You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Obama_69

Saint Louis point ?

23 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts

So i am almost done with my Charles Martel ( That i love ) I keep looking at the next ship " Saint Louis" My question is what's the point ? It doesn't really seem that much better than the Charles. From what i'v seen it has some extra health and AA. Not really noticing any Armor changes too. The gun rating on the Saint Louis is actually 69 while the Charles is 70. 

Is there something i'm just missing ? Cause as it stands it seems like i'm gonna be getting a Tier 8 ship in a Tier 9 slot. Also what are you're guy's thoughts on the Saint ?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

You gain access to the T9 upgrade slot. Which allows you to either get even more range or faster reload at the price of traverse speed.

Members
29 posts
36 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Plus you get a heal.  Plus you are never less than mid tier in games, and you get all the sweetness of CM with these aforementioned extras.  

1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

You gain access to the T9 upgrade slot. Which allows you to either get even more range or faster reload at the price of traverse speed.

Ah thanks.

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles

Gun rating means absolutely nothing. It's pretty much arbitrary. 

The Saint Louis gets a heal, is slightly faster, and can mount the 3 million credit upgrade; I recommend go with rate of fire, as the full upgraded range is 18.9 km iirc, so you don't need more. 

The biggest thing is the heal, allowing you to stay alive longer to do more. Ironically though, I do worse in my Saint Louis compared to my Martel... :Smile_sceptic:

[SPTR]
Members
25,806 posts
11,107 battles

Saint Loui is a good swift HE spamming cruiser~ /^.\\

provided you still maintain the long range run and gun playstyle typical of these Frenchies, they play like gigantic Russian DDs in a nutshell.

Don't worry about the AA as that's not a strong point in the Saint Loui.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,811 posts
9,878 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

but just can't pull the trigger

I cant persuade you enough? How about we put together a submission to WoW and had them make us another perm camo for the StLew-ee just like the CM ........

If you played StLew-ee, she very deadly ..... at high tier, it like making credits ship ........ ka-ching all the way

[BBICT]
Members
3,372 posts
3,561 battles

Yeah, I'm to cheap and broke to buy the camo..plus I think its boring, LOL. :Smile_teethhappy: 

The St. Lou would be my first Tier 9. Yeah, I end up fighting 9s and 10s with the Martel anyway, but I dunno... 

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
8,114 battles

I shot down 38 tier 10 planes in a battle yesterday with judicious use of defensive fire consumable.  Love Saint-Louis so far.  It's like a souped up Charles Martel.  Does everything CM does better, with a heal

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,688 battles
On 10/3/2017 at 8:23 AM, Obama_69 said:

Cause as it stands it seems like i'm gonna be getting a Tier 8 ship in a Tier 9 slot. Also what are you're guy's thoughts on the Saint ?

I'd argue that the Martel is more of a Tier 9 ship stuck at Tier 8.  

There are not too many differences between the two, but the Saint Louis is just all around better in a bunch of little ways.  The biggest difference is the Saint Louis gets a heal and access to a new upgrade slot, which can be used to improve its range or RoF.  The two ships are very similar, so I can understand if you're worried about a bit of redundancy.....but the Saint Louis is with out question a fantastic tier 9 cruiser, and is my personal favorite ship in the game at the moment.   

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,251 posts
On 10/4/2017 at 6:22 AM, Rolkatsuki said:

Saint Loui is a good swift HE spamming cruiser~ /^.\\

provided you still maintain the long range run and gun playstyle typical of these Frenchies, they play like gigantic Russian DDs in a nutshell.

Don't worry about the AA as that's not a strong point in the Saint Loui.

Maybe that's why I like them so much!   Russian destroyers are my favorite of the small botes, guess it's understandable that a line of cruisers that share that playstyle would fit me well.   Oddly, I normally play my Algerie the same way I play Pensacola and New Orleans, and it works really well.  ( most of the time I forget I HAVE torpedoes...lol)  

[SPTR]
Members
25,806 posts
11,107 battles
1 minute ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Maybe that's why I like them so much!   Russian destroyers are my favorite of the small botes, guess it's understandable that a line of cruisers that share that playstyle would fit me well.   Oddly, I normally play my Algerie the same way I play Pensacola and New Orleans, and it works really well.  ( most of the time I forget I HAVE torpedoes...lol)  

hehe~ yeah Algerie reminds me of Pensa and NO, maybe you can play the Algerie as mixed Pensa RU DD playstyle lol. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,251 posts
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

hehe~ yeah Algerie reminds me of Pensa and NO, maybe you can play the Algerie as mixed Pensa RU DD playstyle lol. 

The light/heavy cruiser!  Or is it heavy/light cruiser?  Or just "Eat THIS, bi%$#!"

Members
29 posts

Been awhile but i'v had the Saint Louis for about two months now and i am loving it. I feel that the results speak for them self. I'm also kind of a fan of the Torp belt. It seems a step above the rest of the Cruisers.5a492d59191dd_SaintLouis.thumb.png.c13a389f0ed694cb5ab762633aa08d09.png

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
On 10/3/2017 at 11:10 AM, _Fantomex_ said:

Gun rating means absolutely nothing. It's pretty much arbitrary. 

The Saint Louis gets a heal, is slightly faster, and can mount the 3 million credit upgrade; I recommend go with rate of fire, as the full upgraded range is 18.9 km iirc, so you don't need more. 

The biggest thing is the heal, allowing you to stay alive longer to do more. Ironically though, I do worse in my Saint Louis compared to my Martel... :Smile_sceptic:

i loved CM and didn't like saint loui.   bigger, less agile and seem to get hit more. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,811 posts
9,878 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

less agile and seem to get hit more

double rudder shift/CE build, stay at range for the first few minutes

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I did use double rudder/stayed at range.  just doesn't seem to be as good as CM though.   I did alright, just not as good. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,811 posts
9,878 battles
On ‎1‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, centarina said:

I did alright, just not as good

you need to play her more and get use to her. But you also need to be aware that other players at the level t9/t10 or other team work can be a big factor of impact.

Ppl can still 1 shot you if you not careful