc.