You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TankerDude175

Russian Battleships?

34 comments in this topic

[GGAD]
Members
7 posts
551 battles

Dear developers,

My name is Tom Callahan and i play wows as much as i can and i absolutely lot it; although i do have some question regarding the russian tech tree i believe that there should be a battleship line for the Russian tree and also it would be nice to see the Nikolai I and the Revolutsiya added to the game to be bought with doubloons.

I really hope that you give some thought about it and consider adding a BB line to the russian tree, i love the russian line and it would make my day if this became a reality.

Thanks for your time and effort to make this already amazing game even better

Thomas Callahan

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles
26 minutes ago, TankerDude175 said:

Nikolai I and the Revolutsiya added to the game to be bought with doubloons.

The Nikolai is on the Banned Premium list, not going to see it for sale again.

Starting tomorrow there is a event to earn the Revolutsiya for free.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

As above, the Nik will never see the premium shop nor any other purchase means again as with the Gremy

[-VT3-]
Members
1,628 posts
3,364 battles
15 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

As above, the Nik will never see the premium shop nor any other purchase means again as with the Gremy

Still able to gamble for them with supercontainers, though.  That's how I got mine.

• Cool 1

[GGAD]
Members
7 posts
551 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The Nikolai is on the Banned Premium list, not going to see it for sale again.

Starting tomorrow there is a event to earn the Revolutsiya for free.

why is the nikolai on the banned list

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, TankerDude175 said:

why is the nikolai on the banned list

It was the only Tier 4 BB that could see tier 6 before they capped it at 4's only seeing 5's tops. It could hold its own against tier 6 BB's. Crazy accurate and was / is able to delete nearly anything it sees (mostly now since it is maxed at tier 5 games) with a single broadside. It isn't banned, but will never be purchasable again. Once in a while they have a competition and may give one away or get one in a SC (which I am not sure they are even still in the SC's)

Members
2,434 posts
7,746 battles

Im sure we will see a russian BB line, but it will probably take some time. The next BB line seems to be the french line. 

And we might never see Nikolai again, it was "banned" and will probably never be sold again. Your only chance is a santa crate, you can win one there but its still hard. 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
44 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Im sure we will see a russian BB line, but it will probably take some time. The next BB line seems to be the french line. 

And we might never see Nikolai again, it was "banned" and will probably never be sold again. Your only chance is a santa crate, you can win one there but its still hard. 

Why was it banned out of curiosity?

Members
2,434 posts
7,746 battles
6 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Why was it banned out of curiosity?

Because it is OP broken. Has some of the most accurate guns in the game, she can delete any ship in her MM. And the armor layout make her imune to cruisers/DDs guns. Also is very hard to BBs deal damage if Nikolai is angled. 

She has OP Guns and OP armor for the tier.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,113 battles

Please no. The charm of this game is fighting with historic ships. Considering most of a Russian BB line would be completely fictional is completely unappealing. Also taking into account WG's track record of making their Russian ships' stats unrealistically good or based on Soviet propaganda will mean these ships will upset the game balance for ships based on Historic models. It's hypocritical that they doggedly won't change some ship's stats because of historic presidence while they make their Soviet fantasy vessels completely unrealistic.

• Cool 2

[GGAD]
Members
7 posts
551 battles

Their were historical russian battleships that actually exsisted and also some of the tier 10 ships were based of blueprints or cancelled designs so they are historically accurate, so it wouldnt hurt

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
1 hour ago, TankerDude175 said:

Their were historical russian battleships that actually exsisted

Three classes of Russian dreadnought battleships actually existed as in they were completed and put into service.

Two of them were/are already in the game.

One of them has already been effectively banned from the game for how unfairly overpowered it was.

This does not exactly make one sanguine about the level of care that will go into making a balanced full Russian BB line.

(The third historical Russian dreadnought class is the Imperatritsa Mariya class, which is basically a smaller, worse version of the Nikolai.)

and also some of the tier 10 ships were based of blueprints or cancelled designs so they are historically accurate, so it wouldnt hurt

In some cases, blueprints and designs cancelled because it was realized that they were physically impossible to actually build them. 

Members
1 post
1,876 battles
On 10/5/2017 at 10:16 AM, SavageTactical said:

Please no. The charm of this game is fighting with historic ships. Considering most of a Russian BB line would be completely fictional is completely unappealing. Also taking into account WG's track record of making their Russian ships' stats unrealistically good or based on Soviet propaganda will mean these ships will upset the game balance for ships based on Historic models. It's hypocritical that they doggedly won't change some ship's stats because of historic presidence while they make their Soviet fantasy vessels completely unrealistic.

I was just thinking the same thing. If I wanted historical fantasy, I'd be playing a different game. Russia never had a robust fleet of battleships like the other great powers, and I'd hate to see WG add in completely made up ships.

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
54 minutes ago, mangus42 said:

I was just thinking the same thing. If I wanted historical fantasy, I'd be playing a different game. Russia never had a robust fleet of battleships like the other great powers, and I'd hate to see WG add in completely made up ships.

Beyond the fact that they never had a robust fleet, Russia was just never a significant naval power at any point through WW2 and Russia's navy played no major role in either world war.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Beyond the fact that they never had a robust fleet, Russia was just never a significant naval power at any point through WW2 and Russia's navy played no major role in either world war.

