You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
napoleon202

Captain retraining on old ships

9 comments in this topic

[BARON]
Members
1 post
3,882 battles

They need to enable captains to transfer back to lower ships they have served on and were trained on without a retraining period, or at least a shorter one. It sucks to have a high tier captain you can't use in ranked or something because retraining them would take forever, or in my case when you have a high tier ship but would like to play at a lower one for fun and credits when too costly, but for an 18 point captain takes forever. Even if not for all ships in captain's past, letting them retain knowledge of a few you select seems reasonable, and realistic since I doubt a captain forgets their old ship

Edited by napoleon202
clarification and typo

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
15 minutes ago, napoleon202 said:

They need to enable captains to transfer back to lower ships they have served on and were trained on without a retraining period, or at least a shorter one. It sucks to have a high tier captain you can't use in ranked or something because retraining them would take forever, or in my case when you have a high tier ship but would like to play at a lower one for fun and credits when too costly, but for an 18 point captain takes forever. Even if not for all ships in captain's past, letting them retain knowledge of a few you select seems reasonable, and realistic since I doubt a captain forgets their old ship

In some respects they do.

My krasny captain also shares my buddyonny.

[LHG]
Members
1,657 posts
4,930 battles

I think what he is saying is that a captain, once they are fully trained on a vessel, should not need to be retrained if at some point the player wants to transfer them back to that ship. 

Makes sense, just kind of depends on what demands that perpetual tracking would put on the system. Of course it might also impact WG's revenue stream which might make it less attractive to them. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[LOU1]
Members
3,058 posts
8,140 battles

This is one of those little bits of realism.  There is always a training period IRL.  Even when you don't transfer to new equipment, there is proficiency training to keep skills up.

Then, there is the revenue stream thing...

[HINON]
Members
9,045 posts

This is one way WG makes some money so I would be unlikely to change. They get money from those paying doubloons to retrain instantly and this is also a strength of buying premium ships. It captains remembered all their ships it would undercut the power and allure of premiums. I also suppose premium time is another thing that helps speed up retraining and flags for that matter.

[HELLS]
Members
1,703 posts
15,579 battles
28 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This is one way WG makes some money so I would be unlikely to change. They get money from those paying doubloons to retrain instantly and this is also a strength of buying premium ships. It captains remembered all their ships it would undercut the power and allure of premiums. I also suppose premium time is another thing that helps speed up retraining and flags for that matter.

''Show Me The Money!!''

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
1 hour ago, napoleon202 said:

reasonable, and realistic

Right there is were you are mistaken . For one thing this is an arcade game not a simulator type game so realism takes a back seat . They make money off of this and have not done it with WoT or WoWp so very unlikely here in WoWs .