You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

TK of the third kind - want more info after match

47 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Today someone unloaded their RN BB into my carrier. They took like 97 to 98 percent of my health. No apology. No reason. They just did it. Next came a single shot from a red and boom. Dead meat. So...

In the after match breakout, I do not see where I have been 'reimbursed' for that players actions. Are they not reimbursing a player for damaged caused by a team mate that leads to your being killed? Seems to me any shot from a fellow team mate should be reimbursed to the victim of that action as a percentage of the total operating cost for the ship.

IOW, if he takes 80% of your ship's health, aside from his own penalties, the victim should be reimbursed with 80% of the mission cost. tia fyc

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles

He was probably annoyed at having to fight with a CV on the other team.  RN BBs become weak to CVs very quickly as they take damage.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
152 posts
6,114 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I do not see where I have been 'reimbursed' for that players actions. Are they not reimbursing a player for damaged caused by a team mate that leads to your being killed?

Reimbursement was removed when they went to a fixed service cost.

The TKer still lost credits and xp due to the damage.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
56 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Reimbursement was removed when they went to a fixed service cost.

The TKer still lost credits and xp due to the damage.

I think what I'm asking to see then is what that player was charged for taking nearly all my health. Kind of a confirmation message that yea, he essentially sank you without sinking you ... we charged him X amount of coins. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
28 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I think what I'm asking to see then is what that player was charged for taking nearly all my health. Kind of a confirmation message that yea, he essentially sank you without sinking you ... we charged him X amount of coins. 

WG doesn't ever show you anything like that.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles

Another form of trolling 100% enabled and encouraged by WG's refusal to simply turn off team damage.

• Cool 3

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,051 posts
9,357 battles

I am pretty sure he took damage equal to what he did...it happened to me once, but maybe it has to be multiple shots?  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well I'll say I was a bit irked - had all my planes loaded ready to launch then whammo... no apology, no nothing. When I told him in chat how much of my health he took he said "oh". Nothing else the entire match. I dunno... I suppose if he does it enough eventually he'll take the damage himself. I would be better - actually if you think about it - instead of turning TK off, make it ALWAYS reflect back to the source. 

So yea, if one of our torps hits someone, bang, we take the damage. Conversely, if some ham head fires a salvo of BB HE into your carrier, the BB should erupt into flames - and their repair ought not work until the fires burn out. 

Yea, it's rough. But that would severely crimp their action. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well I'll say I was a bit irked - had all my planes loaded ready to launch then whammo... no apology, no nothing. When I told him in chat how much of my health he took he said "oh". Nothing else the entire match. I dunno... I suppose if he does it enough eventually he'll take the damage himself. I would be better - actually if you think about it - instead of turning TK off, make it ALWAYS reflect back to the source. 

So yea, if one of our torps hits someone, bang, we take the damage. Conversely, if some ham head fires a salvo of BB HE into your carrier, the BB should erupt into flames - and their repair ought not work until the fires burn out. 

That's a great way to enable trolls to TK others while taking no recourse or punishment of any kind, and being able to claim the victim to boot.

No.

Turning friendly damage off entirely is a far better solution as it takes the tool away from trolls completely.

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,381 battles

Turning off team  damage means no one is accountable for firing shots into friendly areas.  Reflected damage is much better than turning off damage.  The team still takes damage from errant firing of ammo, but the one that misfired the shot takes the damage.  That way anyone that wants to troll the team will get eliminated rather than the victim teammate. 

Members
6 posts
2,676 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Today someone unloaded their RN BB into my carrier. They took like 97 to 98 percent of my health. No apology. No reason. They just did it. Next came a single shot from a red and boom. Dead meat. So...

In the after match breakout, I do not see where I have been 'reimbursed' for that players actions. Are they not reimbursing a player for damaged caused by a team mate that leads to your being killed? Seems to me any shot from a fellow team mate should be reimbursed to the victim of that action as a percentage of the total operating cost for the ship.

IOW, if he takes 80% of your ship's health, aside from his own penalties, the victim should be reimbursed with 80% of the mission cost. tia fyc

I just had this today. I was playing my Kiev, lost my prop and was waiting for my damage control cooldown so I popped smoke. Battleship didn't like it so he killed me and I lost my temper. Then he threatened to report me for what I wrote in chat.

I just started playing this game again after a year break and now I know why I left the first time.

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
105 posts
12,475 battles
13 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

That's a great way to enable trolls to TK others while taking no recourse or punishment of any kind, and being able to claim the victim to boot.

No.

Turning friendly damage off entirely is a far better solution as it takes the tool away from trolls completely.

AraAragami,

Please expand on why HerrReitz's suggestion would enable trolls.  It sounds good to me.  The targeted ally is not punished for being a victim and the deliberate TeamKiller will cripple himself or self-terminate, not the ally.  Careless, over-aggressive players will have incentive to dial it down a notch.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
6 minutes ago, DaneGleesack said:

I just had this today. I was playing my Kiev, lost my prop and was waiting for my damage control cooldown so I popped smoke. Battleship didn't like it so he killed me and I lost my temper. Then he threatened to report me for what I wrote in chat.

I just started playing this game again after a year break and now I know why I left the first time.

