You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CheapWine

incentives and disincentives

27 comments in this topic

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,126 battles

My first game of the day and my Roon gets hit with detonation in the first 2 minutes of the game from an unseen BB.  So not only am I out of the game but I will get a 50-60k credit penalty for having the nerve to get hit with the detonation.  Obviously the 100% bonus today is to encourage players to get on line and play more.  So much for that incentive as I'm posting this and logging off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
3 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

It happens.  Rub some dirt on it and get back out there. 

This ^

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

Was in my Warspite in a t8 game, 3 DB's over me and ............deleted I did 0 damage 0 anything other than saying to the carrier Capt. " Nice drop",  I like the mechanic myself , well when it happens to someone else even more obviously....

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,516 battles

All i can say is meh.

I've been Detonated in my Moskva from the first volley at me from 21km.

It happens.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,672 battles

my clanmate detonated 2 games in a row in his fletcher, right in front of me

so?

we both took a good laugh and he changed his discord nickname to detonation expert and we kept playing

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

crap happens the best thing you can do is not let it get to you and move on go play in some low tier ship and ruin other people's day

Edited by skull_122_steel

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,719 battles

It's like being pink. If a detonation causes that much of an emotional hijacking, you have some serious constitution strengthening to work on. You think a professional cyclist is going to abandon the Tour de France if he gets a flat tire in the very first stage?

Our society is mass producing the most emotionally fragile and hypersensitive people it's insane. 

"Where are all the good men dead? In the heart or in the head?" - Grosse Point Blank

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
42 minutes ago, CheapWine said:

My first game of the day and my Roon gets hit with detonation in the first 2 minutes of the game from an unseen BB.  So not only am I out of the game but I will get a 50-60k credit penalty for having the nerve to get hit with the detonation.  Obviously the 100% bonus today is to encourage players to get on line and play more.  So much for that incentive as I'm posting this and logging off.

You know they have flags and modules that cut down on this right? If you do, and still don't run them and got detonated I don't feel sorry.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

I got detonated in my Des Moines 2 nights ago after doing just 6k damage and was thoroughly amused and just laughed it off with my Div mates. 

Detonations are so rare I tend to just laugh at them. No point in getting upset, just get back out there and enjoy 10 free flags.

The only ship I regulary use them on is DDs, since they have the highest detonation rate with their vulnerable magazines.

• Cool 1

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,761 battles

PSA: Run detonation flags on ships you're trying to get a first win bonus on so you don't get sent back to port early with a potentially bad bonus. 

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
150 posts
5,886 battles

I received 2 detonations in my Scharnhorst.  Not the usual ship that I use to farm Det flags.  :fish_boom:

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,294 battles

I wish I could save that good RNG roll number from all the detonations I cause, and apply it to supercrate chances.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[SIM]
Members
2,524 posts
4,179 battles

Sorry man. Take a break and come back latter when the bad taste is out of your mouth. 

Members
1,457 posts
12,302 battles

Got detonated in my GK with 60k health remaining, railed against the unfair gods of game mechanics, then the next day detonated a full health NC with one torp from my Z-52 and reveled in the greatness of the game mechanics.... things balance out...

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

Don't let it ruin your day, oh I guess it already did. How do you feel when you lose a coin flip, your chance of losing a coin toss is much greater than a detonation. I'll bet it doesn't bother you as much though, losing a coin flip that is. Your mind controls your emotions. Just smile collect your signals and hit that battle button. Hope you decide to have a good day.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
30 minutes ago, Firerizer said:

I received 2 detonations in my Scharnhorst.  Not the usual ship that I use to farm Det flags.  :fish_boom:

5 times in my Mutsu. I think WG is a little too historically accurate for my tastes....

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,513 battles
1 hour ago, CheapWine said:

Or you could get up and try again.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

I got detonated in my Des Moines 2 nights ago after doing just 6k damage and was thoroughly amused and just laughed it off with my Div mates. 

Detonations are so rare I tend to just laugh at them. No point in getting upset, just get back out there and enjoy 10 free flags.

The only ship I regulary use them on is DDs, since they have the highest detonation rate with their vulnerable magazines.

My honest favorite is when you're like 1k hp away from death and they detonate you giving you free flags. God I wish that happened more often lol.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,034 posts

I find it odd that you never see a thread that starts...

"I had a really bad game. The first red I saw, I detonated. What kind of ..."

Why do you suppose that is?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I've detonated twice from the aft magazines in my Udaloi. I literally saw the shells hit the aft section of the ship.

I was annoyed, but at the same time I saw what happened to me, so I moved on.

• Cool 1