You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rodak26

I'm terrible

19 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
2,012 battles

I need some advice. I think I'm an average player, maybe a little below. I'm certainly better than the guys on my teams I keep getting. I looked at the server stats and my damage output on most ships I play is okay. But I can't win a game anymore for some reason. My teams just melt. I don't understand it. Loss after loss after loss, I am not having fun anymore. Even when I go back and play low tier on ships I used to do well in, I lose. It wasn't always like this.  I'm sure some of it is me, but I really feel MM just sucks.

Edited by Rodak26
  • Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
11 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

I need some advice. I think I'm an average player, maybe a little below. I'm certainly better than the guys on my teams I keep getting. I looked at the server stats and my damage output on most ships I play is okay. But I can't win a game anymore for some reason. My teams just melt. I don't understand it. Loss after loss after loss, I am not having fun anymore. Even when I go back and play low tier on ships I used to do well in, I lose. It wasn't always like this.  I'm sure some of it is me, but I really feel MM just sucks.

Turn the game off and come back in 2 days or a week.

Save some cash or do a yard sale then buy a spanking new ship.

Sorted this is normal your problem i mean.

We all go through it its called burn out.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
495 posts
6,469 battles

Losing streaks happen, even to the best of players.  They can be soul crushing but hang in there. 

Dropping down tiers and playing is sometimes the best answer (as you have tried).  The T2 German DD is a blast.  Sometimes I have that "go to" ship to play.  Other times, I take a break from WoWS or go kill bots.

It is true that an individual's contribution does impact games (not necessarily for a win but big damage / kills / etc).  Best thing to do is watch Youtube videos (I do) of some of the big names out there.  It starts with killing off (or limiting) bad behavior and moving to surviving and contributing.

Good luck out there!

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,524 posts
4,178 battles

Take a short break. We all get burned out, take some time away to relax. When you come back you'll make better decisions, and you'll have a stronger stomach for the shortcomings of your teammates.

• Cool 1

Members
13 posts
2,012 battles

Thanks guys but I think it may be more to it then that. In WOT I was an above average player. I'd go through tough streaks and the advice you're giving me worked.I'd take a break, climb back in the saddle and go on a win streak. I feel like every [edited] in the game ends up on my team. AFK, shooting each other, BB's who refuse to engage ect.

Think I'll take a month off see what happens. 

Edited by Rodak26

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,510 battles

You have a low number of battles, with a low survival rate.    That's the biggest thing right there.

Watch some youtube new player guide video's.  There is alot you can learn.

Starting there is the #1 step.  Best thing you can do is alot of learning / reading / video's.

Taking a break wont magically make you better / issues go away.

"hopefully" i didn't come off as a [edited] with the above.  But its really the best way to learn!  The more you watch and learn.. the better the game will be. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

If he's terrible, than I'm abysmal.  He's got a lot better stats than I do with about the same games played.  I don't have WoT experience, of course, and I'm probably not as competitive as some.  

i.e. I don't have much sympathy.

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles

I've had losing streaks of up to 11 battles in a row. I find turning the game off and binge watching 5-10 episodes of American pickers usually fixes it. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
1 hour ago, Rodak26 said:

Your survival rate is not good at all. Your hit rate isn't the issue but your ability to go deeper into games and influence the outcome is. I would suggest taking a break for a bit and ponder how you can bring up your survival rate. It's what I did when my stats were exactly like yours. After my month long break my stats are all purple and I have a 51% overall survival rate. If you drive to survive you live longer and in theory can deal more damage and wield more influence on the outcome of your matches. Good or Bad.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,784 battles
1 hour ago, Rodak26 said:

Without watching a reply or two, your stats look fairly promising. My humble suggestion would be to focus more on where you do damage and not how much damage is done. Focus down wounded enemies and try to keep yourself alive.

Also, I am not a big "take a break" guy. Find a friend to div up with and bust that slump. Look me up if you do not have another partner.

Happy hunting.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,047 battles

Crank up your Dunkerque.

Under 500 games with a WR of 48%.  I consider that fine.  I was in the 30s for a while.

Also, it looks like there are some ships you are good in, and others you are not so good.  That is normal.  In fact, some ships you excel in!

You're still on the learning curve.  Don't sweat it.

There is also Co-op.

[SEP]
Members
3,722 posts
14,917 battles

You can take a couple of days off and research how the game works by reading and watching videos so you can get better and not lose so much. Theory is important.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts

Come back in a week and we can division. (On call this week) I am not unicum by any stretch but more fun together

WOT is easier.

Operations is cool. Team oriented mode

[LHG]
Members
1,644 posts
4,917 battles
2 hours ago, Rodak26 said:

I agree with most of the advice here.  Regardless of the team selection an MM issues, every player on both sides of each match is facing the same things and they are the same things you were facing when you weren't on a losing streak.  The only fact you can be fairly certain of is that after each battle, exactly half of the players will notch up a W and half will pick up another L.  

So, when it comes down to it, it's not the teams you're on nor the MM that's the problem, you're probably burned out which can impact the quality of your play so that you become part of the problem rather than part of the solution.  Take a break and then come back to it.  You might be surprised by what happens. 

Members
3,758 posts
13,966 battles

When I get 3 defeats in a row I call it a night for Random and go kill bots instead. It helps prevent burnout and eases frustration.

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
8,570 battles

Player Advice is extremely helpful.

Example: I could not for the life of me figure out how to play the upper tier German Cruisers. It was to the point that I didn't even want to play the ships.

After reading up on some forum posts, I was able to see what I was doing wrong(very, very wrong) and now I have a fun time in them.

Members
13 posts
2,012 battles

After reading you're post and watching some youtube, I see some of my problems. I play the game wrong. I focus on damage and risk my ship to much to get it. I am too aggressive and push into objectives early and lose awareness.  I really thought my teammates were a bunch of wusses, I can see now I may not have always helped my teams either. I am trying some new things and having some success. Thanks guys. 

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,273 battles

Ok, this is tinfoil hat time, but another thing to try is to just shut down the game and start it back up.  I've stemmed many loss streaks by doing this.  Enough that it's entered the rhelm of possibly being a valid approach.  I generally believe MM is random, but on quite a few occasions I've had such a string of losses and potato teams turn into the opposite when I've shut down and logged in again that I am willing to entertain the possibility that there may be something to it.  Ah heck, who knows, even I think it's crazy.  But it can't hurt.  

[SEP]
Members
3,722 posts
14,917 battles
1 minute ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Ok, this is tinfoil hat time, but another thing to try is to just shut down the game and start it back up.  I've stemmed many loss streaks by doing this.  Enough that it's entered the rhelm of possibly being a valid approach.  I generally believe MM is random, but on quite a few occasions I've had such a string of losses and potato teams turn into the opposite when I've shut down and logged in again that I am willing to entertain the possibility that there may be something to it.  Ah heck, who knows, even I think it's crazy.  But it can't hurt.  

I am also guilty of relogging into the server in order to reset my RNG and MM positioning :Smile_unsure: kinda dumb but placebo is still a viable choice.