I will say it doesn't seem to be as often as it was oh, a year or more past... but I can understand if you come back after a year and find the same stuff going on... but having been here all that time I feel safe in saying it's not as bad as it was. :fish_cute_2:

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles

Turning off team damage would take away much of the realism of the game. I think that the teamkiller system works fairly well. The only problem is that a pink player can still join a match and kill himself by trying to kill a teammate, thus rendering the team short one ship. I would hope that there was some ban system in place for those who team kill more than occasionally.  That said, I've turned pink a few times myself. Mostly this was because a DD turned around and sailed into my torps after they had been in the water for quite some time. There needs to be a quick command "Beware of my Torps!"

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,251 battles

When i play in div with friends we often shoot each other at the very start of the game just because it's fun. I even received 2 citadel from his Colorado in my Nagato even though he wasn't aiming for that (I just wanted to boost AR, trust me, it's a good way to start the game :3 ).

Honestly i just think WG should put their old system regarding TK. If you get killed / heavily damage you receive a penalty, become pink and the game automatically refund every % of HP lost because of your team mate. Right now the system isn't working really well . If you shoot someone, land 3 citadel and let him live with like 10% HP, you don't get the penalty because it happened only once. BUT if you set just 1 fire, and the guys let it burn until the end, you will end up being pink, because each time the fire is dealing damage, a warning is given and after like 6-8 warning the game consider you as a TK.

In a way the current system encourage troll.

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,554 battles

I currently like the system as is, I have a few tactics that kinda relies on it like "hugging" the enemy for him to eat the torps instead of me or his friends not firing torps in the first place for fear of sinking their own. Also, I can diffidently guarantee if we remove the penalty or team damage in general, we will see an up-tick of firing on allies repeatedly, even thou it no longer causes damage. Trolls will troll.

Members
3,723 posts
14,989 battles
2 hours ago, AraAragami said:

Another form of trolling 100% enabled and encouraged by WG's refusal to simply turn off team damage.

They won't turn it off just because you and one other guy cry about it whenever a possibility occurs.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, Daffyd9x said:

AraAragami,

Please expand on why HerrReitz's suggestion would enable trolls.  It sounds good to me.  The targeted ally is not punished for being a victim and the deliberate TeamKiller will cripple himself or self-terminate, not the ally.  Careless, over-aggressive players will have incentive to dial it down a notch.

Which is better?

An allied ship snugging up next to you, blocking your shots, but no damage occurs to either ship

or

A allied ship snugging up next to you, blocking your shots, and causing you to take fire and HE alpha damage from your own guns while he laughs at you in All chat?

Which is better?

An allied ship turning into a spread of torpedoes and taking no damage as a result

or

An allied ship turning into a spread of torpedoes, getting you sunk with reflected damage, and laughing in all chat about it?

HerrReitz's suggestion gives trolls the ultimate in tools to screw with other players without recourse.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
17 minutes ago, m373x said:

They won't turn it off just because you and one other guy cry about it whenever a possibility occurs.

No, they won't turn it off because they like to enable trolling. Team damage serves literally no other purpose, and nobody in the 2 years this game has been live has ever been able to provide one positive thing team damage contributes to the game.

Nor has anyone saying team damage is good for the game ever been able to provide one actual negative thing, not even one actual downside, to removing team damage.

These people, yourself included, also refuse to acknowledge the countless other games which have no team damage, and are team-based PVP titles which are far more successful than all of Wargaming's products combined-- With the exception of one example, WoT Blitz, which is a Wargaming product with no team damage.

Edited by AraAragami

Members
3,723 posts
14,989 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

No, they won't turn it off because they like to enable trolling. Team damage serves literally no other purpose, and nobody in the 2 years this game has been live has ever been able to provide one positive thing team damage contributes to the game.

Nor has anyone saying team damage is good for the game ever been able to provide one actual negative thing, not even one actual downside, to removing team damage.

These people, yourself included, also refuse to acknowledge the countless other games which have no team damage, and are team-based PVP titles which are far more successful than all of Wargaming's products combined-- With the exception of one example, WoT Blitz, which is a Wargaming product with no team damage.

Just because you decided to ignore the dozens of people providing those things directly to you doesn't mean than nobody did it.

[CUTE]
Members
163 posts
12,648 battles
2 hours ago, Murcc said:

Turning off team  damage means no one is accountable for firing shots into friendly areas.  Reflected damage is much better than turning off damage.  The team still takes damage from errant firing of ammo, but the one that misfired the shot takes the damage.  That way anyone that wants to troll the team will get eliminated rather than the victim teammate. 

Except for torpedos.  Then trolls will purposely sail into them and cause you damage.  Turning off friendly fire is somethung that should have been done a long time ago.  Nobody likes it

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, m373x said:

Just because you decided to ignore the dozens of people providing those things directly to you doesn't mean than nobody did it.

Name one good thing about team damage.

"People are more careful with their attacks" is not an acceptable reason. Because team damage being turned on obviously doesn't affect it or we wouldn't have threads daily complaining about "So and so did this and made me pink".

For the record, "It prevents this thing" doesn't work when that thing still happens constantly.

Why are you so supportive for a mechanic that only enables and encourages trolling?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

People would slide in front of your ship just so you would fire into them and they could reflect the damage back. You misunderestimate  the trolls