Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Public Test 0.6.12 Starts Oct 5th

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
3 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

The Halloween Event looks cool, can't wait to try it.

I always like these kind of fun little events.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

I just hope they're selling the ships this year, even just as camo replacers similar to the Hood/Bismarck battle damage forms.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
7 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I just hope they're selling the ships this year, even just as camo replacers similar to the Hood/Bismarck battle damage forms.

This would be kind of neat.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,703 battles

I am more concerned about the smoke changes.

RN CLs, Perth, and Kutuzov are screwed no matter what they say. Tell me otherwise if I am reading this wrong.

..."In other words, if a ship fires a main gun shell, the smokescreen won't guarantee its invisibility. Earlier, firing from smokescreen didn't influence ship detectability and it remained invisible. After the changes, enemy ships are more likely to spot you after you fire from smokescreen. After firing, the detectability range value is 2.5km for destroyers, 5.9km for cruisers, and 13.6km for battleships, while a ship can be detected within 20 seconds.

Each ship gets its own detectability value after firing the main guns in smoke, included in the full list of changes for the update..."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt0612/

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

Why are no Conqueror nerfs being tested? Is WarGaming making the same mistakes over and over?

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles

im concerned about USN CA over-terrain shooting....

all it takes is a DD to rush against the mountain we are using, and boom enemy BB can now see us and fire back through the mountains to DS us

and problem is even if we radar the DD, he's behind the mountain, so radar does absolutely nothing to him

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
19 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Why are no Conqueror nerfs being tested? Is WarGaming making the same mistakes over and over?

In Octavian’s most recent Q&A he said they’d need at least another 2 patches before having enough data for them to decide if they need to nerf her. But right now they’re mainly looking at Orion.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[SEP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
20 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Conq is perfectly balanced !  No need to tweak anything. :cap_cool:

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
34 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I am more concerned about the smoke changes.

RN CLs, Perth, and Kutuzov are screwed no matter what they say. Tell me otherwise if I am reading this wrong.

..."In other words, if a ship fires a main gun shell, the smokescreen won't guarantee its invisibility. Earlier, firing from smokescreen didn't influence ship detectability and it remained invisible. After the changes, enemy ships are more likely to spot you after you fire from smokescreen. After firing, the detectability range value is 2.5km for destroyers, 5.9km for cruisers, and 13.6km for battleships, while a ship can be detected within 20 seconds.

Each ship gets its own detectability value after firing the main guns in smoke, included in the full list of changes for the update..."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt0612/

All the individual ranges are listed here.

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

im concerned about USN CA over-terrain shooting....

all it takes is a DD to rush against the mountain we are using, and boom enemy BB can now see us and fire back through the mountains to DS us

and problem is even if we radar the DD, he's behind the mountain, so radar does absolutely nothing to him

The smoke firing detection will have effect on firing from behind terrain.  Nothing will change with that from how it is currently.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

The smoke firing detection will have effect on firing from behind terrain.  Nothing will change with that from how it is currently.

that is all that mattered

Sign in to follow this