Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Graf Spee Special Flag Offer in premium store? ? ?

12 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Okay so I got an in-game message about obtaining a special Graf Spee flag for my Graf Spee for FREE. Yup. Free. I clicked on the link, it opened a browser window. I copy/pasted the link into a text editor to review it, to ensure I wasn't getting spoofed. It looked legit. Took me less than a minute. 

I sign in via the browser window, go to the premium shop and I'm told "This item is no longer available." 

What?! 

I immediately went to my account control and changed my password. I doubt anyone can hack into the game and put a message up like that to obtain a userid/password but ya just never know.

If this was/is legit - explain yourself WoWS/WG. What's the big deal taking me to a browser window, having me sign in only to tell me it's not available? 

tia fyc.

[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
15,022 battles

yeah I had 1 for Scharnhorst that did the same thing do you already have the graf spee  as I can only imagine that was the reason why.

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

Its' a promo plug for buying premium stuff. WG targets premium ship owners with individually tailored offers, especially if you have not bought premium stuff for a while, even small stuff like flags or doubloons. I got one for a flag for Hood. Kept my money in my wallet!

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I got an offer for the Oleg's flag too:

7T1Fk8z.png

I'm good on credits, and the doubloons and premium time separately are about $12 total. Doesn't really seem worth the $19 for the flag bundle.

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

I finally got one of the bundle offers this evening and now understand what they are.  The offer mentioned having missed out on buying the ultimate bundle, so I think the bundle adds the extra stuff included in the ultimate bundle.

On another note, I seem to remember there were some ads that were being spammed a few months ago by a third-party offering various items that was was a scam.  there was also a bug in the offers last week that took you to a Page not Found Error.

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles
3 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I got an offer for the Oleg's flag too:

7T1Fk8z.png

I'm good on credits, and the doubloons and premium time separately are about $12 total. Doesn't really seem worth the $19 for the flag bundle.

It is mainly for the bling of the flag.  That type of stuff does appeal to many people and is a money maker for many MMOGs.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles
18 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I think once you are logged into the shop it's under the specials tab.

Yep.  The various 'special in-game offers' players have been getting have been for different ships, but it does seem to be the 'fully loaded' or 'ultimate' part of a premium ship they already have (but not always).  The link to the offers are bugged, but if you go to the premium shop under 'specials' within the temporary time frame, you should see it available there.  There have been many threads on these offers.  They are legit, but the in game link is busted.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well let me say I'm impressed... nay nay... bowled over. I finally get a special, limited offer from the game (seems like six months or longer since the last go-round) and the link's busted. Heck - I wasn't sure if it was legit, especially when the link returned item no longer available. 

This was supposed to be free... seriously, they do need to learn how to deal things out to the players. Borked/broken links do not inspire confidence. Nor does offering something you no longer have. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

Mine was 1,000 doubs for $12. and a mission to get  Gneisenau Perma-Camo

I bit.  Saved $3.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7 posts
3,857 battles

I had great offer popped yesterday,  it was that perm camo for fletcher 4000 doubloon and bonus 2000 doubloon for like 23 dollars CAD.

bought it right away. since I just got my Fletcher.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Still feel a bit snargled since they promoted something that wasn't available. Do hope they get that straightened out. 

Sign in to follow this