Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

So no ranked season till the end of the year?

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,033 posts
95 battles

So I've heard in one of CC's videos that there is not going to be a ranked season at least until 2018. Is that official? 

 

Who thought it was such a great idea? (Except of course WG, who plan to make a ton of money from renting t10 ships for Clan Battles)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles

Frankly with the way they keep Release updates that seem to cause massive connection bugs every other morning nth now it's probably a good idea for them to be waited JG until 2018 so they can be figure out how to release updates that don't cause many players to get disconnected for a month...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[FML]
Members
1,751 posts
10,116 battles
5 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

would be cool if they throw out a flint as a clan reward too,,,..

 

Why?

 

Currently, players with a Flint, a Black or etc have earnt them on the basis of individual skill*. A clan based battle is significantly different skill set. On that basis, different rewards would be appropriate. 

 

 

*and no, as someone demonstrated after the last ranked season, you essentially can't fail your way to rank 1 even with a very large number of battles. But thanks for the thought, anyway. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
12 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

2018 is less than 90 days out.

But the last season ended a while ago, and I doubt that we will have the next one on 01/01/2019.

 

It is not right to make CB compulsory, or a replacement for Rank. CB is not a format for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Ranked is just 7v7 randoms, nothing really new. At least with clan battles we'll be able to play with 6 other friends 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
28 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Ranked is just 7v7 randoms, nothing really new. At least with clan battles we'll be able to play with 6 other friends 

Rank is not quite 7v7 random. In fact many people in rank know each others because of it. And because of the competitive aspect, the games can actually be very good, past R10 at least.

 

That team format, is a put off for many people that will never rank up because of lack of players, not enough good players..... So it will die off quickly for many clans. That has alreally happened with Team battles btw. So, I see CBs as excluding people, as opposed to rank that takes on everyone.

 

As I said, these are two different format, some people will prefer one to the other. But in any case, CB should not be a substitute for Rank. The more formats, the better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
220
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
711 posts
34 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

Rank is not quite 7v7 random. In fact many people in rank know each others because of it. And because of the competitive aspect, the games can actually be very good, past R10 at least.

 

That team format, is a put off for many people that will never rank up because of lack of players, not enough good players..... So it will die off quickly for many clans. That has alreally happened with Team battles btw. So, I see CBs as excluding people, as opposed to rank that takes on everyone.

 

As I said, these are two different format, some people will prefer one to the other. But in any case, CB should not be a substitute for Rank. The more formats, the better.

Yea the whole clan thing is not for me , I just don't have a "regular schedule" to adhere to so I can't commit to any clan scheduled events.

I may actually have to spend the gold to make my own clan of 1 so all of this "oil" that I am "earning" just doesn't keep getting tossed into our virtual ocean because I am not in a clan.

I'll have to wait for my next worthless gift card I get from somebody to use to buy myself a clan. Luckily xmas is not far off so I should get a couple to use.

Edited by DESRON10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles

Thank goodness.  Need an extended break from Ranked battles to recoup my sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
11 hours ago, geser98 said:

So I've heard in one of CC's videos that there is not going to be a ranked season at least until 2018. Is that official? 

 

Who thought it was such a great idea? (Except of course WG, who plan to make a ton of money from renting t10 ships for Clan Battles)

And how exactly are they making any money off the rentable tier 10 ships? It doesn’t cost a player a cent to use the rental ships. The ships are automatically put into a player’s account the second they play a match with a tier 8-10 ship once the season starts.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
[SF-3]
Members
1,507 posts
8,107 battles

I was pretty disappointed by this news. I was really looking forward to redemption from my last ranked season finish. I am a bit perturbed that it feels like if I want competitive play until they decided to allow ranked again, I must sign up with a clan and play clan battles. I am withholding final judgement however, seeing what the clan battle rewards will be. If the rewards match the hassle then all is forgiven, but I am doubtful. Although the OR missions are a breath of fresh air from the other horrendous events we have had recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
17 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I am withholding final judgement however, seeing what the clan battle rewards will be. If the rewards match the hassle then all is forgiven, but I am doubtful.

That is it really.

Many small clans will have no chance in this, because of lack of players, or quality of players.

Elitist clans will refuse many players based on their WR, WTR....

So this is basically an event for those latter clans, which will put off many people from playing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
[SF-3]
Members
1,507 posts
8,107 battles
11 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

That is it really.

Many small clans will have no chance in this, because of lack of players, or quality of players.

Elitist clans will refuse many players based on their WR, WTR....

So this is basically an event for those latter clans, which will put off many people from playing it.

 

I agree, this has the potential to be extremely exclusionary for a lot of the player base. I would wager that the majority of people who enjoy playing ranked are not in a clan, nor do they want to commit to being in a clan.

Looking at the PTR notes it seems like they might be going for a tier type of clan battles, so you can rise as far as your skill allows. However, the disparity between clans of unicums / super unicums and lower skilled clans will be much more apparent. In actuality it may look like ranked play, except all 7 people on a team are in a division.

I guess it really depends on the implementation, if you have elite clans continually bashing lower skilled clans that wont feel good. I suspect if you have tiered progression that will happen though, especially as I am guessing some of these elite clans have numerous smaller sub clans. Could get kind of discouraging if you are a lower tier clan, constantly getting wrecked by a subset of an elite clan as they progress through the ranks.  Also, I wonder if their is room for abuse, can you "rank out" in one clan, then join another and "rank out", getting multiple rewards. So many questions unanswered...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
13 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

 

Why?

 

Currently, players with a Flint, a Black or etc have earnt them on the basis of individual skill*. A clan based battle is significantly different skill set. On that basis, different rewards would be appropriate. 

