Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blue_Darter

Service Penalty

12 comments in this topic

[JTF67]
Members
19 posts
6,786 battles

perhaps I am just not that observant, but recently I have noticed a penalty to credits based on tier and class. For example, my Iowa was slapped with a -30% credit penalty this morning for a game I won in which I did no damage to allies. I'll readily admit to being a potatoe that doesn't necessarily keep up with current events. Have I missed a change to the economy lately?

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

Had a game like that in my Duke, 5 of us went to the other flank no enemy and me chugging to get around the islands with the Atlanta 2 DD's and a Nelson, my team capped out before I could get my tug to any kind of action , I netted a grand total of 54 silver lol 

[VFW]
Members
929 posts
21,136 battles

Without information of your account, your dmg/xp for the game, what consumables, camo, and standard/premium time...tuff to tell you about why.

BLUF....economy has not changed in many months.  Last change made it a bit easier to get even in high tier.

v/r,

Beta Testers
1,041 posts
13,805 battles

As far as I know there is a flat rate now, weather it is type or tier specific I don't know. Depending on consumables used of course

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,245 battles

You sure it was a penalty and not the reduced service cost flag you had mounted on your ship?

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
15 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

You sure it was a penalty and not the reduced service cost flag you had mounted on your ship?

Or camo, the flag is 10% iirc

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,245 battles
14 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Or camo, the flag is 10% iirc

that too.  Sounds like it was a cost reduction from camo/flags, maybe both that stacked.

Members
3,467 posts
6,156 battles

There is no service penalty and the only change to economy was the straight service cost at all tiers.  High tiers it got harder to make money but it has been in place for awhile.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,663 posts
3,814 battles
On 10/4/2017 at 10:13 AM, murf4321 said:

that too.  Sounds like it was a cost reduction from camo/flags, maybe both that stacked.

The combination of the two with the tier 9 camo's -20% service cost and the flag's -10% service cost would stack up to -30%.

The op might be misinterpreting what that -30% is referring to.

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,245 battles
13 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

The combination of the two with the tier 9 camo's -20% service cost and the flag's -10% service cost would stack up to -30%.

The op might be misinterpreting what that -30% is referring to.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,047 battles

The -30% is a benefit (a good thing) not a penalty (bad thing).  It is a 30% REDUCTION in service costs.

For example, if your service costs are 10000 credits, a -30% reduction would be a 3000 reduction (-30%) in those costs, bringing the costs down from 10000 to 7000.

As others have noted, service cost reductions can be produced in several ways; camo and flags being the most prevalent reduction methods.  The end screen will show you the total reduction as well as itemize where those deduction originate.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,663 posts
3,814 battles
28 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The -30% is a benefit (a good thing) not a penalty (bad thing).  It is a 30% REDUCTION in service costs.

For example, if your service costs are 10000 credits, a -30% reduction would be a 3000 reduction (-30%) in those costs, bringing the costs down from 10000 to 7000.

As others have noted, service cost reductions can be produced in several ways; camo and flags being the most prevalent reduction methods.  The end screen will show you the total reduction as well as itemize where those deduction originate.

Now then....if you were to get the tier 10 camo of -50% service cost, then add in the signal flag -10%, then get the -10% from the clan, and finally obtain the Premier Flag from ranked battles for the -20%, you then would only have to spend 10% of the service cost of that tier 10 in each battle.

That is a rather insane profitability for tier 10s, but as of now -70% is the best that practically anyone can get

Sign in to follow this