You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Okt Rev mission volunteer.

13 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,788 battles

When you get to the shoot down planes part of the missions look me up. I'll give you guaranteed Tier 5 MM with my Langley. That's right if you don't want to be uptiered and want to cruise through shooting down planes look me up I'll Div with you.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

that's not how division work they match you up based on the highest possible MM so if you divition up with a tier five then you could get into a tier seven game

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,338 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

that's not how division work they match you up based on the highest possible MM so if you divition up with a tier five then you could get into a tier seven game

With T4 CV divs being the lone exception I believe.  

I might take you up on that sometime IronMike... even outside the missions I just like swatting flies.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles

I think IronMike and Animal are right on this one, Langley does restrict you to tier 5 (or maybe that is just for enemy carriers?)

Wouldn't that be a surprise!

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,788 battles
46 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

Tier 4 CV's have protected MM they can see no higher than tier 5. Meaning a dbl Okt Rev Div and a CV will see no higher than tier 5 it's how you guarantee T5 MM for whoever you Div with. It's a fact look it up. That and it's how I got my clan mates through the Iron Duke.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,663 battles

AFAIK the CVs-must-match rule takes precedence over the others, so this should work. Of course, 20 planes over any number of battles is not all that much, and you have a whole week to work on it, so I'm not sure this is actually a cheese-worthy mission.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

It is not guaranteed. If mm finds another tier 5 division with a t4 cv to match you against, then mm ignores the low tier in the div and then you could find yourself in t7. 

Ask me how I know... 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,788 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It is not guaranteed. If mm finds another tier 5 division with a t4 cv to match you against, then mm ignores the low tier in the div and then you could find yourself in t7. 

Ask me how I know... 

Would love to see a screen shot of that as I have never had nor seen that happen. With other ship types yes but never a Tier 4 CV.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

Happened quite a while back. As long as it can match up the carriers, it takes the high ship from the division to queue up for a game. It's basically a double fail division at that point. Super rare I would think, though. 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,338 battles
15 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

CV divisions need to be same tier restricted like 3 years ago

Why?  A T4 cv will still see T5 ships in the MM, whats the problem with a 4/5 div only seeing 4/5?   Its not like its a way for a 5/5/5 division to always get 4/5 MM.