 

 

*and no, as someone demonstrated after the last ranked season, you essentially can't fail your way to rank 1 even with a very large number of battles. But thanks for the thought, anyway. 

You can absolutely fail your way to rank 1 just takes persistence.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
48 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I agree, this has the potential to be extremely exclusionary for a lot of the player base. I would wager that the majority of people who enjoy playing ranked are not in a clan, nor do they want to commit to being in a clan.

Looking at the PTR notes it seems like they might be going for a tier type of clan battles, so you can rise as far as your skill allows. However, the disparity between clans of unicums / super unicums and lower skilled clans will be much more apparent. In actuality it may look like ranked play, except all 7 people on a team are in a division.

I guess it really depends on the implementation, if you have elite clans continually bashing lower skilled clans that wont feel good. I suspect if you have tiered progression that will happen though, especially as I am guessing some of these elite clans have numerous smaller sub clans. Could get kind of discouraging if you are a lower tier clan, constantly getting wrecked by a subset of an elite clan as they progress through the ranks.  Also, I wonder if their is room for abuse, can you "rank out" in one clan, then join another and "rank out", getting multiple rewards. So many questions unanswered...

Have they even announced how clan match making will work? 

They could just make it a clan queue and you just load up and wait similar to how ranked worked.  

By allowing rented ships and restricting the composition this is clearly aimed to include less skilled and smaller clans.

 

Clan hopping seems possible though not likely there is 12 or 24 hour cool down and most competitive players aren't going to do that because there are plenty of clans of all skill levels.

Edited by Captain_Chaos_NA
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
278 posts
1,500 battles
14 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

 

Why?

 

Currently, players with a Flint, a Black or etc have earnt them on the basis of individual skill*. A clan based battle is significantly different skill set. On that basis, different rewards would be appropriate. 

 

 

*and no, as someone demonstrated after the last ranked season, you essentially can't fail your way to rank 1 even with a very large number of battles. But thanks for the thought, anyway. 

Not so sure about that...Some did, some did not.. I know several clans that do everything in there power to time drop teams in ranked which is why I stopped caring about anyones rank.  Any special reward given to the "elite" should at some time be made available to the public too.  You can't hand out OP ships to just certain clans and expect balance in game or Clan Wars.  If you need any proof just look at how WOT imploded pandering to Elite clans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

Have they even announced how clan match making will work? 

They could just make it a clan queue and you just load up and wait similar to how ranked worked.  

By allowing rented ships and restricting the composition this is clearly aimed to include less skilled and smaller clans.

 

Clan hopping seems possible though not likely there is 12 or 24 hour cool down and most competitive players aren't going to do that because there are plenty of clans of all skill levels.

Yes they did. It’s on the news for the 0.6.12 PTS they put up this morning. It’s going to be similar to ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,891
[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,687 battles
14 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

 

Why?

 

Currently, players with a Flint, a Black or etc have earnt them on the basis of individual skill*. A clan based battle is significantly different skill set. On that basis, different rewards would be appropriate. 

 

 

*and no, as someone demonstrated after the last ranked season, you essentially can't fail your way to rank 1 even with a very large number of battles. But thanks for the thought, anyway. 

 

There is no reason WG cant award the same ships with a different camo and/or edit the name slightly. It seems like WG is trying to push CW as a team oriented ranked mode so the prizes should be similarly valuable.

 

Also there are rank 1 players with 45% win rates that just played over 1000 battles to rank out, so saying someone cant seems a little closed minded. 

 

1 hour ago, PicknChew said:

That is it really.

Many small clans will have no chance in this, because of lack of players, or quality of players.

Elitist clans will refuse many players based on their WR, WTR....

So this is basically an event for those latter clans, which will put off many people from playing it.

 

If its anything like normal ranked the smaller clans can just wait for the bigger clans to rank out and then do it themselves. 

 

You seem to be really salty about clans for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
7 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Ranked is just 7v7 randoms, nothing really new. At least with clan battles we'll be able to play with 6 other friends 

 

I'm hoping that clan battles completely replace ranked.

 

Ranked is cancer. It turns everyone into salty punks blaming their team for everything.

 

Pick your team is the only way to make anything with even a hint of pretending to be competitive actually work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
38 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

By allowing rented ships and restricting the composition this is clearly aimed to include less skilled and smaller clans

Not really,

 

It is a way to have a lot of people early on in the event. But as it will go on, less and less clans will be part of it.

 

The elitist crowd has been asking for that format for a long time. It is designed for them, and smaller clans will find out the hard way. This is why I prefer Rank, Anyone can perform well.

 

It is amusing to see the requirements of some of those clans btw, go have a look and a laugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
11 minutes ago, Grizley said:

I'm hoping that clan battles completely replace ranked.

 

Ranked is cancer. It turns everyone into salty punks blaming their team for everything.

 

Pick your team is the only way to make anything with even a hint of pretending to be competitive actually work.

If they replace Rank by this, they will lose a lot of people.

 

Also, a lot of the salt comes from some clans actually !

 

This is not competitive since many clans cannot get the people to play regularly, or cover the classes they need and know how to play. This is basically an elitist competition where small clans will get used as punching bags. Until they stop playing that format.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
28 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

If its anything like normal ranked the smaller clans can just wait for the bigger clans to rank out and then do it themselves. 

 

You seem to be really salty about clans for some reason. 

It is likely not to be the same actually. Prolly a league format.

 

My problem with clans is the way some behave in random. I don't expect them to behave differently in this format. Now, idc about this as long as it doesn't replace Rank !

 

have your fun, don't impose it on me !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×