You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Finally I saw a DRAW!!!

27 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,578 battles

If it's a standard battle and both teams lose the same number and types of ships without touching the other cap, this'll happen.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Ive had a draw also long time ago but it was a broken verdict from a broken battle as i killed the enemy first he blew up so he was dead alas no draw but a win.

I was robbed by the game.

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles

I've seen it 3 times with 3 different "methods", one was due an enemy ship being sunk at the last second which evened the score. The was a cap out (1000) similar to the OP. The third came to a draw at the last second of a game in points under 1000.

Total disbelief in all 3, especially the first one as I didn't know it was possible

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,775 battles

"pics or it didn't happen" 

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,775 battles
Just now, USSRichardNixon said:

here you go...

Screenshot 2017-10-03 15.13.11.png

OP delivers. Whaddya know, it actually happened! 

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,389 battles

I remember World of Drawships, back when standard battle was essentially "murder ALL the enemy ships!" and no caps. 

It was cancer. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
379 posts
6,189 battles

I was in that game. I actually thought the other team won and I just left the game.  Then I saw it said draw in the Notifications area and was like lolwut??

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,048 battles
10 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I remember World of Drawships, back when standard battle was essentially "murder ALL the enemy ships!" and no caps. 

It was cancer. 

tbh, standard caps are still the exception and not the rule.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
15 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

It was cancer. 

Extra hybrid aids and cancer.  10%+ draw rate.

There was no radar so if it was down to one enemy DD they could run and hide forever.

[SYN]
Members
4,543 posts
11,437 battles

Funny how common draws used to be.  With any given number of matches played there was more or less an even distribution of wins, losses, and draws.  You had win streaks, loss streaks, and even draw streaks.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
9 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Funny how common draws used to be.  With any given number of matches played there was more or less an even distribution of wins, losses, and draws.  You had win streaks, loss streaks, and even draw streaks.

Don't forget the Underwear Streaks ,when that sneaky SOB DD rounds an Island and see two Minotaurs waiting for him. Or the BB sailing around and Island watching a wall of skill from two shima's less than 100yrds out.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

Beta Testers
323 posts
3,582 battles

Just had a Draw today too in fact. Ran out of time with both teams at exactly the same point level.

Capture.JPG

[CAST]
Members
1,196 posts
7,363 battles

I had one a few weeks ago.  I should have screen capped it.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles

Draws were pretty rare even before they changed the point system. It's just that back then, it was much harder to locate that last running DD, especially if the CV was already dead or you had no teammates with the speed to match. If Radar and RPF existed much sooner back then, then the Draw rates would have been even lower and rarer.

The nice thing about the continuous point system though is that it helps speed up battles, especially if it was a one-sided massacre except for that one last DD trying to run down the clock (or run out the point timer; whichever finishes first).

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

Draws were pretty rare even before they changed the point system.

No they were incredibly common.

You could only win by getting 1000 pts or kill all enemy, so 997pts & 14 kills would still be a draw which was incredibly frustrating.