You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

a single BB shell should be able to cut a DD in half!!!1!!

64 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,632 battles

"a single BB shell should be able to cut a DD in half!!!1!!" -- says every braindead BB main

as a DD player, I would be fine with that if a single torp hit would for example, jam the BBs rudder for the remainder of the game, or flood the BB so that the speed is reduced to 1/4 of its top speed for the remainder of the game, ect

cant wait for the incoming BB AP nerf when hitting DDs, bc right now their AP does way too much dmg to DDs

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Just like how the grosser kurfurst I just dev striked with 8 torps in my fletcher five mins ago wishes torps didn't do that much damage.:cap_cool:

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,493 battles

Behindyourfail is at it again. News at 11.

• Cool 6

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,632 battles
1 minute ago, knice_destroyer said:

Just like how the grosser kurfurst I just dev striked with 8 torps in my fletcher five mins ago wishes torps didn't do that much damage.:cap_cool:

its ok for a DD to kill BBs, they are supposed to counter them, but its definitely not ok for BBs to kill DD though, thats not how this game supposed to work

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
Just now, behindurback said:

its ok for a DD to kill BBs, they are supposed to counter them, but its definitely not ok for BBs to kill DD though, thats not how this game supposed to work

Its rng with that crapman, sometime u get wrecked if u overextended or got lit up with radar, sometimes u wreck them.  Run survivability expert on your dds, you will last longer.

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,703 battles
7 minutes ago, behindurback said:

"a single BB shell should be able to cut a DD in half!!!1!!" -- says every braindead BB main

as a DD player, I would be fine with that if a single torp hit would for example, jam the BBs rudder for the remainder of the game, or flood the BB so that the speed is reduced to 1/4 of its top speed for the remainder of the game, ect

cant wait for the incoming BB AP nerf when hitting DDs, bc right now their AP does way too much dmg to DDs

8qwJMwi.jpg.98d79b8eb32f22f74f09a7e0bc4e51af.jpg

• Cool 6

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
On 05/10/2017 at 0:48 AM, behindurback said:

So you just want BBs to be floating xp pinatas for your torping pleasure, where they can't fight back all and can only sit back and let you [edited] them into oblivion and not be able to defend themselves at all?

Sure buddy, but only if cruisers get to [edited] you with their never ending radar that can magically see through islands and smoke while being able to tank all of your weapons with ease while you can only sit back and take it without being able to defend yourself at all. :cap_book:

• Cool 5

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts

Cut DD in half. Sounds like a specialization/national flavor thing. Maybe a second Japanese line with Ronin or Samauri theme. Oh! I have it! Something like the porcupine trucks from mad max fury road! It’s a ship that has a giant saw blade on some long azz articulated arm. You stun the enemy crew with HE, shoot out the engine and then pull alongside to cut them in half! 

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
6 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

It’s a ship that has a giant saw blade on some long azz articulated arm. You stun the enemy crew with HE, shoot out the engine and then pull alongside to cut them in half! 

This was my solution to the Asian carp taking over our river systems

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
20 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

ahh see what u did there mr fox. Damn editing.

bW0QoQ2.jpg

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles
41 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Then again, if we're going for "reality" here, the torpedo bulge of the GK would work considerably better than the bulge of the Yamato.  Large void bulges fill with water quite quickly, cause severe listing, and slow the ship quite a bit.  Liquid-filled baffled bulges maintain a rough equilibrium when hit, don't flood out, and only reduce speed due to changes in hydrodynamics.

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,161 battles

Formatting and grammar are your friends

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,782 posts
9,798 battles

Tear of Desert map - EpicKemper mode (everyone favourite in t10 game)

Driving my Bis and SMACKED 2 DDs using my German Built hydro acoustic, it not the ship counter, it just me and my SHIP

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

OP has no idea. If this were REAL LIFE, our multtude of secondaries would be manually controllable, and could easily put an end to this debate.

Think Missouri is mean with radar and 16 inchers? wait til you think you are safe at 10km, and then all of our 5 inch DP guns open up on your ship, let alone the 16 inch 2700 lb. volkswagons.

Both sides of your argument can happen, OP: Sometimes, the 16 inch shell overpens or even ricochets at an angle.... Sometimes it punches right into your ammo/torp stowage, and you detonate...

And, sometimes the BB is not so easy to kill with a single DD, sometimes its too easy.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

BB AP darn near does that now.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing more info on the nerf.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

I have a huge haul of DDs killed by BBs, many by my secondaries, including a couple of double kills. It is not easy in a slow BB, but decent gunnery helps. A lot! And I have been sunk just as often by a stealth torping DD without being able to do anything about it! Much Ado About Nothing...its' a game. Live with it!

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, behindurback said:

jipfxcg.gif

[IX]
Members
213 posts
5,239 battles
On 2017-10-04 at 7:53 PM, Kitsunelegend said:

So you just want BBs to be floating xp pinatas for your torping pleasure, where they can't fight back all and can only sit back and let you raep them into oblivion and not be able to defend themselves at all?

Sure buddy, but only if cruisers get to raep you with their never ending radar that can magically see through islands and smoke while being able to tank all of your weapons with ease while you can only sit back and take it without being able to defend yourself at all. :cap_book:

learn to switch ammo type

Edited by panther5001