You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Daltron

Improved Izumo

11 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Alpha Tester
641 posts
5,952 battles

Hey all! 

Due to this post, I wanted to make an Izumo based on specs outlined in the article that looked good, so here we are! 

I put a longer version of Yamato's bridge on her, deleted the citadel conning tower, added numerous 25mm guns, staggered and elevated the 127mm in such a way that it keeps all 6" secondaries, etc. etc. 

Sorry if it's off, I had to essentially scratch build the fore and aft ends off of a Hiraga shipbucket design. Personally I think it looks a little long, like a carrier with guns, but oh well.

If we could have something akin to this in the game I still wouldn't re-buy the Izumo but it seems like it would add a lot of survivability in the way of air attack, a higher HP pool, and a nice view to look at as you get HE spammed to death.

file.png

• Cool 7

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Very nice! :Smile_great:

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,302 posts
6,565 battles

That thing looks beautiful, would definitely add some (much-appreciated) pleasure to my grind.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,544 posts

If it's only cosmetic, I think WG should consider it, Izumo's superstructure looks terrible... but if all the weapons stay in the same places then it should at least strike more fear in the hearts of the Allies

[ERN]
Members
601 posts
8,301 battles

If only WG had done it sooner, I would have still kept it and not have replaced it with the Nelson.

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,401 battles

Nice work. I believe I am one of the weirdos who actually enjoyed Izumo, so I'd love to see that version even more. The deck always looked too empty to me.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Good work.

From the rear she always looked like a super heavy seaplane tender (which she was):

Spoiler

59d3d8cba356b_Izumocatapults.jpg.af4a0d0a0985b39901eaa33bddb3300b.jpg

You could put 4 tennis courts on that rear deck. I always liked her and gave her the nick "The Big Wedge." I'm sure I'll get her back some day, hopefully regroomed like yours.

• Cool 2

Members
269 posts
3,520 battles

I could get behind this for the beefed up secondary batteries. I've never been able to figure out why WG couldn't find space to keep all of the 155mm guns on the C hull. I do have to admit to being the weirdo that actually likes Izumo's superstructure, well, at least the bridge tower. To me, it is an interesting midpoint between the Nagato-style septipod mastwork and the Yamato/Hiei-style tower mastwork. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,940 battles
On 10/3/2017 at 1:42 PM, Stauffenberg44 said:

Good work.

From the rear she always looked like a super heavy seaplane tender (which she was):

Reveal hidden contents

59d3d8cba356b_Izumocatapults.jpg.af4a0d0a0985b39901eaa33bddb3300b.jpg

You could put 4 tennis courts on that rear deck. I always liked her and gave her the nick "The Big Wedge." I'm sure I'll get her back some day, hopefully regroomed like yours.

Forget Tennis courts you could put a nice fight deck and some bombers on Izumo with all that large and empty deck space... 

:cap_haloween: