Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Greenday4537

Why You're A Bad Player (Sarcasm)

8 comments in this topic

Members
341 posts
1,906 battles

So today, while playing my Baltimore, I got called a terrible player by two guys in a division together. Why?

Instead of straight up dueling with two BB's, I turned around and narrowed my profile to them so I lived to fight another day.

I wouldn't rush out to take another BB on when I was low on health.

I camped behind an island with low health, knowing a BB was coming around a corner with guns pointing in my direction.

I fired AP at a broadside BB instead of HE.

I fired at a CA in our cap to reset the counter instead of firing at some DD running away.

Just amazing what people will call you stupid for. Also, I bagged that BB to end the game. 9k salvos with AP, yea buddy.

• Cool 6

[RKLES]
Members
7,234 posts
9,035 battles

Lol it happens, you run into 2 inexperienced players who think they know everything but still have much to learn and yet still try to educate you on how to play the game..

Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles

You are lucky they didn't try to TK you.

I got shot at once by a pink CA in my Shimakaze for not going into a cap that had 2 red CAs in it. He took half of his own health off after a few salvos from the damage reflection, paused a bit, probably wondering why, then proceeded to shoot me till he's got only 10% left.

[B2P]
Beta Testers
150 posts
9,922 battles

Good players don't waste time telling others in game how to play. :fish_palm: They are too busy focused on the match at hand. Per experience most of these type of players are the real bad players (not new but just god awful bad because of their own attitude and stubbornness) that rely too much on others to get carried. I see this more often during rank season. When things don't go their way on how they think the game should be played they lash out on the team regardless if the player or players are better skilled then them.

My division got accused of getting carried by the accuser for doing what he called bad game play on the Okinawa map you can see as an example below. We went straight for B cap with C cap after. Those two points are critical to capture and hold to win the match in most cases. He wanted to push A cap charging :cap_rambo: straight ahead in his BB. I was in my Gearing with Hindenburg and G. Kut in my division. He called our tactic pushing B silly but what he failed to see is the A cap has no position for B to C cap to be supported or help stop a push. Unfortunately the rest of our team decided to listen to him and lemming trained to A with him.  Plus here is the funny part, a lone DD from our team already went ahead and was already capping it. Being a BB there was no reason for him to push let alone the rest of the team to push an almost capped objective. So why does the whole fleet need to go? Easy he wanted support to give him his safe space as he wasted his time horribly out of position. He called us a horrible division for leaving the fleet (because he thinks he is Admiral Nimitz) and we will be the bottom scoreboard while he is on top. That made me :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_facepalm:.

The enemy team suffered the same poor tactical choices with their cruisers and battleships going to A and leaving the DD alone south leaving my division to eat their destroyers alive and securing both mid and south caps. Then we charged towards A from the west-side hitting the flank of the enemy fleet what is left of them at A. By this point the enemy had five ships to our two left holding them at A. We finished the enemy team up as they where boxed in.

What happened to that loudmouth BB that charged A? Yeah he was the first to die to a broadside Zao that fired torps at him. :Smile_facepalm: Even worse he fired a salvo to the Zao showing broadside only to aim too high and barely scratch him. The target was under 9km away. Seriously how do you blow that? :fish_boom:

If we followed Napoleon here to A with the rest of the team the enemy DD would have secured both B and C and be on our flanks for an easy win. Lemming to one capture point is bad enough but Okinawa is very unforgiving for this tactical gameplay.

So it was a good win with my division taking the top three spots on the scoreboard with my Gearing at number 1 with almost 3k base xp (8k+ total) with 6 kills. Mr. Loudmouth was dead last with barely 400 base xp awarding the enemy by becoming a first blood trophy.

So just remember everyone regardless of skill level deals with loudmouths like this who think they are Napoleon but are nothing more then General Custer. Don't waste time talking to them in chat. Let your game play shame them.

Image result for wows okinawa map

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,290 battles

It happens too much. Just had a losing streak between Chappy and Maas trying to get wins for the division mission this week. BBs run away from caps or snipe, CAs position badly or get outflanked quickly, and even if I manage to light up the DDs, they cannot even blast them before I have to vanish to save my ship.

Heck, last match in Maas, I called out a cowardly Scharnhorst for sniping outside Tears of the Desert's Epicenter. He refused to improve, so argued with and muted him for having the wrong attitude as a BB captain. I understand being a wallet warrior and all that, but in pvp mode, everyone is expected to try to get better, regardless of tier.

I only consider a player bad if he derps or plays his class poorly. Don't want them in my pvp teams at all, they're better off staying in pve unless ready to get gud in pvp. But that's my preference as a semi-competitive player.

Beta Testers
323 posts
3,582 battles

Because people who don't own an Atlanta typically don't know how to play them, I get called all kinds of names, sometimes by both sides:

"Hey COWARD why don't you stop hiding behind islands and come out and fight like a MAN?"

(Eh, no thanks. Small HP pool and no armor make Johnny an easily-killed young boy)

"Atlanta why didn't you come out from behind that island to kill that DD?"

(Oh, that same DD that had 5 BB and CA behind it just waiting to cit me into the next dimension? )

Members
341 posts
1,906 battles
1 hour ago, GulfStorm said:

Because people who don't own an Atlanta typically don't know how to play them, I get called all kinds of names, sometimes by both sides:

"Hey COWARD why don't you stop hiding behind islands and come out and fight like a MAN?"

(Eh, no thanks. Small HP pool and no armor make Johnny an easily-killed young boy)

"Atlanta why didn't you come out from behind that island to kill that DD?"

(Oh, that same DD that had 5 BB and CA behind it just waiting to cit me into the next dimension? )

I'm guessing they've never played Clevelands or Belfast either.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this