Italy, Austria Hungary and France are all more deserving of BB'S(although I don't think there's really enough to make BB lines for any of these country's except maybe Italy). We also need to get pre dreadnoughts at T2 for every country to compliment the Mikasa. 

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
10 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Italy, Austria Hungary and France are all more deserving of BB'S(although I don't think there's really enough to make BB lines for any of these country's except maybe Italy). We also need to get pre dreadnoughts at T2 for every country to compliment the Mikasa. 

You can fill out an OK French BB line if you include some paper ships (and the T10 might need to be pure fantasy).

I don't know of any Italian plans for BB's after the Vittorio Veneto class but I imagine some probably existed.

Austria-Hungary had the Viribus Unitis class which I suspect will end up as a premium or part of a "pan-European" line at some point and basically nothing else. 

Edited by Middcore

Members
304 posts
4,544 battles

No nation will be able to fill out a complete roster if the beginning and ending targets are "first generation dreadnought" at tier III and a Yamato peer at tier X.  Even with all their variant classes the USN still needs the never-completed Montana at tier X, and all other nations will need fantasy ships.

For France, Courbet would be a pretty powerful Tier III, Bretagne would be a perfect Tier IV, but you would need the never-completed Normandie as Tier V.  Strassbourg could be the tech-tree Tier VI, and Richelieu the Tier VIII, but that is it for the real ships.

Italy does not really have a good Tier III / IV choice.  Just like France, their first dreadnought Dante came out so much later than Dreadnought herself that she would be closer to a Tier IV, but weaker than the Tier IV ships already in the game.  Cesare as the premium Tier V means Cavour could be the tech tree Tier V, and the never-completed Caracciolo could be the Tier VI.  Littorio would be Tier VIII, and just like France we have no real ships for Tiers VII, IX or X.

And Austria?  Tegetthoff (Viribus Unitis) could be Tier IV, and the never completed Ersatz Monarch could be Tier V, but there is nothing else.  

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
3 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

No nation will be able to fill out a complete roster if the beginning and ending targets are "first generation dreadnought" at tier III and a Yamato peer at tier X.  Even with all their variant classes the USN still needs the never-completed Montana at tier X, and all other nations will need fantasy ships.

For France, Courbet would be a pretty powerful Tier III, Bretagne would be a perfect Tier IV, but you would need the never-completed Normandie as Tier V.  Strassbourg could be the tech-tree Tier VI, and Richelieu the Tier VIII, but that is it for the real ships.

Italy does not really have a good Tier III / IV choice.  Just like France, their first dreadnought Dante came out so much later than Dreadnought herself that she would be closer to a Tier IV, but weaker than the Tier IV ships already in the game.  Cesare as the premium Tier V means Cavour could be the tech tree Tier V, and the never-completed Caracciolo could be the Tier VI.  Littorio would be Tier VIII, and just like France we have no real ships for Tiers VII, IX or X.

And Austria?  Tegetthoff (Viribus Unitis) could be Tier IV, and the never completed Ersatz Monarch could be Tier V, but there is nothing else.  

WG basically has the mentality now that you either have an entire tree with blueprint ships to complete it if neccessary or just random premium ships. Why not make  trees that go to lower tiers than 10? Also Austria would be able to have T1's and T2's if they ever truly ran with the Pre Dreadnought idea(along with everyone else). The fact there are no T1's and T2's(except Mikasa) for BB's leaves quite a lot of room for WG's to bring in older battleships from as early as the late 19th century. It's a good 20% of the tiers that are just empty. 

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,268 posts
2,029 battles

Tier X is a *very* lose tier when it comes to what fits there.

Yamato is the only built tier X BB, while Montana is the only true design. The only existing part of the Kürfurst in designs was the turrets; the hull is mostly a WG fabrication. Conqueror... Well, the jury's still not made their mind up.

Henri IV is thought to be mostly made-up variant of one if the designs leading up to the Dunkerque-class. Hindenburg and Roon are the same case as the Kürfurst, while Zao never existed outside of a set of specifications.

France can get a pretty solid tree, Courbet-Bretagne-Normandie-Lyon from tier III to VI, tier VII could be Strasbourg, Gascogne, or the 37000 ton Battlecruiser design, tier VIII Richelieu, IX an Alsace, and X is the mystery slot.

Italy is also in a decent place.

Tier III would likely be Cuniberti's 17000 ton Battleship design, which was the world's first Dreadnought design. Tier IV will probably belong to the Cavour-class as-built (Dante Alighieri will probably be a tier IV premium), tier V to the Duilio-class (rebuilt). Tier VI is likely to be the Caracciolo-class (think an Italian Bayern/Queen Elizabeth; ie, it makes 28 knots). Tier VII has a few options, from a proto-Littorio to the BC 1930 to even what's essentially an Italian Gneisenau. VIII is obviously Littorio, IX is likely to be your Italian version of the design best known as UP.41. X is up in the air. Deamon93 found a design known only as the '4-16/16-40' which is a 66k ton design that's kinda slow (29 knots) but has a 16" belt and an armament of 4x4 16"/56 guns - which would've been absurdly powerful on an individual basis, so I doubt the design will actually come like this if it appears.

Russia... Not something I'm particularly well versed in, but if you wanna check out an excellent thread, look not further than here;

• Cool 1