You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

1600 Base XP

102 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles

This seems like the hardest part of the missions to get the O.R. What kind of game nets you 1600? Post screenshots/advice, etc, since I have no idea what that entails...:Smile_hiding:

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,338 battles

Use sims the xp machine.   

An average game (1-2 kills, 50k damage) with every USN dd is like 1200xp.  The same average game with sims is like 1600xp.  lol.  

Its not really all that tough.  in most boats, a 3-4 kill-ish winning game with a decent amount of damage dealt  (60-90k) and some caps or cap defenses should net you 1600.  

Also, Shoot at DDs more, and BBs less.  

Edited by AnimaL21
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,049 posts
13,833 battles

Capping, killing, defending caps, taking hits in caps....1600 base is generally pretty doable although it would be easier in a DD.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

Never have much issue hitting that mark. 

Now if it was 3k or 4k base xp.. That be a different story.   Still havent hit the 4.5k base xp mark. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It'll be a bit challenging, but not overly hard or impossible.

Members
9,968 posts

And once again, players refuse to realize that WG just put up the middle finger to a large part of the player base.

The average player isn't going to just stumble into 1600 xp base, regardless of how easy the forum seems to think it is..:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

And once again, players refuse to realize that WG just put up the middle finger to a large part of the player base.

The average player isn't going to just stumble into 1600 xp base, regardless of how easy the forum seems to think it is..:Smile_facepalm:

I hate to admit agreeing with awiggin, but this.  I can probably count the number of games I've cleared 1600 base XP on one hand with fingers left over.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,314 posts
6,597 battles

The higher the Tier, the more base XP you get. I think the best way would be to either have a good match in a T10 or a decent match as a T8 in T10 MM

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
6 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I hate to admit agreeing with awiggin, but this.  I can probably count the number of games I've cleared 1600 base XP on one hand with fingers left over.

Has run out of fingers and toes.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

Has run out of fingers and toes.

Same. This whole “everyone deserves to have everything like everyone else” mentality is disgusting. People who think this way are more than likely the same people who get excited when their kids get a participation trophy for last place and tell their kids they’re special.

• Cool 2

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,757 posts
4,573 battles

You always get the greatest games when you don't need them...and when you need just one of those you keep on getting crappy games after slump games...:Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles

Basically be a key part of your team's win. My recent MO game. 2K BXP. Charged down a flank with a Neptune, flattening the Izumo, Baltimore, and Neptune that tried to stop us. The CV had picked the wrong side, so we killed him too. Then it was a matter of sitting the the base and picking off the enemy as they came back, including the genius in a Edinburgh who decided to smoke up and stop 8km from my radar BB. Wasn't that exciting of a game, but managed 2K BXP and top of the team.

I'm not the greatest player, but 1600 is a win in which I do something for the team. Shouldn't be that hard for the average player.

shot-17.10.02_17.48.34-0576.jpg

shot-17.10.02_17.48.37-0214 - Copy.jpg

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,245 battles
17 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Since when is it WG's job to cater their game to the mongaloids?  Participation trophy much?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,757 posts
4,573 battles

I can only pray this won't happen to anyone...(from late August though, found it among my screenies)...

Spoiler

BNcXmp8.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
39 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

This seems like the hardest part of the missions to get the O.R. What kind of game nets you 1600? Post screenshots/advice, etc, since I have no idea what that entails...:Smile_hiding:

Should be easy for you I had a look at your stats.  You need a good game and a win or a great to epic game in a loss.  The loss depends on how bad of a loss it was.

Beta Testers
1,049 posts
13,833 battles

Just checked only my BBs ..of 33 only 5 are less than 1600 and most are over 2500 base XP with many over 3000. (these are not averages but rather top scores in those ships) they range from tier 3 to tier 10. If a person is having trbl getting high XP then they need to do more of what I stated earlier. Capping, defending caps, "TAKING" hits....yes...... taking hits in the cap circle nets you XP.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,757 posts
4,573 battles

I'd say just forget about it and play on...getting fixated on goal can spectacularly backfire...and you would end up not getting anywhere and frustrated for nothing.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

The most base XP I have made in a battle is 5,213 and it was in a Mahan. 1,600 is not that hard.

Members
1,866 posts

I can't say I've really paid a lot of attention to this in battle results, over under 1600. But I think a good win in an upper-tier ship should do it. If all you have is mid-tier, it may be a struggle.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,964 battles

I think I'm averaging 1300?  Any way to find out if that is just base?