You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

The coddling of tier 4 needs to end...

90 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,347 battles

I don't think I'm alone in this in saying that tier 5 and 6 are more often then not get screwed my MM heavily and are constantly up tiered. This is of course is due to the fact that tier 4 only gets +1 matchmaking rather then the standard +2. This really screws with matchmaking for tier 5 and 6 and means they will usually be up tiered. This really has to stop, there is a lot of good tier 5 and 6 ships that I like to play but rarely do because I know I'll be up tiered and while in DDs this is usually not an issue, for CLs\CAs and BBs however it can reduce you to a near useless state. 

WG really needs to stop this whole coddling of tier 4, it doesn't help new players because as soon as they graduate tier 4 to 5 they will come into contact with the brutal tier 5mm. WoT players in tier 4 have to deal with +2 MM why should this game be any different. WG please end this coddling of tier 4 its not helping new players and its not making things better for veteran players who might want to play with some lower tier ships again but are discouraged because of terrible matchmaking.

• Cool 18

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Especially since most tier 4 ships got their range buffed so now it's not tier 5 cruisers kiting tier 4 BBs.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles

No no, you've got it all wrong: they don't need to make T4 +/-2, they need to make everyone else +/-1  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 27

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Its called spend money to get to tier 10 the end game.  The only solution to never being uptiered is to only play tier 10, buy premium time, and run permanent camo on all your tier 10's, if not your just crapout of luck.

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,725 battles

Exactly what i thought with my poor Orion:Smile_sad:

I'm in love with her,she deserve to get more cit hits with her mighty HE:Smile_hiding:

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,527 battles

I wholeheartedly agree it's not fun have a friend who just started a few months back we've been divisioning and he's at tier 5 i try to use ships that match speed that sadly means pulling out Marblehead since he's going down the US Cruiser line it's sucks seeing tier 7.

Edited by yamato6945

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
24 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

I wholeheartedly agree it's not fun have a friend who just started a few months back we've been divisioning and he's at tier 5 i try to use ships that match speed that sadly means pulling out Marblehead since he's going down the US Cruiser line it's sucks seeing tier 7

PUNCTUATION!  USE IT!!!

• Cool 4

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

PUNCTUATION!  USE IT!!!

Just read things like Speed Racer and add the "ahhhhh" to the end.  Suddenly it makes perfect sense.

• Cool 2

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
53 minutes ago, pikohan said:

No no, you've got it all wrong: they don't need to make T4 +/-2, they need to make everyone else +/-1  :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, they just need to make them ALL + - 1. 

• Cool 5

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,615 battles
8 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Yeah, they just need to make them ALL + - 1. 

This makes for stale game play. Trust me, they did it to world of tanks blitz and it has made the game become boring. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,070 posts
4,500 battles

A couple days ago I brought my Iwaki Alpha into a Tier VI battle with a friend. It was surprisingly competitive. Managed to get around 50k damage, a kill and managed to survive to the end of the battle even though I was everyone's favorite target.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

This is WG learning from their experience from WoT. A lot of new players in WoT quit because WoT low tier was extremely punishing due to the game mechanics. 

Like it or not, players don't want to keep playing if they lost the initial few rounds or feel completely inadequate in the first few games. Majority of the people would just stop playing if they don't win the first few rounds.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,306 posts
681 battles
4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

This is WG learning from their experience from WoT. A lot of new players in WoT quit because WoT low tier was extremely punishing due to the game mechanics. 

Like it or not, players don't want to keep playing if they lost the initial few rounds or feel completely inadequate in the first few games. Majority of the people would just stop playing if they don't win the first few rounds.

Do you honestly think the ones who would quit because of that aren't quitting when they hit the wall at tier 5?  Because being bottom tier in 75% of your games as a new player still learning the game is incredibly frustrating.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
5,604 posts
18,201 battles
33 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

This makes for stale game play. Trust me, they did it to world of tanks blitz and it has made the game become boring. 

Yeah such fun now with everyone behind islands or in smoke.... Stale, slow, boring is the meta now. 

• Cool 2

[_AFW_]
Members
983 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, knice_destroyer said:

Its called spend money to get to tier 10 the end game.  The only solution to never being uptiered is to only play tier 10, buy premium time, and run permanent camo on all your tier 10's, if not your just crapout of luck.

There is a problem with that also. Tier 9-10 has become infected with players who just have no clue, pretty much complete imbeciles when it comes to playing this game. They still play like they just installed the game 5 minutes ago. Sailing broadside, suiciding, firing the wrong type of shell 80% of the time....etc. They may be awesome people in real life, but in this game they have no clue. Not saying there are not good players in the higher tiers, there are, but they are becoming overwhelmed by the bads. Getting harder and harder to carry.

• Cool 5

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
566 posts
3,796 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah such fun now with everyone behind islands or in smoke.... Stale, slow, boring is the meta now. 

Wargaming only has themselves to blame for that by mechanic changes.  Stealth firing allowed low tier/highly damaged ships to contribute to the game and stay mobile.  Right now it feels like we are playing The Division with cover mechanics.

Members
1,044 posts
8,288 battles

I think WOWS needs supertiers:

1. WWI
  2. Between wars
  3. WWII
  4. Post-war era

and MM +/- 1. This way they wont need to think how to balance t7 ship not to be deleted in t9 battle and at the same time not to be incredibly OP in against t5. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,474 posts
5,734 battles

Oh, so you just want to abuse poor Karlsruhe with your Cleveland, scoring one deep penetration after another eh~?

Spoiler

59d592f9c19ae_ScreenShot2017-10-04at22_02_49.png.728ff66af3296dd2178052c3d42d6a39.png

oh-my-takei.gif

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 4

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

One tier difference ftw 

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
2 hours ago, pastore123 said:

WoT Blitz, that game already sounds like its boring, its a friggin phone app WoT game.....

+ - 1 tier for the real games, yeah, it would be way better.  No more T6s being lol auto penned by T8s, no more T4s being [edited] by T6s.  T8s not being auto penned by Yamatomato auto pen.

Hell, we already cant platoon + - 2 tiers, so crap, if we cant group with it, we shouldnt be able to see it. 

[-K-]
Members
612 posts
4,832 battles

Usually I would agree with the OP in stating that T4 restricted MM should be removed. But when thinking of it, some ships need it.

Can you imagine the T4 CVs vs Cleveland's? or a Danae vs a Fuso or any BB without its smoke? Some ships would certainly do well (Isokaze I'm looking at you there), but others would become greater trash than they are.

To fully remove the +/-1 MM they would need to buff certain ships that could face T6 or T3s vs T5s.