You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
leehwongxing

Reshade and the screen tuner of the game

9 comments in this topic

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,832 battles

It's a controversial discussion for several days and WG is gonna ban it. Now, what the game could and potentially provide when Reshade is officially banned from the game while the other games like PUBG,.. whitelisted it because they don't want to spend their resource on such feature or whatever reason it would be.

Current:

Reshade: several filters that finely tune the game the way player want despite their screen suck or not. 

Game: a single Gamma slider with the lowest value of 0.7

Potential:

Game: all what Reshade provide is the best possible solution. But it's nowhere near reality when the statement come out and the game has nothing to compete against reshade.

And I wouldn't so sure that WG ways of detecting cheat would succeed detecting of such cheat as they once falsely detect reshade hooks on the render's dlls file as a threat. And they could potentially detect a language's keyboard-support program like Unikey and the like as a threat too because it tap on the keyboard input of the game.

Now for the comparison between Reshade and Non-Reshade, I HATE the grey-ish of the game.

6qPyLzr.png

Reshade

0hmSPL8.png

After reshade removal

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles

and again; why do I care what you look like while you're sinking?

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
44 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That is exactly his point. He wants to use it and you don't.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,832 battles
46 minutes ago, Umikami said:

and again; should I press F when you're already dead?

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

This is an entirely subjective point of errata.

Personally, I find your supersaturated preference painful, and prefer the default WG values. I am one of those people who can pick out the images buried in a sea of dots, with subtle color variations, so your preference is like getting stabbed in the eyes to me.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
  • Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
9,013 battles

Too bad you can't, WG game, they make the rules. Grow up and live with it.

• Cool 1

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,832 battles
14 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

This is an entirely subjective point of errata.

Personally, I find your supersaturated preference painful, and prefer the default WG values. I am one of those people who can pick out the images buried in a sea of dots, with subtle color variations, so your preference is like getting stabbed in the eyes to me.

I calibrated and tuned the reshade for my screen, you're seeing the burnt color because it's burnt on your screen and not on my screen and likewise, color is personal preference and they're forcing me using their grey-ish color because they have no options at all, and "is like getting stabbed in the eyes" is my feeling toward the default color of the game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
7 hours ago, joris92 said:

That is exactly his point. He wants to use it and you don't.

Yeah, I got that much. I think, with all the drama and bans, I'm glad I have no mods on my account. I value my playtime enough to put up with WoW graphics, which seem to work just fine, IMHO.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
7 hours ago, leehwongxing said:

should I press F when you're already dead?

is that the key which continues the "I WANT! I WANT!" rant you seem to be rolling with?