Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Conqueror is not OP, nerf Flamu instead

227 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
821 posts
6,190 battles

I love Flamu's vids, but his crying about the Conqueror's OPness is not justified.

 

I will not get into prolonged arguments, but to simply state the fact that Conqueror's WR is only 51.33%.


Compared to other T10 BBs:
GK: 51.09%

Yamato: 49.98%

Montana: 49.41%

 

Conqueror does do much more damage on average than the other T10 BBS, but considering most of these damage can be healed (HE/FIRE), the impact of each Conqueror's damage is less than other T10 BBs.

  • Cool 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
590
[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,780 battles

Only a few games in mine so far, and while it can do a lot of damage, it doesn't feel like I can control matches in it the way I can in my Montana.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles
8 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I love Flamu's vids, but his crying about the Conqueror's OPness is not justified.

 

I will not get into prolonged arguments, but to simply state the fact that Conqueror's WR is only 51.33%.


Compared to other T10 BBs:
GK: 51.09%

Yamato: 49.98%

Montana: 49.41%

 

Conqueror does do much more damage on average than the other T10 BBS, but considering most of these damage can be healed (HE/FIRE), the impact of each Conqueror's damage is less than other T10 BBs.

Guess you missed where Flamu sat there at 22km and just spammed HE at that Montana and killed it in less that 4 minutes into the game. And Flamu even complemented that Montana player who did NOTHING WRONG. Flamu simply just tore him apart by just shooting at him, not even shooting for a citadel, or any specific area, just shooting. And also notice how much AA Flamu ripped off that Montana with just plain HE. By the time that Montana sunk, he had almost no AA left.

 

Sorry that is BROKEN.

  • Cool 36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,190 battles
4 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Guess you missed where Flamu sat there at 22km and just spammed HE at that Montana and killed it in less that 4 minutes into the game. And Flamu even complemented that Montana player who did NOTHING WRONG. Flamu simply just tore him apart by just shooting at him, not even shooting for a citadel, or any specific area, just shooting. And also notice how much AA Flamu ripped off that Montana with just plain HE. By the time that Montana sunk, he had almost no AA left.

 

Sorry that is BROKEN.

you base your assessment on one instance and two players? I have had multiple games where I was torp spammed to death by Shima/Gearing 5 min into the game. Should I make a replay and have you conclude that conqueror deserve HydroSearch, and DDs should be nerfed?

 

I base my judgment on comprehensive server wide data. i rest my case.

Edited by _Dracarys
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,601
[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,168 battles

Conqueror is way too forgiving of mistakes, and it exploits the HE camping meta to the max.  Wasted your DCP?  Heal it all back.  Got an angled battleship?  Set them on fire with cancerous HE.  Everyone's camping?  Join the party and farm the most damage.  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,106
[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

As a multiplayer game that relies on skills and experience, I believe that ships should be punished because of their mistakes, positioning mistakes punished by being burned from HE focus fire, angling mistakes by taking heavy irrecoverable citadel hits, poor ammo choice and poor aim punished by shatters, over-penetrations, low damage, and bounces.

I share no remorse nor sympathy for players who have no idea how to play this game and do not wish to improve in any way, they should be pulverized into oblivion, do pathetic damage to skillful players in return, stomped beneath the ocean with their pitiful win rate.

Now you see why I have a problem with this meme called Conqueror. Win rate is one thing. The gameplay experience is another.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
145 posts
1,709 battles

Just going to leave a brief reply here: Nerf Flamu, Conqueror is powerful but not op, and before "hurr you just don't want your ship nerfed", I don't own a Conqueror.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles
4 minutes ago, Submersible_Fox said:

Just going to leave a brief reply here: Nerf Flamu, Conqueror is powerful but not op, and before "hurr you just don't want your ship nerfed", I don't own a Conqueror.

then you havent faced a conqueror

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Please give me more potato Conqs that I can rip apart their broadsides with AP in my Zao :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,556
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

Conqueror is fine.

 

I can see where bow campers would think it was a big problem though.  I've actually noticed a lot less bow camping going on since RN BBs were introduced.  I say leave it as is.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,210
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,826 posts
10,383 battles

Just let me get to Lion, Conqueror's drawing all the flak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,556
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles
Just now, RealNewDeal said:

The RN HE has destroyed the lower tiers, the the Conq is ruining high tier play.

 

Fake news!

 

Lower tiers are fine.  Higher tiers are the same as they've always been.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[-DTM-]
Members
147 posts
4,958 battles
17 minutes ago, Anumati said:

Conqueror is blatantly OP.

Midway is blatantly OP. 

 

Look I can make statements too about ship I have never played. 

 

Conq has weakness that that as a CV main you should have zero problem with them. If you cannot in your CV then your playing that Midway wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Conqueror is fine.

 

I can see where bow campers would think it was a big problem though.  I've actually noticed a lot less bow camping going on since RN BBs were introduced.  I say leave it as is.

While a Conq can cap at 22km and punish bow campers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
419 posts
6,178 battles

I will agree on the simple fact that Conqueror is not OP... yet. And for a very simple reason: right now half of the Conqueror players are as dumb as a brick, to the point where I fear the average Montana player far more than the average Conqueror player, because at least the Montana player probably had to learn the game in order to do well in the most unapreciated tier 10 BB, while Conqueror players are still using the super heal to heal 5k damage when they're at 70k HP.

But the ship itself is more powerful than any other tier 10 BB at the moment, and in the long run, once the number of good Conqueror players gets higher than the number of useless Conqueror players, I can assure that life will be much less fun at tier 10.

It's the Belfast effect, as I like to call. An op ship that half the players still say isn't op because they can always deal with them easily. As such, they judge a ship that's easy to get for the below average player based on the performance of these players, instead of the factual points about the ship and it's superiority to her counterparts.

I think the Conqueror is OP, but the fact everyone keeps saying it is so OP is precisely what made it less OP, by bringing wallet warriors right into the ship, which they don't know how to play because they didn't bothered to do the grind and learn how the line works, just like with the Belfasts I always see trying to use their smoke and running out of it because they were going too fast and didn't slowed down in time.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,322
[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
52 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:
Spoiler

 

I love Flamu's vids, but his crying about the Conqueror's OPness is not justified.

 

I will not get into prolonged arguments, but to simply state the fact that Conqueror's WR is only 51.33%.


Compared to other T10 BBs:
GK: 51.09%

Yamato: 49.98%

Montana: 49.41%

 

Conqueror does do much more damage on average than the other T10 BBS, but considering most of these damage can be healed (HE/FIRE), the impact of each Conqueror's damage is less than other T10 BBs.

 

 

 

OP, you left out some important details. 

 

Cy8cjE4.png

 

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,629 posts
5,565 battles
Just now, Unholy_Phoenix said:

Midway is blatantly OP. 

 

Look I can make statements too about ship I have never played. 

 

Conq has weakness that that as a CV main you should have zero problem with them. If you cannot in your CV then your playing that Midway wrong. 

 

You are so bad at this its kinda sad.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×