Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Helmut__Kohl

Special Upgrades: Make them available

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
241 posts
11 battles

Radar/Hydro Upgrades are so powerful, that there needs to be a way to obtain these, outside of Supercontainers. Otherwise it is not fair. 

 

Supercontainers are very rare to begin with, and then getting the Upgrade you need, is almost hopeless. 

 

A set of permanent missions (short campaign), could give everyone at least access to one upgrade of each type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
8 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

Radar/Hydro Upgrades are so powerful, that there needs to be a way to obtain these, outside of Supercontainers. Otherwise it is not fair. 

 

Supercontainers are very rare to begin with, and then getting the Upgrade you need, is almost hopeless. 

 

A set of permanent missions (short campaign), could give everyone at least access to one upgrade of each type

I believe you could obtain them via Ranked Battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,726 battles
2 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I believe you could obtain them via Ranked Battles.

 

That was in the previous to last Ranked Season. People complained about them so they were removed for the past (last) season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

 

That was in the previous to last Ranked Season. People complained about them so they were removed for the past (last) season.

And now they do again. I managed to grab them luckily :) Well only SCs it is than.

Edited by joris92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
241 posts
11 battles
6 minutes ago, joris92 said:

And now they do again. I managed to grab them luckily :) Well only SCs it is than.

 

Aren't you fair to those who were not so lucky. 

 

Personally I have plenty of them, but the system feels rather unfair. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
11 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

 

Aren't you fair to those who were not so lucky. 

 

Personally I have plenty of them, but the system feels rather unfair. 

I meant it more like people complain about the Ranked Battle and the "[edited]" rewards, and now you have complains about not being able to get those "[edited]" rewards... 
Not your fault, because I understand you fully. I was very happy with those rewards :) For you I hope they ll make another way of earning them, perhaps by some kind of mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,264
[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles
12 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I meant it more like people complain about the Ranked Battle and the "[edited]" rewards, and now you have complains about not being able to get those "[edited]" rewards... 
Not your fault, because I understand you fully. I was very happy with those rewards :) For you I hope they ll make another way of earning them, perhaps by some kind of mission.

Well to be fair, when the special upgrades came out, they weren't bad but they replaced modules that almost everyone said should not be removed. These new upgrades were almost universally decried because of this. Very few ships could actually benefit from them. That is why people were upset until they changed the slots they used and now using the new upgrades is a viable option. I believe the problem now is that most of us have a small herd of these upgrades and are tired of getting them in super containers. The complaint threads are not nearly as common as they used to be.

I do like the idea of missions to obtain them especially for the newer players who haven't had the time in game to collect super containers or get them as rewards for ranked. Those people who don't need them can sell them for a nice heap of credits. No one can complain about that.. Ok almost no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

You have a ways to go before you should worry about special upgrades seeing as you only have 11 battles. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,077
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,310 posts
6,597 battles

When those Modules came out People treated them as a 625k Credit bag, now I think that some start to regret their decisions

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[KSC]
Members
60 posts
5,935 battles

I lucked out that every single super container I've received in the last 6 months has had these upgrades in it (not that I've received that many - maybe 1 in 100). Some people get cool ships, some millions of credits or gobs of free XP, but I get the same upgrades constantly. I have at least 1 of all of them and 2-3 of more than half. 

Definitely would be a good idea to provide newer players or folks who didn't hit Rank 2 a few seasons ago with the opportunity to earn there gizmos and provide more interesting super container drops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×